You can destroy the sunken economy in one of two ways, so which one are you choosing?

If it was 1/10 it wouldn’t be unique which would mean that it wouldn’t need to be better due to its natural rarity so you’d just be able to balance it at the same level as other common armours just put different stat distributions for the sake of making it a unique piece.

1/10 ON TOP BRO FINALLY I CAN GET MESELF A SUNKEN WARRIOR yipee

imagine sunken warrior being impossible to get for newgens while everyone else has that sunken armor?

maybe just wipe them lol

Exactly, just look at this thread! Most people vote 1/10, indicating tht they don’t have sunkens. Really fascinating microcosm of economy imo

i dont like how sunkens were easier to get for a long time anyway due to luck 5 (even if you cant do that anymore)
so just make them not be special whatsoever anymore

I voted 1/10 because I feel like having the best armor sets being locked behind two tedious mechanics is just sort of lame? I know they’re supposed to be grindy to get, but I’d want that grind to be fun or not have to shit my pants in fear every time I see one of those freakish Jellyfish model. I know Meta’s point of build diversity counteracts this, though; all it makes me want is for more build armor to be useful (i.e. not devoting 50% of its extra stats to a yellow tumor), although that’s for another thread.

Obviously they’re Sunken items, so like it or not, they have to be from water-based activities. I think people would like it if they came from Sealed Chests at a 1/3,000 (War Seas) or 1/2,000 (Dark Sea) rate if there was a more active way to get them, although I fear that might make their rarity factor sort of worthless.

Regarding the economic reasoning behind it, I have Sunkens, but I also have an item hoarding issue.

I vote 1/200k, even though I dont have sunkens

Most people dont appreciate the value of sunkens enough. Its sure as heck gonna make people appreciate sunken

And it will make people do cernyx more, as an altrenate to SW

Cernyx’s reputation was lost

1/200K effectively removes sunken iron and sunken warrior sets, as very few people will ever get them
1/10 effectively removes iron, steel, deluxe iron, titanium, ravenna centurion, cernyx, and possibly even argos sets, as there is a much easier to get and much better option.

1/10 not because I want to get sunkens, but because I wanna see all the AO tycoonmancer traders watch as their 100+ sunken collection all becomes as worthless as a summer day ant

the whole set or an single piece?

A single piece

rip cernyx :sob:

from my memory it’s the otherwise, are you mistaking something or am i too slow to catch up with economy

Nope, i’m sure that a single sw piece is worth much more than an acrimony

personally for me, i’m fine with either

when theres something revolving around trading, an economy will arise

counterpoint, make it 1/10 then have it nerfed

I’d go with 1/10, because 1/200k is pretty close to making sunkens a seasonal item and as much as I dislike seasonals for sucking the fun out of trading, it’s gonna be monumentally so much worse if seasonals existed that had actual use.

Also locking one of the better sets behind the most mentally bankrupt feature in the game is kind of rough so I’d take everyone running around with sunkens instead of forcing players to macro for months for a rare tier item.

4 Likes

Honestly I’d make them craftable eith sunken elements instead