You are a deity creating heroes, and they have this super mode

Scenario: You’re a deity and you’re creating powers/movesets for your chosen heroes. You’re almost done making their powers but just need one more thing, which is their “super mode”. Their super mode allows them to gain more power, but they’ll become extra tired after it wears off. Overuse may cause major magic related health problems. If a hero dies with their super mode still toggled on, the next hero will be weaker.

What trigger for that super mode will you choose? Would you be the one to manually activate it yourself, even though you’re probably lazy?

take notes

just wondering but in terms of pure advantage and disregarding narrative, what would you pick?

if its purely to give them an advantage then at will

Probably removing/equipping an accessory as the trigger

are you considering how this affects the narrative or are you focused on sole advantage

I’d make it that they should pray to me (or beg me for help) so I can lend them their latent power (super mode) instead of giving it to them, I’d obviously have to manually activate it but since I’m a deity I’m going to assume I have some sort of omnipotence and therefore should know when my chosen hero is in danger/actually needs help.

Also because there’s some risk factors to that power, don’t want my future heroes to be weaker if some of the heroes I summon have problematic behavior. (like someone who is obsessed with power overusing it/dying with it)

now that i think about it, this ain’t so bad…

whenever they say “Nanomachines, son”

It should activate if they can manage to emit a loud foghorn noise with their mouth. If they can’t do that, then they clearly don’t deserve this increased power.

1 Like

whenever they say “stop playing lil nga” their wind imbued boxing gloves have 2.25x aoe and speed

Accessory destroyed = their screwed

ok but if they recite the minos prime speech then ORDER should start playing for the intro if they say it on beat, and once it finishes the rest of ORDER kicks in and the super mode activates (good idea trust)

simple, it gets activated right when they die

bro :skull:

should teach them to not fuck up

This question feels oddly tailored to me :sob:

Anyways, I would just create a hyper exotic substance without caring how actually safe it is and then go to sleep for trillions of years.

And I’d make it so the more of this substance you’re exposed to, the more powerful you become.

wth how??? :sob:

When ever they want they can just turn it on or off without any fanfare/fuss

Think 1 punch man where he can just pull out a stronger attack whenever he wants and so on

Min-maxing for the win

I dunno it just feels like something in line with my worldbuilding