Abyss Sea - Walter Marshall's Journals

Some days before, I have finally joined the Abyss Sea community, and I like this universe. I have even created my own character there. And because of me being a great cook, I decided to write journals for him. To understand what is going on, better to visit Abyss Sea trello and check my character’s card.

2 Likes

Walter Marshall’s Journal

Chapter 1: Torn out of reality

Part 1, Day 1. The… awakening?

(From the crack in reality, a man in titanium armor falls on the beach of Dawn island)

Knight: What… Where am I? I was at Forest of Cernunno a moment ago, why am I on Dawn?

Mage: Wait, who is it speaking?

Knight: Huh? That purple mushroom stew I ate a hour ago seems to have effect on me now…

Warlord: Who are these two voices in my head? Why am I on Dawn island? AND WHY CAN’T I MOVE A SINGLE PART OF MY BODY?!

Mage: I can’t move either… Wait, why do I have armor on me? Where are my robes?

Knight: Seems this isn’t because of the stew. Who are you two and what have you forgotten in my head?

Mage and Warlord: My name is Walter Marshall!

Knight: Weird. Thats my name too. Have my mind splitted into three personalities or something?

Mage: I don’t think so. There is something else. And still, why neither I nor that other voice can move?

Warlord: Hold on, this isn’t my body. Whose body is it then?

Knight: This is my body. I can move it as usual (rises from the ground). Does this proof that I am the real one among us three and you two are fake?

Mage: No, wait! We might all be real. Have you two also seen something weird before getting to the Dawn island?

Knight and Warlord: It was like the very reality shatters. We didn’t even have time to realise what happened.

Mage: I see, then. I think all three of us is the same person, but from different realities. This is why we share one body, one name, and one voice.

Warlord: But wait? Does that mean all our past, memories and skills are also the same?

Knight: I think no. Different realities might have same people live different lives. After all, based on what I have heard from you two, I am the only one wearing armor.

Mage: Alright, one mystery is solved. Now there more remains: What is this reality? How did we all get here? Are we now stuck forever inside this armored me’s head? And what has happened to my ship in my reality?

Knight: I think we can’t answer second and fourth questions. But first and third ones are possible to answer.

Warlord: Wait, what is this handle pointing out from your back, armored me?

(Knight’s eyes move to a wooden handle next to his face)

Knight: Oh, this is my favourite weapon, the Greataxe. Can’t count how many times I held it in the middle of battle.

Mage: This thing looks exactly like my greataxe. Undoubtly. Even though I used it mostly as a pickaxe.

Warlord: So we all share the same weapon? Interesting. But now its presence feels much different. Something is wrong with this greataxe.

Knight: I agree. Feels like I can enter it like an open door.

(Knight concentrates, and familiar feeling of going through a reality crack comes back)

Mage: Oh, my robes are back. And I can move! This is my body now!

Knight: Nice clothing. And now I can’t move a single limb. I guess now you are Walter Marshall in this reality.

Warlord: Huh, so there can only be one of the same person in a time? Makes sense. Also, isn’t the greataxe changed a bit?

Knight: No. It is in exact same state as it was when I held it. Wait, other me, can you stick it into the ground, put some seaweed on it and concentrate like I did?

Mage: Let me try.

(Mage slams the greataxe into the ground, covers it in seaweed and concentates)

Knight: Nice, my body is back. And the seaweed is still on top of our weapon.

Warlord: So just like we did, our greataxes also fused in one? Can I get into my body too, then?

(Knight concentrates again, this time directly going in the direction of the third voice)

Warlord: Ah yes, my clothing. Guess we can switch between our bodies whenever we please, if only the Greataxe was near us.

Mage: Alright, another mystery solved. Guess we can stay on this island for some time while we-

(A loud roar is heard from the shore)

Warlord: What was it?

Mage and Knight: Are you asking us? It is your body, go and check it yourself!

1 Like

Part 2. Day 1. Unexpected guest.

(Warlord walks to the shoreline on the other side of the island)

Warlord: We are here. The sound came from this place.

Mage: I remember there is a cave here, maybe you check it out?

(Warlord goes into the cave and sees something dark and wet in the corner. Smell of rotten fish and seaweed is in the air)

Warlord: What… is this? Wait a second, is that an Atlantean? I thought they never leave Dark Sea.

Knight: Maybe this one has followed someone’s ship? They can swim for a very long time, you know? They are fish after all.

Mage: Look at its arm. Its bleeding! So this Atlantean is just hiding there to heal its wounds.

Knight: Maybe we just left it here? This one is just a Mutated Atlantean, nothing dangerous-

(The Atlantean turns its anglerfish head towards the Warlord. In the next second, it lunges in despair to him, as it knew Warlord came here to finish it off)

Warlord: Ohh! Didn’t expect that. Anyway, it is too weakened to fight, and I am a tough guy, let me just finish this creature’s suffering with my fists.

Mage: You got a wound from this thing. Does it hurt?

Warlord: I got countless wounds before, this one is nothing. Sadly it made a hole in my shirt, I will repair it later.

Mage: Fine, now we must decide what will we do. We are stranged in different reality, without our ships, and are merged together into one being.

Knight: First thing we can do is to name us. All three of us are named Walter Marshall, we need personal ones.

Warlord: Armored me, nerdy me, cooler me?

Mage: No, not these three. Maybe we will name ourselves based on what we can?

Knight: Well, I am skilled in diving, brewing, exploring…

Mage: No, I mean, our classes. I use two magics and nothing else, except for our Greataxe, but only as a mining tool. I am a Mage-class.

Warlord: Alright, Mage. I can fight with weapon and without weapon. And I used to use Wind magic before, but I can’t anymore. So I am a Warlord-class?

Knight: Yes you are. And Mage, what are your magics?

Mage: Water and Glass. And what is your class, armored me?

Knight: The outlook tells you the answer.
I use weapons and I am very tough. I must be Knight-class. Also, I have heard about mysterious things called Spirit weapons, that only those like me can control at cost of their health. I don’t know anything about this, so my powers are only limited to weapons usage for now, sorry guys for me being that weak.

Mage: Don’t worry. Me and Warlord will handle the powerful part of our trio. Your immense durability will make us the way out of many troubles, I know that.

Warlord: Night time is coming. I suggest us to walk out of this cave, place a camp on a hill and wait a night before setting out to wherever we decide.

Knight: Nice idea, but how will we set out to anywhere if we don’t have our ships? I don’t need to breathe underwater though, I could walk on the seafloor between islands, I done that countless times before.

Mage: I have this ability too, though sharks are too dangerous for me.

Warlord: Same for me, but unlike you, I can fight them off.

Knight: So our travelling way will be me walking on the seafloor? Great. Now let’s rest. Warlord, can you cook us something?

Warlord: Sure. Maybe mushroom sandwiches? With giant greencaps, those are the tastiest. And I guess among us three only the owner of current body needs to eat.

(Walters ate well and went to sleep. But before falling asleep, each had his own thoughts on this day)

1 Like

Part 3.1, Day 1. First thoughts - Knight.

If someone said me that I will someday be brought into other reality and mixed up with two other versions of me, I would advise them to not eat purple-colored mushrooms next time. But now, I feel disorientated. Luckly each of us Walters can have their own thoughts that others me can’t hear.

I don’t know what to expect here, I don’t know what will be with us, I don’t know anything about this reality. All I hope is that it won’t be much different from mine. The thing that bothers me the most now is why I was the owner of our first body? Why me? Was there just a 1/3 chance or something in me affected this? I hope I will find the answers.

Alright, time to sleep. Next day I will have to swim a lot. Maybe my body will be our main one, since I am the most durable? Huh, that would make me feel like I am the leader. Kinda nice feeling. Hope Warlord and Mage won’t mind me being our leader.

1 Like

Part 3.2, Day 1. First thoughts - Mage.

The idea of other realities had come to my mind before, but actually getting into one of them was unexpected. Luckly I am not alone here, my other selves will protect me. And I guess I was the luckiest of us, as I was the only one born with magic. Ah yes, Warlord mentioned he had Wind magic before, but since he lost it that doesn’t count.

I don’t know about other two of us, but my Warding and Insanity gear is acting different here. It is like it lost all its stability. Hope this won’t affect me much, as long as it functions as normal.

Maybe we get some food with us before setting off tomorrow? We have some with us from our realities, but who knows what can go wrong? Better to always have some with us. Water would not be a problem if I used any other Water magic. But my one is Abyss water, its not drinkable. At least looks cool.

1 Like

Part 3.3, Day 1. First thoughts - Warlord.
It! Is! Awesome! I got so bored sailing and fighting in my reality, and now my life gives me something new. I don’t care what awaits us here, this will be cool anyway. And if it won’t, it will say sorry to my fists, haha.

Speaking of fists, I see my selves are lacking skill in martial arts. Its not that hard, just punch someone as hard as you can. What can be better than this? Learning some specific fighting styles? Nah we’re not doing it! By the way, I like Knight’s weapons choice, shield and greataxe, just like me. Though third weapon we wield is different, Knight got a simple MACE instead of a pair of GUNS, what a weirdo. Maybe he is lacking aim or something?

That Atlantean I encountered was really weird. Who could give it such a wound? Looks like it was a shark, but the bite is slightly different. But it is dead now, so who cares? Now I only need to heal the wound I got from its claw. Ahh, it bleeds a lot. Hope after this night I will get better.

1 Like

Part 4, Day 2. Steps into Unknown.

(Sun rises. It is time to move from Dawn island. Warlord wakes up)

Warlord: Ah, not a brig’s bed, but still perfect to have a good rest. I like sleeping in a tent.

Knight: Good morning brothers, if I can even call you like that.

Warlord: Sure, still better than “other selves”.

Knight: Now we pack our tent and go out. We need to find someone to treat your wound, Warlord. Or at least explore what is the difference between this reality and ours.

Warlord: Nah, I don’t need any treatment. I am you after all, have you ever said yes to it?

Knight: True. Wait, aren’t we missing someone?

Warlord: Mage is still sleeping? So each of us can wake up in different time from others?

Knight: Well, yes. And no of us can’t wake up the other. Thats why I had to wait an HOUR before you awaken.

Warlord: Oh, that must’ve been very boring.

Knight: Yes it was. I couldn’t even open your eyes. Somehow I went to sleep again while waiting, so don’t worry.

Mage: Oh, hello guys!

Warlord: And the third one is finally here.
Now we can go.

Knight: Yes. And Warlord, can’t you give me my body back?

(Warlord concentrates on the Greataxe. Knight takes the control)

Knight: Well, where are we going?

Mage: Redwake, I guess. It is close to us, sea there isn’t deep and people are friendly. Looks like a perfect place to start from.

Knight: Then get ready. I submerge into the water.

Mage: Strange. I saw no ships around here. No pirates, no merchants, no Grand Navy. Where are they?

Warlord: Weather seems fine. This must be a nice time to set sail. This is really strange.

Knight: Reaching the sea bottom. Brothers, look for any sharks on my way. If we spot them earlier, we could fight them off more effectively.

Mage: See one… or wait, is this even a shark?

Warlord: What are you tal… OH SHIT! WHAT IS THIS THING?

(A long, slim shark-like creature swims right to the Knight. It looks like a mix of a shark and an eel. Multiple spikes are covering its body. Its teeth are covered in something that forms a trail behind it)

Knight: There is no time for that. I will just defend ourselves!

(The shark approaches Walter at full speed. Knight raises his shield, and the shark rams it, breaking some of its teeth. It then takes another try, but with a swing of greataxe it repels. It looks for a weak spot, but Knight’s armor can’t fail its owner. Knight readies his mace and slams it down, but the shark is out of the range)

Knight: Once I will be off guard, it will strike us! I can’t walk to Redwake while constantly be ready to defend!

Mage: Leave it to me! I doubt magic will be less effective than weapons against this… thing.

Warlord: Are you crazy? You don’t even have a shield! Let me at it, Knight!

(Knight concentrates. Warlord takes his place)

Warlord: And now we talk. Come here, sushi!

(Shark sees that its target has become something different. It is confused, but still ready to lunge onto the Warlord. But, it senses the blood coming from Warlord’s wound, and now knows where to strike. First try - shield stops it. Second try - serrared teeth pierce Warlord’s body. But little do the shark know, Warlord had a pair of flintlocks. Not so effective underwater, but on this distance the chance of miss equals zero)

Mage: Are you OK? Does it hurt much? Feeling ill?

Warlord: Fuck off, Im fine!

Knight: You are not fine. Give me my body back, we must bring you to safety!

Warlord: Here you go.

Knight: I see more sharks. These are normal ones, thankfully.

Mage: Alright, just slam them down and swim to Redwake, we have lost a plenty of time here.

Knight: And done. Redwake is a few hundred meters east. I can now even see the sea bottom rising up. We’re entering the Jaws!

Warlord: Guys, I don’t feel alright, even when Im outside of my body.

Mage: Knight, hurry up! We must find someone in Redwake who can help us!

Knight: Oh. Just… Look… There…

(All Walters look where Knight points to. Redwake is in ruins. No living soul is seen around, acidic fumes are in the air, and dark silhouettes are seen on the ships around the docks. Something terrible has happened)

1 Like

Part 5, Day 2. Horrible reality, bloodthirsty Sharks.

(Knight approaches the docks. His hands are holding the weapons, he is ready to defend himself)

Warlord: I see someone over there. I doubt it is a human.

Mage: Atlantean. We all saw many of them, there can be no mistake. But what are Atlanteans doing here? Did they destroy Redwake?

Knight: We need to check every corner here, someone might have survived whatever had happened.

Mage: But this Atlantean is on our way, can’t you get rid of it?

(Knight slams his mace on the Atlantean. The beast turns around, and everyone sees that it is very shark-like. It opens its jaws to bite the Knight)

Mage: Shields up!

Knight: Even White Eyes can’t break my shield, no need to worry.

Warlord: Alright, finish this thing already!

(Head of the beast falls on the docks. Knight hears multiple creatures approach the fallen Atlantean)

Knight: They are all sharks. Just what is going on here?

Mage: No idea. All I know is that sharks sense blood miles away.

(The crowd ate the killed Atlantean and then turned to Walter)

Mage: Let me handle it.

Warlord: Mage, be careful!

(Mage casts power aura and Ultimate art blasts. Full row of Atlanteans is gone)

Warlord: Well, that was pretty quick. Even I would barely do it faster.

Mage: Quick, until more will come, we need to hide somewhere.

Knight: This won’t help us. You are covered in blood.

Warlord: Come on, he is Water mage. He cleans himself in seconds!

(Mage uses his magic on himself. Now there is no blood on him to sense)

Knight: Look, the Red Fin tavern! Maybe there is someone hiding upstairs in the living rooms?

Warlord: This is risky. I will go.

Mage: With your wound? When there are shark Atlanteans? Are you sure?

Warlord: Just… Let me appear.

Knight: Uhh, alright?.. Mage, give him his body.

(Warlord takes the place. He walks to the mirror in the Red Fin)

Mage: Oh… Warlord…

(Scales were covering Warlord’s skin. Sharp, octopus-like beak took the place of his mouth. His skin became greenish)

Knight: You… are transforming into one of those beasts!

Warlord: I guess that shark-eel thing’s bite did it. And now I think we know what had happened with Redwake.

Mage: Well, to sum up, everyone was turned into Atlanteans. But why sharks?

Knight: Ironic. The Chief held shark hunting here.

Warlord: So, Atlanteans of this universe can infect people? Brothers, I don’t want to become one of them!

Knight: Don’t worry, two are stronger than one. We will keep you sane, even at cost of our own sanity!

Mage: Apparently, no one is in the tavern. Let’s get out of here and to the Shark Hall. It is the most secured place in all the Jaws.

Knight: I think I need to go there, Warlord.

Warlord: Im not, feeling, great… Let me sleep a bit.

Mage: Alright, now only two of us. To the Shark Hall!

(Knight enters the Hall. He sees what is left after a slaughter. Shark teeth are covering the floor. Human carcasses are lying in the corner, and a few Atlanteans stare at the Knight)

Mage: They look agressive, but they don’t look ready to attack. What is wrong with them?

Knight: I don’t know. Or wait, do they sense Warlord in my head?

Mage: Ah yes, they wouldn’t attack an Atlantean unless it is too weak to fight back.

(Finally, one of the Atlanteans lunges at the Knight. With one greataxe slam, Knight ends his life. Others retreat, they see Knight as a stronger being)

Mage: Warlord, I think your presence will help us to mix into Atlantean crowds.

Warlord: Im not, ugh, happy to hear… that…

Knight: Hear me, Warlord. Everything will be alright! You won’t lose your mind with our power!

Mage: Hey Knight, look, isn’t this the Lord Orgumleidi’s greataxe embedded in the floor? Looks great. Sadly we have ours already.

Knight: Or wait, can’t we…

(Knight pulls out Orgumleidi’s greataxe and puts it on top of his own greataxe. Blast of spirit energy, and only Lord’s greataxe remains)

Mage: Did you just fuse them together?

Knight: I think yes. Now, can we still switch bodies?

Mage: Oh, I see we still can! I am here, and I am going into Northern Jaws, away from this dying place!

Knight: Watch out! There is an Atlantean horde outside, clear the way!

Mage: Have you ever read spell scrolls? Look what can be if you did!

(Mage surges the horde out and Walters escape to the Northern Jaws, in search of bandit camp that may still have living people, or at least they hope so)

1 Like
1 Like