Wip art(totally will improve in quality in terms of painting eventually)

this is the original(before I colored it)

this lowkey looks like somebody used a crayon on this :sob:

2 Likes

technically I can use this for artober right(the finished result I mean not the current one)

might as well ping @Not_a_Knife to uh see just how well I did(probably could color better and whatnot)

I’d advise you to try and use a more solid brush when blocking in colors. Otherwise you end up with holes and the like.

btw wdym by blocking in?

Placing down the colors prior to alteration.

Say, for example, you were drawing an apple. After placing the outlines to get an idea of its shape, you’d use a completely solid brush to add in the red until it was solid throughout. THEN you’d go in with the textured brushes for details such as lightning or alterations.

ohhh I see thanks a lot

okay so I took some of your guys’ advice(like blocking in, thx a lot for that tip)
so anyways I decided to mess around with an airbrush to see if I could do shading with that(it might’ve worked ig? not sure!)

yeah tbh this could’ve turned out better but it’s progress

1 Like

ok after some time I discovered that the app I use can have the brush be smaller or bigger(it helps so much with the edges)

ngl this is slowly turning out ok

2 Likes

Whoops didn’t see this until now apologies, but this is really solid progress so far. I see you’ve already been told how to block out your colors and it’s quite the improvement. Now you should try and give more shape to the weapon. Your lineart seems to have completely disappeared after coloring, but that lineart would really help with making the shape and details distinct.

ah thanks for the advice(rn just somehow woke up an hour late :laughing: )
I’ll just use a smaller brush this time
did I forget to mention that this was just practice?

sunkeh swort

anyways I’m going to draw first 3 days of artober so uh wish me luck(or don’t, depending on how you see me as)

okay