WoM Trivia, Part 3

Yes, a third part. Everyone seems to like these for some reason. As such, here’s more useless facts that you may or may not have known. Apologies for duplicate points.

Ignore the deleted topic I posted earlier. I accidentally clicked “create topic” while typing.

• Civilians automatically heal after some time if they are damaged.
  • Most land structures have two variants, though some are not very noticeable. For example, the two magic council outpost only have shifted chest locations.
  • The only two towns with mayors are the two Vistarian ones (Riverville and Ironport).
    Mayors don’t have special dialogue and reuse regular civilian lines.
  • Civilians do not attempt to flee from hostile negative rep npcs except when hit, or in the case of dark wizards, near-missed.
  • I once saw Minotaur destroy the base floor of the Silent Tower and kill all the guards without knocking it over or starting a threat.
  • You can wake up sleeping civilians by having a negative rep player scare them to having an NPC hit them. You can also fix NPCs that won’t talk to you (most common with MC Guards) by having them take damage from an NPC or player.
  • Having too many items in your inventory can severely lag your game when you open it. I know this because I have way too many items and that happens.
  • While not all normal NPCs can reach lv 50, I know the following can: Bandits, MC Scouts, Pirates, and possibly Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters?
  • David can’t jump while using his hover spell. This leads to him getting stuck often. Same applies to MC Captains, but David can’t use high jump spells either, unlike Captains.
  • David’s spawn position is on his bed, facing the wall on the leftmost side of the room (direction is assuming the player had just entered the room and is facing forwards).
  • The lake on top of Mount Seawatch contains northern lake fish, despite the map as of right now only containing the southern parts of the map.
  • NPC shops have a crown balance that decreases when you sell an item to them and increase when you buy one from them. However, I have never seen an NPC’s shop fully deplete of crowns, so I don’t know if that prevents you from selling anything more.
  • Bell Village’s bell has a box-shaped hitbox.
  • NPCs can have the following dual first and last names: Rose Rose, Cole Cole, Marshall Marshall, and Percy Percy. However, I don’t think I’ve seen all of these. There was one time when I found two NPCs named Rose Rose at the same time though. They were both MC Scouts too.
  • If even one of an npc’s multi-kill targets dies, then the quest itself disappears if not accepted. This is likely because some NPCs only spawn because they are tied to quests.
  • NPCs’ hair and facial hair fall off because they may not be properly welded to the NPC’s head, or due to a bug with the ragdoll script. I have seen npcs with beards that don’t drop them upon death, and this didn’t use to happen a year or two ago, so this is likely to just be a bug with the script.
  • There are 12 types of chests. Gold, silver, or light grey borders, and brown, dark brown, green, and red wood. There are 9 types of private storage. The same three borders, with red, green, or blue wood. Appearance does not affect the contents of the chests, of course.
  • MC Guards, Commissioners, and presumably the tower Captain all pathfind back to their spawn location when whoever they’re chasing dies or leaves. If interrupted by sighting a target, they will continue walking for a slight moment longer before turning to face their attacker.
  • While mercenary ships tend towards lighter colors and pirate ones toward darker colors, this isn’t always the case.
  • There’s a bug where sometimes, after you click on an NPC, the NPC will turn back towards where it was originally facing instead of turning to face you, or facing you then reverting its position.
  • Northern ocean fish (see image). Do note I don’t have all of them.

This is likely the last WoM trivia for a while, running out of stuff to mention.
On a side note: Are people actually interested in seeing photos of completely random NPCs I happen to have photos of?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

6 Likes

it doesnt stop you from selling them, but it gives you a confirmation if you want to sell the item even if you won’t earn crowns. i remember this from when smoke arrows ruled the economy

if you’re selling multiple items at once, it’ll stop when the npc runs out of money and give you the confirmation

Lol wat?

on release, there wasnt anything rare like sunkens, seasonals, or boss drops so all people really cared about was being able to enchant/upgrade meta sets, which required a LOT of crowns, but there was a really low cap (i dont remember what it was)

smoke arrows also used to sell for 1 crown, which let people bypass the crown cap by selling those smoke arrows whenever they needed crowns.

this caused the entire trading economy to revolve around smoke arrows because they can be traded

2 Likes

Wow, I joined WoM when american seasonals got released and there was 60 lvl cap. So maybe its why I don’t remember it.

its getting fixed. but boy is it fun to nearly crash whenever you want to trade.

2 Likes

You actually can ask someone to look at your inventory (through trade window) and then just kill them while they are freezed by lags.

World of Infographic

Interesting. I knew Vetex made smoke arrows unsellable at one point, but didn’t know that was the reason, since I never got invested in trading. Thanks for the information.

That is so evil lol I need to try this out
but what if they have a good computer?

Still you will have some seconds before they close trade window. I think 2 blasts from 3 blasts move would do best.

How many items do you need in your inventory to get this? I know this can really vary because a lot of people’s inventory is like 30% arrows and smoke arrows and then you also gotta keep stacked items in mind. But at how many items does one’s inventory start to lag? Mine already makes me lag for like a minute every time I open it but it could also be my computer

Idk, never had so big inventory, but I think its better to buy a lot of things with different lvl and color, so there will be icon for every item which will lead to lags.

1 Like

My inventory causes about a minute of lag/freezing the first time I open it. Textures aren’t fully loaded in but you can still see the item count.

If you’re wondering, there’s around 12.2k fish bait, 7.7k smoke arrows, and 12.6k arrows.

this lags me out e.e

1 Like

I have like 200k items

has anyone got down the weird detail that if you have a face with freckles, the freckles go away when your avatar is exhausted? (no stamina left and panting)

freckles are just part of the imagination. when tired freckles don’t exist because you can’t imagine them anymore.

It’s likely because of the fact that there’s a lack of a freckled version of the exhausted mouth decal, but interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.