Yet Another Person Complaining About AO Because of PVP

behold! YET ANOTHER DEEPWOKEN KIDDY who hates the idea of elevating oneself while in the middle of a life or death experience! he complains about how “M1s are unbalanced!!!” and in the comments, takes a comment by Selectorch about how combat is similar to an FPS because you have to aim, incorrectly and says this: (this is a DIRECT QUOTE)
“I have been sitting here trying to comprehend how in Vetex words “a story-driven open world RPG with pvp, stat builds, as well as many other features such as cooking.” and you sat here and described that as a “THIRD PERSON SHOOTER” IS actually insane to me because YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME. So you said that WITH ACTUAL GAME EXPERIENCE. I’m sorry for looking at a Open world RPG Game with weapons and magic as a fighting game when it was indeed a 3rd person shooter. And im not being sarcastic I really am sorry for looking at it like a fighting game when the players are viewing it as a 3rd person shooter.”

and then:

“The combat is 70% of the game [expletive not allowed to be posted]… you fish for stuff to help you in combat. You cook to GET BUFFS FOR COMBAT. Everything in that game revolves around the combat. And of top of that [Another N Word] YOU aint play the game but the person who did called it a 3rd person shooter not me.”

then probably to another person in that thread:

“Stupid ass boy the game its self is 70% all about the combat. All these cool little features the game has ALL COME TOGETHER with the COMBAT. Why do you cook? DO GET COMBAT BUFFS? Why do you enchant armor? TO GET COMBAT BUFFS. Why are you doing the bounty system? TO FIGHT NPCS WITH THE COMBAT. So to sit here and say its not the whole game is fucking stupid.”

so yeah I think he may have a negative iq, you can see in the thumbnail it literally says “stop jumping” and I mean, come on, look at his oc, do I really have to say anything? This is the kind of guy to kill freshies in erisia for “going onto his turf” or some shit like that because on god he abuses attunementless 100%

7 Likes

Jesus christ it really does seem like anybody mentioning Deepwoken gets some forumers fuming in anger as if a loved one died, especially with how you acted in the comments.

While I don’t agree with what Blackstar is saying you did not handle the critiques well (I also came on the forums expecting this post to appear)

26 Likes

welp, sorry, I just dislike deepwoken since, yknow, the horrible combination of permadeath and encouraged pvp, I quit when I wiped twice in 60 min at erisia to players.

i haven’t watched the video, but from what i’ve heard, his arguments seem about as well put together as his thumbnail

7 Likes

The game is focused on combat but on PvE/Storyline combat not PvP

Cooking has more purposes. If he read the trello then he would know that cooking has other purposes like saving you from starvation and increasing movement speed.

Well why else would you enchant armour?

Renown
To cure boredom
Something to do to take a break from the story

If he read the trello, has read the original announcement post for AO, and has watched the QnA (though the QnA is fairly new so that’s reasonable if you’re not a forumer), he would know that Vetex has stated on multiple occasions that the main focus of the game is the story and that there will be plenty of non-combat focused activities.

He just watched videos of Vetex showcasing some skills from an entire year ago. Vetex was just jumping in those videos so the viewers could see it better. You can’t judge the actual combat by watching a showcase for abilities.

I agree.

those were all things he said in replies to selectorch’s comment

I know. I was responding to what he said.

Every word that comes out of this guy’s mouth makes him look more like a dumbass and I haven’t even started the video yet.

Man needs a doctor.

Honestly i was thinking about taking his criticism serious and REALLY diving into it but then i saw that he makes ABA content

Ngl if you play ABA and enjoy the game you honestly don’t deserve the human right to give criticism for game PvP :person_shrugging:

now i don’t like airstall pvp either but dude plays fucking anime pvp games and then criticizes ao’s combat despite it being very incomplete and not meant to be the focus of the game

Thats exatly why most roblox devs dont even bother to show combat of the game

i am not trying to flame this guy over an opinion but why do people call AO combat bad when every single game on roblox has shitty ass combat

10 Likes

Blackstar is the definition of a troll and a contrarian. Plus, forming a whole opinion about the game when you haven’t even played is completely stupid. While that, it’s just one person’s opinion so it’s best to ignore it.

Combat
In my opinion, I find the combat to be user friendly and quite simple for a story/PVE focused game from just looking at the sneak peeks and videos. I don’t think the majority of players on the platform would like Deepwoken/ABA combat for a game like this. It’s literally Deepwoken/etc players nitpicking the smallest things and being pretentious about it because it isn’t like their favorite game combat system or style.

1 Like

i didnt understand half of his words

As much shit as we give WoM’s combat I’d easily place it im like the top 5 on Roblox. Haven’t played all the games out there but I don’t really need to when it’s all the same 3-4 combat systems with another coat of paint. Maybe some people enjoy those systems but I whole heartedly do not like just about most lf them.

People not say anything about most games just being “m1 m1 m1 combo extender, m1 m1 m1 m1 combo finisher”
Its impressive

really wasted 40 minutes of his life making a video ranting about a game he hasn’t played that has unfinished combat :skull: thats next level hating

and ironically i bet he was one of the people blindly dickriding deepwoken before they even showed pictures of the game

game will still get thousands of players whether he likes it or not :man_shrugging: don’t even want people like him playing my game anyway if all they care about is combat and sweating, they can stick to deepwoken

37 Likes

seriously, the guy seems so off. He and some other fellows were calling AO combat garbage after watching 2 or 3 clips. They’re thinking it’ll be “skillless” despite not playing it. I don’t understand how people can come to conclusions whether or not combat will be skillful without actually playing the game. (I already know he’s going to be a shitter LMAO, one of those shitters who’s overconfident about their ability to pvp despite being garbage)

20 Likes

bros gonna cry to his nonexistent parents after finding out ao is actually good