WoM Trivia, Part 2

More random facts you probably didn’t need to know.
Some of these may have been mentioned in previous posts, I have a bad memory.

• The Magic Council Commissioner takes exactly 5 minutes to respawn. The same is likely true for other preset NPCs like David or the guards.
  • Changing your eyes or mouth at the tailor does not cost crowns.
  • Sometimes hitting anchored debris causes it to unanchor for some reason. Most noticeable with the collapsed tower.
  • Sometimes after killing another npc, an npc may continue walking in the direction in the last direction it was facing. This may cause it to run off the edge of the map, in some cases, or into a wall.
  • In some cases, the Minotaur can destroy the corners of Summer Hold without starting a threat. This is possibly because he may stand in an area outside the registered boundaries of Summer Hold.
  • If you break a chest in an area registered as a town, you will start a threat, even if the chest isn’t in the town itself.
  • If you buy one fish bait from a fishmonger and wait for the shop to restock (20 mins), you can get the fishmonger to have 599 fish bait within their store. This applies to other shops as well. The likely reason for this is that there’s something within the npc that detects if the shop has below the maximum amount, and if it does, it adds the maximum amount to the current amount.
  • NPCs may be controlled locally. This is due to the developer console showing some npc functions being client sided, and also this one glitch where the same npc can be on two different positions on two players’ screens.
  • NPCs probably don’t have spell cooldowns.
  • If you create a platform on a water area with ice or magma, then use a placed explosion on that platform, you can damage npcs underwater. The platform will break, however.
  • If you drop a magma spamming NPC into a body of water, they will essentially imprison themselves by creating blocks and platforms everywhere on top of themselves due to continuous blast spamming.
  • If you stand in an inaccessible area with NPCs aggroed to you, they will continue high jumping in order to try and find a way to get to you. Magic users, dagger throwers, and archers may shoot you as well after high jumping, as presumably, ranged moves use raycasting.
  • If an NPC is following you along an opposite side of a river, the npc will move along the edge until it is close to you, then jump into the river. (Most easily seen in Riverville)
  • A good way to spot structures is to stand on top of the Silent Tower flag during daytime, as it gives you visibility over the entire map. Not an efficient way to spot bosses, however. Other high points like the top of Mount Seawatch also work.
  • Be careful of captains who use an environmental DoT magic (magma, acid, glass, poison, ash). Not only do their DoT items do high tick damage (60 - 70), magma, acid, and glass hovers will also drop the DoT items below them which do the same damage. (I once got killed by a glass captain dropping glass on my head with a hover spell)
  • Using the devloper console, you can keep track of what NPCs have despawned recently (including bosses). This is because most of the time when an NPC despawns, an error message will pop up with the NPC’s name. It’s not very useful though.
  • Sometimes while your character is loading in, the appearance of a random NPC may by temporarily overlayed instead. This automatically fixes within a short time, but still looks rather bizarre.
  • If you have the broken NPC glitch (where NPCs do not respond much to being hit) and start a threat, the threat will never end unless you die/leave the server.
  • The map will sometimes be bugged, displaying threats in areas which have none. Other times, threats won’t end even if the culprit is dead (usually more frequent with NPC threats).
  • The best way to get an npc over a short ledge is to break part of it. The npcs will use this as stairs. Otherwise, the npcs will just keep jumping for quite some time before they figure out how to make it over.
20 Likes

Is your WOM recreation almost done?

No, it’s far from done, and likely won’t be for quite some time.

Oof. Is it atleast at a stage of early access? Or atleast a playable amount is completed?
I’d love to check it out.

It’s playable, to an extent, but many features aren’t added or are lacking visual quality. You can check out some of my old posts to see how it’s like, if you (or anyone else for that matter) want to check it out for yourself I can give you play access. It’s privated though, so I’ll need your roblox username for granting access.

I have already looked through your YT and haven’t seen anything new, thats why I asked.
If I really can have play access, my username is NannoProdigy (display name is LockWantsToBattle)

Yeah, haven’t uploaded stuff on Youtube in a while. I don’t really post much on there.
Here’s the game then
Game link

I’ll check it later, I have to do something really quick.
Also, this is the first time I’ve been given “tester” :smiley:

i also found out some things:
during the loading assets screen, you are in a spawnbox ~3000 meters away from the bronze grasslands and ~3000 meters in the sky.
here, everyone loads as a block rig (however with animations and 100 health, they can also be damaged)
if you kill the rig of a player in the box when they are in the title screen, they go through the assets loading screen again.
while loading assets, the camera is located in the box, so if there is a player stuck there then the player loading in can hear the other player and after they spawn in, can see the spell names in chat.
the rig loads in your character when you select play on a file, and if your ping is high enough then you can catch a glimpse of the spawnbox.
the box is small (maybe 10 x 10 x 10 studs) and its invisble, but has a collision box for magics and stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I was playing with a friend once and they got stuck in that box due to a file loading bug.
It’s interesting to know about more of the specifics though.

i got one: killing an NPC that spawned inside a town while OUTSIDE the town’s boundaries will not start a threat, but it will always lower your bounty to hostile if it wasn’t there before and give you a bounty. if you kill an npc that didn’t spawn in the town but went in the town i don’t think it has consequences but i haven’t tested that

1 Like

I’m not sure either, but it would be interesting to figure out. I know killing an npc that walked into a town still starts a threat if you’re inside as well, but if you aren’t, I am unsure how it will affect your rep or bounty.

Can anyone test it out or are you only letting a select few people interact with the game? :thinking:

“hey man can i close my eyes and stop smiling?”

“sure m8 that’d be twenty crowns”

imagine if it does lmao

It’s private right now due to it being highly unfinished, but I don’t mind giving people access if they’re interested.

1 Like

Bonus fact:
Here’s how you sneak up on villains without aggroing them to take photos. (note the position of the player character)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.