Wood savant

I need help finishing this wood savant build, I’ve never made armor for wood so I don’t know how much speed I should have and stuff. I’m 100m/120s/50w cherry wood/pink crystal/cannonfist with old weapons like ardent or tempered wooden staff, ardent or tempered old dagger, and ardent or tempered old musket. I don’t want size, mostly speed and some agility just for movement.

Current Armor

Gear Builder

Should I get more speed, more agility, more defense, etc.
Im keeping wood/crystal btw but cannonfist I may change if you have a better idea, I’ve been thinking about sailor, basic, boxing, or thermo (no ironleg)

I would also rather have more power and less defense (I’m fine with what I have rn in the two stats)

Huzzah, fellow Wood Savant!

I’d see if you could replace the Wood Bracelet with something else, since the boosts gained from the Intensity and Size will be completely negligible. If you want Attack Speed, I’d try the Caped Silver Pauldrons.

The thing with the bracelet is, I have a bracelet lying around from an old build already atlantean and nimble, I just have to actually use it. I agree the size and intensity are completely useless, they’re just A: from the bracelet and B: from me trying to get attack speed on the atlantean essence

I do want 1 insanity on this build though, so Caped Silver Pauldrons are a no-go.

Probably not this because I do NOT want to grind for a sunken warrior helm but it’s a possibility

I could also do boxing and use this

but no insanity
and 14 random resistance

I really don’t recommend using too much wood arcanium armor because balance team wants to make it give regen but here’s a fairly cheap build (no sunken/sw) that should be fairly useful.

for the modifiers, frozen/crystalline/blasted will do (but no other modifiers will work). I would honestly not run uncommon gear if you cannot find it modified.

I also recommend Hasty since balance team wants to nerf the other exotic enchants. That, and it’s relatively cheaper. Keep your gemstones consistent since perfect jewels are super cheap and it’s easy to do.

Don’t sleep on amulets either, they’ve been buffed a lot.

I’ve set the substat levels to what would be roughly useful. 70 agility is actually fairly noticeable, and 200 speed always helps, especially with such slow magics/savant in general.

Frankly your build will never be viable in serious combat (wood magic and cannon fist savant???), but this should suit it well.

as an addendum: Atlantean should only ever be applied to sunken or boss gear. There’s no other practical use for it, not until dark bronze or siren gear is buffed to the same efficiency as boss gear.

While wood arcanium still gives power/defense, I would use it instead of dark bronze or siren. However, if you do want to use at least one atlantean item, I would use an atlantean dark bronze helmet.

Im probably gonna wait until after easter event ends to make this btw, due to balance changes and me not wanting to get my build outdated within 2 days of using it