( Work In Progress ) Nums's Ideas On Professions

There I added the framework for that section to rectify the matter.
Yeah I should’ve listened to myself earlier when I thought “Perhaps I shouldn’t attempt to release it early and get feedback along the way since i’ll probably get clowned on a bit”

yeah that’s a better way to go about it.
Thanks Liu.

1 Like

moving this to #game-discussion so you have time to work on it and receive feedback. don’t post an unfinished suggestion in #suggestions please

3 Likes

It’s worse than earlier…

I had considered doing so at first but because of how making suggestion like posts ( not listed in suggestions ) has been treated in the past I decided to post it in suggestions albeit prematurely.

Anyhow It’s nice to know that I can post suggestion drafts in game discussion and collect feedback on it before moving it to suggestions.

now now it’s not that bad mate. I originally planned to write it all today but some stuff happened that made me decide to extend it to tomorrow.

wdym, you literally have somehow achieved less useful information than the start of the day

I have now made it better : )

scams

note here: this is abysmally weak
fire dot is 35% over 5 seconds (according to crafty)
meaning, if you used a potion that gave 20% dmg resistance to burn,
and for calculations sake 100 base damage:
you’d take 127 out of 135, which practically makes no actual difference

even in terms of exploration or whatever it still would suck
if you were in an area that gave 10 fire damage every tick, you’d still just take 8 damage under a 20% potion, no practical difference

side note; you could of at least laid some groundwork for the others yeah?
even some basic ideas would be good to put down, we could at least build on those

although frankly this suggestion wouldn’t really accomplish much even if it were to be polished up

yeah that’s just an example of how quality would affect potions. I thought that was made clear but my bad if it wasn’t.
In it’s current state yes, thus is why I need to work on it more.
Tbh 2 hours wasn’t enough, should’ve put 8 into it and then released it.

Updated the disclaimers section ( again ), explained my thoughts on the Auctioneer & Merchant professions and added “To Be Written” onto the sections that I haven’t done yet.

and like they can progress faster by doing quests from an NPC of their profession, like a series of quests not related to the main story that give exp for that profession each time a quest is completed

Welcome to our community mate :confetti_ball:
Hmm… that’s… not that bad of an idea.
I’ma add that to the post now.

I just completely rewrote the Alchemy section so please go check it out.
I decided to rewrite in a less… eh? manner so that reading it is easier.
Gotta break up the monotony of text somehow.

Any and all feedback on the change in style would be greatly appreciated.

On second thought I should probably rename it to the Alchemy Journal so that it’s less confusing.

Yes and no.
Yes because as you mentioned it would make mats more accessible on the market.
No because having them only accessible to Alchemists makes being an Alchemist personally, more useful.

Honestly it could go either way, I just think that it would be better if they were only available to those who’ve sunk time into the profession.

It refers to the profession lvl, 100 is the max.
However unlike player lvls, ideally profession lvls will be a bit harder to get so 100 lvls should suffice.

Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

the ideas for professions are OK i guess, but i still like vetex’s plan for having only one and a half professions

stop

imagine Alchemist profession you can create your own potions and put whatever typa enchant you wanted on an item without having luck (obviously wouldn’t be added cause everybody would have an extra file or alt whenever they needed a specific enchant instead of the luck type thing the games supposed to have but it’d be cool)

With alchemist’s finally making potions, this would be a good time to separate the professions.

Being able to get specific enchantments is a side hope for me actually.
Because if vetex is ever going to make enchantments not be rng hell, when professions are added would be the best time to do it.