Your thoughts on Deepwoken (sort of a rant as well)

agreed but it does tedious and hella repetitive tho

opposite for me tbh, the divers are dying on mass for a reason after their first month(s) and barely living to where akira is. i also like the vibe of fighting each other as mindless brutes like u do outside of the depths is a death sentence for both of u. regardless of your differences, i.e how the vibe early tundra had when no one knew anything about it cause it was kept secret.

many already die to mobs in depths mainly due to being many swarming, myself included but it can get underwhelming when literally nothing spawns and as u said the depths trials being easy. (i donā€™t cheese cause thats boring as hell even if itā€™s unreasonably hard)

Itā€™s part of the experience but I get what youā€™re talking about.

I love early Tundra, itā€™s borderline horror with the howlers and all

deepwoken is fine its just that arch mage cut out so much shit

i dont get how this guys fake leaks look cooler than the real game

Why tf did they hype of the sea so much :skull:
AO is gonna have a sea with features dw shouldā€™ve had lmaoo

Honestly they need to bring some of the shit back

Yeah itā€™s even worse at the fact that we literally learn about the lore from the devs on discord

Iā€™ve always seen Deepwoken as yet another hyper-toxic permadeath game. But with cooler building this time. And boats too I guess.

My problem with permadeath games is that they always, always attract toxic people like light does to moths.

fuck mystery i guess, fuck the devs giving absolutely no info

imagine i add permadeath to avian legends :skull:

yeah the soul points system works, maybe you can permanently die (go to level 1) but you have to be so bad at the game, also players cant wipe you

what if deepwoken used a stealth system like notoriety or entry point

considering I couldnā€™t beat the tutorial of entry point, that would be bad

3 Likes

Well done, you have made my stealth skills look good!

There is lots of lorr

but like imagine this (minus the fact that this is a run where you have to have a net gain of time, aka you earned more than you lost) in deepwoken to escape the depths, or even go deeper into the depths, it would be awesome!

For someone whoā€™s played for around 700 hours on this game. I can tell u why this game is very unbalanced.

If you donā€™t have a 700 HP build your dead. The average hp for the average build is around 400- 500 And you can one shot people I have literally tested a one shot with people yes you needed some luck but still it would do two bars of damage even without some of the multipliers. And The mantras are stupid doing the bar per hit. After freaking whoā€™s the masters flourish. And some enchants are just stupid good. I have a build that can do 200 damage In 4 hits. Thatā€™s just stupid and I have one of the best enchants on there.

The sea. As many people know itā€™s just a very bland and just takes forever to get places.

Pvp. Honestly itā€™s probably the best PVP Iā€™ve seen on Roblox Tho can Exploited. And the try Hards are very stupid. Also the talents can make it where doing something that usually benefits you can just screw you. Like getting posture broken after hitting someoneā€™s block like what. Iā€™m not even that bad at PVP Iā€™m pretty good at it. And I win a good amount of chimes. Also itā€™s too easy to span mantras. And they do too much damage.

Pve not the greatest I will not lie. You have to stand still most the time which I donā€™t like. And the bosses are not really the most fun. Especially Duke since Iā€™ve had to do it millions of times from my bell o speaking of bells.

Bells. Most of them are pretty balance The crazy slots and the new gravity bell arenā€™t . You can just trap people in Gravity bill and heal and crazy slots allows you to do a bunch of damage. Especially if you have a good enchant.

Adventure. thereā€™s many secrets itā€™s not like, rogue where exploration is a big thing because you go to like a couple islands during the game and thatā€™s all. Plus the overworld is just bland and boring.

Ping and bugs. Ping was a bigger issue during the start of the game since you couldnā€™t pick your server. Itā€™s slightly better now but this is literally the only game I get such a horrible lag and the bugs are horrible. There is so many times I have died to a bug I donā€™t even know if this might how many times. Especially if youā€™re in the Duke fight.

The depths. Itā€™s a fun place but very bland. People only come here to grind it( or rarely visonshaper)

Conclusion. Thatā€™s basically all itā€™s a game where you can have fun with friends but itā€™s very buggy and very unbalanced.

2 Likes

deepwoken is very hard to play with my usual 300ping so i didnt get into it

pros;

• design and music is cool
  • gameplay is actually skill based (SOMEWHAT)
  • strong left

cons;

• toxic community (literally almost got wiped by a power 60 when i was a freshie)
  • like i said before, very hard to play with high ping
  • as much as permadeath is one of the main points, permadeath is not very cool. especially a permdeath pvp game
  • oh wow no handholding!!! while i respect the developers dedication to that idea, the fact that im kinda encouraged to look up a deepwoken guide just to play is stupid. when i start playing, i should kind of know how the game works enough that i dont need to look at a wiki every 5mins

for real the no handholding is just an excuse

like, come on! they couldnā€™t at least make a map you could open up to see where islands are that youā€™ve explored, maybe also have directions on how to find islands that npcs told you about? thatā€™s not hand holding, thatā€™s basic game design

I swear, one of the reasons why 70% of level 60s havenā€™t seen some of the map (apart from wiping because bad talents) is because itā€™s out of the way and the void sea is scary enough to discourage exploring

like, a map that lets you see that some of it is not filled out would definitely encourage looking around, and then people may use the sea gate to the left of etris docks

shut the fuck up you probably got wiped fighting mudskippers (/j)
i am an avid deepwoken enjoyer

dude, the last time I died to them was in high ping inf comboā€™d like itā€™s aba.

my highest power to far is 40 because I touch grass.

my complaints are valid, like all of us

1 Like

You have a point

i could honestly pop out two power 60s rn but my main file canā€™t find akira and iā€™m not searching for that idiot and wait for a better way to uncap willpower

and the second file i have has a lot of loot that iā€™m too lazy to transfer over, while also needing depths bell progression and i donā€™t wanna fight 48 enforcers man

but most of the time i wipe myself by playing around at power 40-47 or wipe intentionally cause the build bores me which is 90% of the time usually

Theres 2 types of players
ā€œGame is too hardā€
ā€œI wipe my charaters because of boredomā€