Would the world have actually been better off without magic?

Several months ago, I came across this post, and it made me actually wonder, could humanity have been better off without magic? It would have easily subverted the deaths of millions of innocent people, and not caused mass havoc for hundreds of years. So, would have humanity actually been better off without it?

not really. society is without magic and look where we are.

5 Likes

look at the real world instead of an online forum

Go outside, you will find a world without magic!!! :scream:

World of Normal

depends on whether or not you consider multiple near world-ending magic explosions to be a good thing

Hey, better than twitter.

2 Likes

what have you done? I thought we were done with this already :(

i did like a quote I saw in the other thread

7 Likes

literally no difference on how humanity is with or without magic. literally look at history and the millions we sent to death and all the genocides that happened and are currently happening throughout the world.

magic only made it more likely to destroy the world at an early start, we’re more than capable and currently screwing up our world as we speak with or without magic. the only difference is it’s a collective group of people screwing us over than 1-2 people doing so

2 Likes

now think about what would happen if the world had magic, including criminals

1 Like

world of magic without magic is just world of tragic

1 Like

Normal Odyssey

fr, that app is something else

first off, current world is pretty fucked with the politics and whatnot. add in nuclear weapons, guns, pretty much every weapon out there - humans will eventually come into conflict with each other.

now, i suppose one explosion magic explosion is equal to one nuclear bomb. with power like that, just imagine what would happen. (also consider the different magics, and that’s base magic alone. get into absorption, lost magic, etc. and you know there’ll be carnage)

1 Like

probably, with magic people would cause more fights and the violence and destruction would be on a much greater scale.

people without magic would be destroyed essentially. Though we’d progress pretty quickly too

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.