Add your own ideas you have for islands in AO here

Since AO is going to be just islands and oceans, post your ideas for possible islands here!

They can be anything, from large, populated city islands, to dangerous, magic infused ones, maybe even mysterious islands that rarely appear or artificially created islands!

Well, go wild, I wanna hear your ideas

a island made completely out of magic

Angry Magicus in the background

I have an idea for an abandoned castle island called Wailsbern (I’m bad at names ok) littered with glass shards and toppled equipment along with other things like broken mirrors, windows, broken doors, and (maybe removed) rather recent blood stains that likewise came from one person. It would either be completely abandoned or maybe a hangout spot for hostile npcs. It would be littered with chests and such.

4 Likes

Ok ngl that sounds super fun to raid and destroy

Anyone wanna hear my idea?

I somewhat added some lore to it too

Glass magic wizards should be more common there

Yea that would be cool

Yes, that sounds amazing.

But essentially 2 centuries ago the king of it was the owner of the glass curse, and his curse made him go insane, causing him to kill 60% of his kingdom and almost all of his family. He had crushed many of the windows and mirrors of the place using the curse. The early version of the grand navy had been called there and locked the king in his own vault. Eventually 3 years in the vault he couldn’t find his way out and decided to kill him self.

It should be like really mysterious and haunted, maybe it appears rarely in fog randomly?

It’d be cool if uh
there was a Carnival-Themed Island

It wouldn’t have hostile npcs aside from a couple of themed mooks if Big V wants there to be any
and kinda works more like a regular town
where you can buy a few things and talk to the locals

a few unique shops could be;

• An instrument shop where you can get stuff like the 4 string banjo
  • If Vetex does add the whole food and hunger meter thing to AO this could be a place where you can get said foods through food stalls found around the island
  • a cosmetics store?
  • Maybe like a uh Circus tent where you can play minigames?

Sorry I’m running out of ideas

3 Likes

The remaining 40% evacuated with the help of the remaining children of the king plus some merchants and sailors there

Ok here’s mone:

the lost island of fortune

An extremely rare chance of spawning in servers, the lost island of fortune or for short “TILOF” is an extremely large, Beautiful, chest littered island with a massive city made entirely of gold, or gold looking objects, and stones, surrounded by a dense jungle.

TILOF’s chests all contain excess amounts of gold, more than tnn at of a normal chest, by roughly 10 galleons extra, making the place good for chest farming.

Also, metal dark wizards, rosegold and pure gold, spawn more frequently there, and have higher chances of dropping loot.

lore and inspiration

TILOF is based on el Dorado, an ancient city that supposedly exists in the harsh and dense jungle of south America, however, many have tried to look for this amazing city, and none have found it, which explains its rarity.

In AO, this strange island is believed to just be a silly story among families in the war seas, yet, there are some explorers, like the player, who may be lucky, and actually find this place…

3 Likes

An artificial island made from the corpse of some dead giant.

If it’s from a vastus or vastus hybrid how much vastus blood would they have to be medium island size

The Sea of Rust, an island ravaged by metal and wind. Coincidentally where Hephaestus threw away his failed machinery. The extreme conditions make it unwise to stay long. With flying scraps of metal being flung around by harsh winds. You won’t want to get caught in a storm.

The Jungle/ The Mossy Labyrinth- A spiral shaped island with a complicated maze in the middle rising up in a steady incline like a slow stairway. Affected primarily by Earth and Water, it’s constant erosion and wet terrain leads to a very unstable ground where the trees and plants aren’t rooted. Due to nature’s extreme resilience here. The wildlife is so strong it can’t be moved or destroyed. Or at least, too much effort to. At the center is a huge trove of chests with a good view of the island and beyond. As a reward for making it to the center.

2 Likes

A small island like this with an old hermit that tells you random stories

1 Like

anybody else remember this
not actually an idea i want in the game i just remembered it existed for a while lol