Will There be Other Super Curse Users in the War Seas?

So as we all know, the War Seas and their kingdoms thrive on Sea Curses and their power. Going so far as to create entire vault like structures to store them. With this technology in mind, why have there been no mention of Super Curse holder?

I suppose it would be somewhat of putting all your eggs in one basket, having multiple curses in a single person could be considered risky. As if they die, then all those curses either are lost or stolen. However, given the raw power of having multiple curses in one vessel, it seems improbable that no kingdoms have even considered this.

What do you all think?

1 Like

would be cool to fight a supercurse user in endgame

i dont think lorewise that anyone in the warseas would know about that exept the order

Well seeing how old certain kingdoms are you’d think it would at least be proposed. I mean what are these kingdoms doing being in the War Seas if not constantly trying to experiment and find new ways to annihilate their opponents?

As for the Order, I would like to see them experimenting with curses they’ve obtained. Seeing as they don’t value human life, they can recycle curses and curse holders with devourers.

that could be a possibility but regular kingdoms that would appear throughout the story probably wouldnt have devourers unless they are connected to the order or have made one with the methods on making the devourer if it its makeable and if their is even a method on making it

Devourers as far I know is just inverse arcanium, something that I like to call Hecatite, so most kingdoms should have access to it. Especially with the emphasis that the War Seas place on Sea Curses, I could imagine entire battalions of soldiers armed with the things trying desperately to take down a curse holder to claim it for their nation.

This is at least hinted at by the fact that kingdoms (including the navy) have access to hecatite handcuffs. Which are similar to devourers, seeing as they drain magical energy from a person, and again Curse Vaults just being a thing implies that part of conquering other nations is taking their curses. Which would require a devourer to work.

makes sense

I remember it was stated by Tech that Arthur was the only Supercurse User left… and the way he talked about it sounded like we were supposed to learn what happened to the others. (He said he cant reveal what happened to them)

I could recheck, but thats what I remember… (I could be misremembering and he’s talking about how Arthur has the most curses but eh)

I’d be surprised if we never see a super curse user in the entire story. It’d make for a great boss in the latter half of the game.

Though I think a lot of the reason that kingdoms don’t try to get super curse users all that often is just because there’s a decent amount of risk when it comes to leaving a curse unabsorbed even if its protected in a vault.

sometimes i like to think that the more time a curse is left unabsorbed the more powerful it becomes when absorbed but its not i dont think but it would be cool if it was

That’s true, and I’m pretty sure the vaults are mostly a way to keep curses safe for things like trade deals and such. Still, it seems odd none of them would think to arm a soldier or noble with two curses.

I checked and can confirm Tech did say that there were other Supercurse Users other than Arthur, but theyre dead. And he says he cant reveal what killed them (which implies it might be covered in the story).

But this was in WoM. Idk if he meant it by WoM times or when Arthur was alive. Might be the latter though because of the question “Were there other natural Supercurse Users other than Arthur?”

If it was going to be covered in WoM, it might be covered in AO in a certain way. Maybe it will be done by showing one that is alive and we’ll see how they get killed…

Interesting so others did have the idea, and something killed them. Maybe there’s a curse holder or deity out there specifically targeting them. (Probably not the deity concept, but seeing as it’s confirmed gods can reform it could be possible that one has and is keeping themselves secret.)

that is how I remember it as well. They are all dead.

I think the possibility for new ones to appear could happen too though. Considering the War Seas Kingdoms know how to move curses setting up the means of becoming a super curse user shouldn’t be super difficult (need to touch all the curses at the exact same time).

Well its also just a lot of trust to put in one person. Its already takes a lot of trust to give one of your subordinates one curse, give them two and they’re likely the undisputed powerhouse of the kingdom. If they ever decide that they don’t like you or the kingdom then at best you’ve lost 2 curses and at worst you and your entire kingdom is about to get glassed.

A ruler could just give themselves the curses instead as they can trust themselves a lot more easily, but they do run the risk of killing themselves by doing that.

I still think that there are probably 1 or 2 or possibly even a few more kingdoms who either have a super curse user or at least attempted to make one, but the reasons above along with what I said earlier are probably why most don’t.

So yeah, it’s actually really impractical to make one, given the increased risk of betrayal from a subordinate or the risk of losing several curses or even worse them ending up in the hands of the enemy. Guess it’s not as improbable as I first thought.

also even though I choose TheFollest as the solution, that doesn’t mean we should stop this discussion.

Is there a particular super curse you’d like to see?

I think something like wind and maybe lightning, I don’t know I just really like storm based characters and it’s be an interesting character to fight.

If there is a boss with a curse that uses storm powers, it’d probably be one with the storm curse rather than the wind and lightning curses.