Zelda Fanfic

Hello everyone, I have some very happy news to share. I have delivered.

… Wait, no, not like that. What I mean is, I have completed my half-year long project. If any of you are interested in The Legend of Zelda Franchise, particularly Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, this is the fic for you.

Page count: 64
Word count: 19k

(This was originally written in MS word and CTRL C + CTRL V’ed over to google docs, so the format may be a bit weird, but it shoouuulllddd be good)

As always with my works, feedback is welcome and appreciated. Or insults. Those work too.

5 Likes

I’m intrigued. Read the intro part, which hooked me. I’ll read the rest when I have time :+1:

1 Like

Gotcha, I appreciate it.

Ok so i read up to about the halfway point (You should probably put a page count). Gonna be honest, I was immersed.

The character’s personalities are faithful to the lore, and rarely did any diologue feel out of place. The imagery was splendid, as well as the descriptions of bodily movements, facial expressions, etc. I think there are only some instances where descriptions are a little too detailed for a single sentence.

What stood out to me the most was Links eagerness to talk. I think for the most part, it was a good balance of quiet and response; but some lines are a little too robust. I think he should still express his feelings, but with simpler sentences.

In terms of grammar (nitpicking I know), just a few punctuation errors. Nothing a good ol’ Quillbot can’t fix.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that too. I didn’t really intend to make him so talkative, but he kinda ended up that way. And this is after some editing trimmed down his lines. I think it’s in part due to him being “on screen” for so long, with the only other voice being Zelda’s inner monologue.

I also tried to have the characters’ language be as faithful as I could, keeping Link’s simple and to the point (as I figured he’d be), and Zelda’s a bit more… extravagant, I guess? Idk, I can definitely hear the Brit in her, though.

I’ve been told before I’m a bit of a “flowery” writer, so this is a natural tendency of mine. Whenever I write a sentence and I feel like it’s too short, I typically inflate it a bit with detail and the like. Issue is, sometimes I don’t really have anything to actually add, so it just ends up longer but no fuller.

That said, this is an advantage on college essays with a word count.

1 Like

Yeah really good work

1 Like

post it on ao3 image

Finished reading what you have so far. It was great! I am eagerly waiting for the next part :+1:

Thanks! No idea when that’ll be, tbh, as I’m thinking of working on something original next. We’ll see, though.

I can’t decide on what to do next. It’s either gonna be the Zelda fanfic or a more original work. The original one’s pretty tempting as I’ve never written a longer piece of my own work, and it’s be nice to incorporate my own worldbuilding.

But on the other hand, I just looked at Zelink stuff and am reminded why I really, really like Zelda and Link’s dynamic.

2 Likes

Your choice, I’m sure both will be good :+1:

SCREW IT I’M WRITING ZELDA STUFF AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME! RAAAHHHH!

(I just wasn’t a fan of the other concept I had. Plus, Zelink.)

2 Likes

Yeah baby :fire::fire::fire: