Absolutely horrifying idea for an atlantean sublass

You ever heard of this lil guy?
Now these little arthropods might look innocent, but never judge a book by its cover my friends, for this beige little freak is possibly one of the most alien and bizarre parasites on the planet.

The tongue eating louse is a notorious and extremely unusual case of parasite that enters the mouths of fish through their gills and literally eats the host’s tongue away, acting as a replacement and intentionally keeping the host alive so it can have shelter and safety, I’m not going to obviously show what that looks like because it’s pretty damn creepy, but you can probably imagine how that looks fairly well.

Now imagine this, but as a gimmick for atlanteans in deeper layers of the dark sea, possibly as like a rare variant of larger atlanteans that act as a second body, being able to cast smaller spells of its own inside of the host atlantean it occupies, and maybe even latching off the atlantean host to attack the player if the host is defeated.

Honestly I have no idea what prompted me to write this essay I just thought it’d be a really god damn cool idea, maybe you could even get a new type of weapon drop if you defeat an atlantean tongue louse or something.

11 Likes

what please no i hate this no what

Atlantean 2 for 1 special! yippee!

1 Like

What prompted this psychopathy

Good god if it mutates to adapt to people we have a problem

Also, I am quite scared if it throws a dagger or something while the big atlantean is doing a high endlag attack

Wait… does this mean doubled essence rates :money_mouth_face:

I mean, why not?

you’re not gonna encounter “infested” atlanteans until like range 2-3 so fuck yea let’s make the rewards even higher to match the risk

download (3).PNG

no, thats the exterminator

I am going to make this thing feel as much pain as possible

This is something

you should make a suggestion with a list of atlantean types like this this is fire

Also make it so that if you get infected by these you cant talk

wait how does it taste like?
and how do i cook it?

I cannot even comment this shit, it’s just doesn’t fits this game.

might as well add the facehuggers and xenomorphs while you’re at it

I’m… failing to see how adding a parasite that literally lives in the mouths of fish… doesn’t fit the dark sea?

The dark sea is a horrifyingly mutated wasteland that has contorted and warped life trapped within it into disgusting abominations that resemble what were once regular fauna from the deep blue, why would this be any different from that rule? Like it would be so badass to see some kind of snow/earth/crystal imbued parasite crawl out of an atlantean you just defeated and it maybe tries to latch onto you and you can kill it/shake it off using AoE moves like self explosion, smash, and shining cycle or something

This kinda makes me feel like you’re trying way too hard to be unique with your opinion. :fr:

Inspiration for atlantean’s visuals, aka those abominations, came up from Pirates of the Caribbean
And everything else, like: sirens, dragons, goliaths and etc. came up from either Greek mythology or medieval tales. And I don’t see how random edgy parasite from real life should end up in this company of monsters. Following up your logic we can just add covid-19 to the Dark Sea, like a mysterious illness lol.

…you know like… most creatures from mythology are all inspired from real life right?

also pirates of the caribbean has SO MUCH body horror and parasite looking infectious shit in it LMFAO what are you actually yapping about :sob:

also this point makes :clap: ZERO FUCKING SENSE :clap: because the “edgy parasite” comes literally from the ocean whereas COVID was probably made in a lab in china :skull:

NEVER cook again :speaking_head: