WoM Continued: The Thread

1: better optimization

2: grant bosses cutscenes when you fight them to make the story more immersive

3: add many new kinds of quests and lower the difficulty of other ones (like long distance fetch quests)

4: revamp magic effects to look similar to AO’s magic at high levels

5: revamp the looks of many wild areas and cities to look more polished and not so bland and opened

6: add options to join the magic council or become apart of some bandit or dark wizard syndicate (not sure how this may work with the game’s story but probably depends on your side you picked for the story and each side has it’s own unique bosses and characters)

7: keep smart npcs, but reduce the amount of them to around 5 per town and add a lot of static npcs (makes the game feel somewhat alive but not laggy)

8: introduce more weapon types and revamp the strength enchantment to merge with the power enchantment like AO

9: revamp all the other enchantment types

10: allow for players to CHOOSE the enchantment they want, however this costs significantly more crowns than just randomly getting one.

11: add all kinds of negative rep towns littered here and there for villain reps to have easier access to services

12: add horses or some kind of transport like a magic infused train for easier transport across the lands

First of all:

Starting off: fixing WoM

WoM is a broken game, don’t even try to lie to me, if I were to take development, my first step is fixing all the bugs in WoM, the would be my priority.

Step 1: Understanding and reading lore and planning
Now, I’m not a mountain dew-chugging, body pillow-having, lore watcher so I would probably have to know a shit ton of AA/AO/WoM lore to see what fits and what doesn’t fit ingame to have conflict with storylines. After this I would need a good while to plan on what I want to do with the story/ game. If this fails i can always just ask Vetex what his original plans for the game was

Step 2: The Great Move
I would create my own specific Discord for WoM, maybe I would hire some TRUSTWORTHY Forumers to mod or smth. This discord would be dedicated to WoM and have some branches for AO or smth. Accessing info for WoM would be much quicker and people would understand the split between the two.

Step 3. The Developing
now, I can barely even remember how to print “Hello World” , so this is where things get completely hypothetical and assuming i have a similar skill level to Vetex or something. I would start off by continuing the storyline. Updates would have to be in short, but meaningful bursts similar to Deepwoken. This is to keep a more consistent playerbase, these games make much more and attract much more than games with Major, yet slow updates. Since I plan on solo developing, these would be much more small and every two weeks, but updates would consist of more features, bugfixes, balancing, Storyline updates, items, etc.

Step 4. Halfway Point.
Once I’m satisfied with the areas I’ve created and thee storyline is set in stone, i start adding some of the more popular concepts from the trello without outright becoming AO; Lost Magics, Professions, and AREA Capturing come to mind. The rest I would have to rely on community feedback/ myself. I would start to focus less on QoL but more on content. Maybe like raid bosses, dungeons a complex storyline, Weapon/ attack customization.

Step 5. Endgame
Once I’ve finished the storyline and am satisfied, ill think of smth clever to do for endgame, maybe expand on some systems, add a non-shitty rebirth system, add incentives to play. Maybe i will add modes/ minigames

Step 6. Retirement
Lets face it, I am a highschooler, i have a lot i gotta do already and managing a game wont make it much easier, Once I’m satisfied, ill make a copy of the game and hand it over to another talented scripter to do whatever they want with the game

As a more serious answer I would lean all in on magic. weapons would once more be tools that give you an attack that scales with power. All old magics are back except metal is still merged.
stat builds do not exist your minds are opened just like they are in AA story progression and level.
5 magics per character (base, lost, and ancient)

Legendary weapons return with a new system that does not encourage player killing (Chart leads to the grave of the legend who wielded the weapon essentially a super-boss that only the holder of the chart and their party can damage them. Dying to the boss [with minimal damage from players] will cause the player to drop the chart allowing others to attempt the fight)

Bug fixes and optimizations where it’s possible are obviously a must

Essentially everything that was planned already before AO was planned

Spell casting focuses as weapons, essentially giving Magic M1s each different type has a different attack shape and type. The different types also give slight buffs to different stats and power.

add npcs that do this:
GrossSizzlingAmericanbadger-size_restricted

1 Like

it would be near impossible to reach level 5000 without adding more high level npcs

oh my god is that a jojo reference?

screw wom get ready for ao

Gunna writing in fire - Imgflip

2 Likes

idk, i just want to have very cool and epic fight

Or you could just make it that exp is really easy to get and you get like 50 levels per starter quest or some shit

No.

No.

So I would add most of the stuff said above, and instead of horses I would add air ships/hot air balloons(think legend of korra) as the main form of transport, the airship ports would exist near/in major cities and sky islands and they would have similar customizations that the boats in AO have. I would probably focus on adding stuff like story and a criminal town so negative reps don’t have to suffer

this is interesting but the infamy gain is tiny here.
I’d also flavor it as guarding (there’s a better word but I can’t think of it) the city/town) if you had an average positive reputation.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.