A rant on the ongoing rants, a rantception if you will

My personal standpoint

To me, it doesn’t matter how repetitive/grindy/stale, or however you want to say it, the game is as long as I enjoy playing it. And I still enjoy playing this one. You can call it a grindy underdeveloped mess, but I will own it and say that I enjoy playing the so called “grindy underdeveloped mess”.
Okay, that’s about it, now onto the meat and potatoes.

On the rants

The rants I would like to talk about are those that can be summarised to “I do not like the current state of the game for reason/s X, I would like more context added to the game/things fixed so I can continue to enjoy playing it”.
I think that is a valid standpoint, you may not like things and that is ok. That however cannot change reality, and the reality is that this update wasn’t supposed to be a major update, but it is rather an extra feature addition turned balancing and bugfixing update. It was not supposed to add many new features that would keep you occupied for a long time, and it didn’t do that.
I understand that you find issues within the game, and I think there is only one thing that will change its current state. That thing is time. Major updates bring features and fixes that you so much desire, and major updates take time. Many things are planned for the game and many things will be added onto the plan, but that takes time.
I think that the best way to act about the situation is to voice your concern concisely, leave suggestions for improvement if you have any and then take a break from the game. Continuous ranting, that to me sometimes appears as stubborn, does not solve the problem any better than this, and takes more effort.

TL;DR If you don’t like how the game is now, stop playing until it gets good enough for you to enjoy it again

An optimistic look at the future

My attitude towards problem tends to be optimistic whenever possible, so in this situation I ask of you to take a similar approach. Don’t get too worked up about something you don’t really have control over, such as update frequency. This game is one person’s passion project, and I think that person is taking the right approach by taking matters slowly and putting care into the features that get added, but it is still a person making the game, and people make mistakes.
I think the game will naturally improve as more features get added, with appropriate feedback from the community. It is still in the brewing stages, but when all the core features finally get added I think it will age like a fine wine, only getting better with time.

I haven’t made many topics, and I admit I made this one in a rush with the main goal of making it not sound like a gargantuan appeal to authority. If you have questions about my views and point, you know that you can ask them.

4 Likes

I love the game it’s fine, it’s just dumb on how we waited so long for the bosses not even spawn :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :sob: :sob:

I do respect that you like the game and see a future in it. However, how I see it is intentionally leaving parts of the game unfinished at the beginning and leaving everything at the end. Although yea there is content at the end, the tedious process of grinding and such will probably stay. Vetex typically just does his own thing without careful consideration from the community. This is a massive project and having no content is pretty much a yikes, alongside a developer who usually takes criticism badly.

You’re not wrong and I respect your opinion. I’m optimistic about WoM’s future as well. Keep in mind we’re not hating on the game in any way. We just want it to be the best it can possibly be. But ultimately, only time can fix that. Just like you said.

your entire argument is just “IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LEAVE” which makes no sense and i shouldent have to explain why

2 Likes

I’m fine with the game as it is just gotta wait for more content.

• There is no “intentionally leaving out parts of the game unfinished”, what does that even mean?
  • There will be content besides from at the end of the game, obviously. Refer to my quote below
  • I do take consideration from the community, read through every suggestion made since the last update and added ones I liked to the game immediately or to the Trello. If you don’t like how grindy the game is now, no one is forcing you to play it. As said in the quote below, wait a few months and check back when there are more updates if you don’t like how it is now
  • Not sure what you mean by takes criticism badly. If you’re referring to the constant “game bad” posts, that isn’t criticism. If the criticism is valid, I will accept it and take the advice given and add it to the game, however I haven’t seen many of these
  • Refer to this:
2 Likes

why did all of our messages get flaged

Because they were all off-topic.

vetex was typing so we talked about vetex what do you expect

To keep following the main purpose of this topic, and not act like a fanboy.

vetex by this he means like you insult people a lot i think that what he means.

I only insult people or have an attitude if they treat me like that first. I hate the expectation that developers or people with influence should always treat people perfectly even if they get treated like shit. The second they get treated that way back its “oh he’s an asshole!” lol, double standards

EDIT: if you aren’t contributing anything to the topic, stop replying

1 Like

if there’s issues with the game game then they should be addressed. vetex ain’t no pussy that can’t take criticism, i know that much.

didn’t even realize vetex responded to this lol

In my optimistic view on the future, if the development continues the way it has been going I think the new parts of the map and quest types that get added every major update should bring more content into the early game, and that takes time which is the main point of what I wanted to say.

Wow this got outta hand pretty fast… metaphorical popcorn here i come!

But on a serious note and more so on topic, I agree that people who rant about the game [ myself included ] should stay positive and remember that the game is still in early development and that making certain things seem worse than they are doesn’t help.

[ i get that i wasn’t adding anything the first time but removing my joke still kinda hurt vetex. :neutral_face: ]
Also you’ve already read through all of the suggestions?
Cries in “while my post wasn’t shut down like alot of others, it didn’t get a response either.”

Dang I got my opinion respected, nice.

It is more along the lines of good things take time, so for the game to get good it will obviously take time. If you think the game is not good and you don’t want to play, you don’t have to. Just check back later and see if it’s gotten good enough for you.

I honestly don’t really get the rants either, the game’s only been out for a couple months and its only had one major update, what’d these people expect? A completed game?
If they want to play from start to finish without having to stop at level caps below 5000 and gain access to everything… they should just wait until the game is done and do literally anything else until then, its not like they’re being forced to play WoM… (unless they are)

2 Likes

As of right now, rants aren’t the way to go. Naming it a rant itself gives it a negative connotation to it. Just make it like, “My thoughts,” and provide your honest opinion. I don’t think ranting would make people who you want to be convinced any more convinced.