ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter XI: Vaporizing

Writer's Notes

not sure if any of yall noticed but chapter 11’s naming is just

• simmering
  • boiling
  • vaporizing

feel free take a wild guess on chapter 12’s naming theme lol (it’s gonna be out at March 1st)

tbh I’m really nervous (as in ‘i haven’t experienced this point before’) about ending story simulation.
yeah i believe there’d be some loose/awkward ends, but i hope to bring together at least a decent ending for this.
after I’m done with story simulation, i might consider making a poll on which storyline in ‘average day in magius’ verse to continue

Thumbnail/Bonus art

It won’t be long until my duty’s done, by this point.
Oh, wait. I haven’t introduced myself, right?
I’ve been existing and assimilating my way into this storyteller spot for a few chapters, I believe?
Hmm… I don’t want to stall my time here too much.
Let’s wrap up this chapter together.

Kat invited Rael to join her in finding the truth of their blood family, but he had another plan, as he loosened the hug with Kat, and answered her, “I’m joining you.”
           “Alright, let’s end this then!” she answered, and jumped down from Rael’s hovering platform right away. Rael didn’t know what was up with her sudden glee, but he was happy for her.
           He dropped his hovering platform, and saw Kat doing a few hand gestures at the fight—while hovering on her own platform. The fire wizard noticed the signals, and froze. As they were about to say something to Kat, the shadow wizard dragged them away, disappearing into the dark shadows of the canyon. Kat waved at both wizards as they departed.

Aurielle, Jean, and Exiled watched as Kat drove those two wizards away from them, though everyone remained on guard—especially Jean, whom Rael just noticed the blood trailing down her face right now.
           “I’m b—Are you okay?” Rael asked, approaching her. “You’re bleeding…”
           “Oh, yeah, but…” Jean wiped them with her hood and glared at Kat, who stood behind Rael. “How’d you get her back?”
           Rael just noticed Kat standing behind him, and firmly grabbed her shoulder. “It’s… some family stuff. But hey, she’s coming with us, right?”
           “You’re the one coming wi—”’ Kat was about to argue with Rael on that, but after a moment of silence, she replied to Jean, “Yeah. I’m coming with you all.”
           Jean’s suspicions remained in her glare, and she turned to Aurielle to whisper some stuff, inviting Rael to join in. He leaned into towards the two, and heard something about stopping at a place, and getting more information from Kat.
           “Where are we bringing her to?” Rael joined in, as Kat and Exiled remained behind the trio.
           Aurielle turned to Rael. “You said family stuff, right? We could bring her to your village over there, or head back to Summer Hold, and tell David about the whole lost magic thing.”
           “Lost magic?”
           "Mhm. Assuming there’s only one Frostmetal Magic scroll over there, she’s the one who got it.”
           Rael stopped, as he just realized the name of Kat’s new magic, and that her frozen iron magic was actually a lost magic. He touched his neck while listening to Aurielle, as it still remained cold from being strangled earlier.
           “Summer Hold’s pretty far away, and since we took an entire evening here… It might be better to heal at Dezlea Town over there.”
           As the three continued to discuss where to head next, they occasionally looked at Kat to see if she had already run away—she hadn’t. She’s just watching the three along with the Exiled.
           “Now that I think about it… Let’s just get up from here,” Aurielle said, as she used her spells to get back onto the cliff, followed by Rael and Kat, and Jean who also brought the Exiled above with her magic platform.
           Once Rael got to the surface, he looked up for the stars and looked for his hometown’s location. Both Doom Village and Summer Hold were placed somewhere far away than his eyes could see, but as he looked towards Dezlea’s town direction, he noticed some trails of destruction scattered in the sand, leading to a town.
           “We could turn her in if we’re heading there. Not sure if the townspeople would feel safe with her being back there though—plus the Silent Tower’s people might want to talk to her too.”

The rest of the night will be spent on this poll’s final result—where would Rael suggest to go?
  • Dezlea Town (the closest destination)
  • Doom Village
  • Silent Tower
  • Summer Hold (the furthest destination)

0 voters

4 Likes

A dim: I’m air

1 Like

only a bozo would try to make it to Summer Hold

1 Like

also what happened to your pfp

a whole glow down

let’s all turn the protagonists into boiled eggs

boiled rael

Narrator’s Kitchen

the Rael is raw