A Replacement for Legendary Scales

A Replacement for Legendary Scales
effort 4.444444444444445 18 quality 4.368421052631579 19 reasonability 4.571428571428571 21

Explanation:

We all already know about the community outrage regarding recent changes involving legendary scales, luck 4 and 5 potions, and legendary fish.

I believe that the primary reason for this outrage lies heavily in how horribly unfun fishing is as a mechanic ontop of the fact that these changes are deleting countless hours of genuine grind for many players, as easy, unbalanced, and self replicating as it was.

I understand why these changes needed to happen before Nimbus sea dropped, but that doesn’t change that only about 3 people unironically enjoy the fishing in this game.

That is why I believe that the tier 2 luck reagent shouldn’t be obtained from legendary fish at all.

The Replacements:

For legendary fish, instead of giving legendary scales, they would give 10 golden scales.

“Tyche’s Will/Tears/Hope/ect” (Tyche is the greek god of success, fortune, luck, you get the idea)
A dark sea exclusive legendary harvestable that can be found brightly glowing in the water and on islands alike, it becomes less rare at further reaches and is a treasure that can be found at the epicenter in decent amount.

This would be an incredibly rare and difficult find that relies on a large amount of luck unless you are actually somehow able to reliably find the epicenter lol.
It would glow brightly enough to be borderline impossible to miss.

Tl;Dr :

Legendary scales removed, fuck fishing, replaced by rare dark sea harvestable found in the far reaches and the epicenter.

19 Likes

5 of the new reagent? bro are you good

Man, I honestly wish something like this existed with sunken elements or something
Anyways sounds like a decent re-placement to me

unless vetex makes legendary scales differently obtained because I don’t like fishing but at the same time fishing gives like all the good shit in-game :sob:

I’d love to see like golden-white eyes instead or something but yeah, decent suggestion

I was fishing today after a while because of luck potions being wiped and I was getting increasingly frustrated at it. I think one of the main reasons fishing is so horrible is the horrendously low time to react before the fish escapes. It’s supposed to be a “Relaxing” experience yet the moment I look away for a bit I miss something. What makes it even worse is that any amount of ping makes it literally impossible to actually reel the fish in before it escapes. What makes it EVEN worse is how fast legendary fish in particular escape. And that’s with luck 4. It would be so much more frustrating without luck potions. Nice suggestion though, although not sure how likely it is for vetex to change one of the reagents.

1 Like

(He isn’t)

leave it alone bro

no lol if I see something bad I’m going to make a suggestion to fix it.
fishing is extremely bad and I already tried to get have it fixed as a mechanic.

despite overwhelming community support, the suggestion appears to have been completely ignored.

regardless I am sick and tired of seeing every extremely valuable item locked behind this boring ass shit mechanic in a MAGICAL FIGHTING AND EXPLORATION GAME.
Why the HELL are the luck reagents locked behind COOKIE CLICKER.

3 Likes

agreed

what do you want to do to make fishing better

Like I said, I already made that suggestion ages ago and it was ignored.
I want less things tied to fishing anyways, it has too much.
Sunken items on their own is too much to give fishing.

I swear why do you defend the most stupid shit?

1 Like

so basically tartarus tears/tears of gaia but it can also be found on water. ok

and they also glow extremely brightly and are found in the epicenter and are also probably noticeably rarer than either of those yes.

oh and are useful.

1 Like

Limit to to being only on the epicenter. Trust me, this is an awesome idea.

2 Likes

Surely.

1 Like

yes please.
gutting luck was a very bad addition to the game, that it should have been added later when lost and ancient magic scrolls are added, to prevent them from being farmed with luck potions.
This suggestion will also allow for more incentive to explore the dark sea and the epicenter, because it’s way more fun than fishing, which bores me to tears.

3 Likes

bro tf did I defend I asked a question and agreed with you

if I wanted to defend stupid shit I would defend you

How do you classify this suggestion as stupid? gutting luck should have been done in the future than now, atleast.
Theoretical wants to make finding tier 2 luck reagents less of a grueling experience with this suggestion.

that’s what I’m saying where did I do that

If you act like a dumbass I will treat you like a dumbass.

4 Likes

You literally said it yourself lol.
Or maybe i misintepretared the message, either way…you are just acting dumb in all of theoretical’s suggestions, as if this was some sort of rivarly.

(at first I didn’t notice it was his bec I don’t really look at who makes the suggestion)