Adjusting the gear/enchant scaling for other stats aside from Power and Defense

Currently, all enchantments are scaled for Level 5k linearly, but a major problem with this is that enchantments aside from Strong and Hard make almost 0 impact until high levels.

Here’s an example with a full Bursting set with magic size gear at level 60.
This is before:

This is after:

The difference is hardly noticeable, even with 105 Magic Size. At level 60 with a FULL set, I should at least get a somewhat impactful upgrade for my effort in getting all this gear with the same enchants. The current system literally punishes low level players for getting enchantments that are not Strong or Hard.

This might be easier said than done, but a solution to this issue would be to change the scaling for gear on these stats to be a curve with gradually diminishing returns rather than a straight linear scale to 5k. This would make early levels be able to see an actual impact in upgrades quicker for stats other than Power and Defense if they built into it. This also would have no effect on the final level cap, since the curve would result in ending at the same point.

Possible equations and graphs here:

Big brain man strikes again with his great intellect, but fr tho a small buff would help :pray: :pray:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

this will be great in my opinion, it should be looked into more.

2 Likes

agreed, mans got the largest brain fr fr

waited 15 days to make this reply

I don’t think this is the best way of solving the problem - it’s a surface level fix that leaves a couple problems unsolved:

• Power and Defence are good because they’re a constant multiplier relative to your base stats. At level 50 or 5,000, a full set of power enchants is a 1.6x damage multiplier (or it will be once damage is fixed) - logarithmic scaling isn’t going to make the same true for the other 6 stats.
  • Regardless of how you implement this, it’ll end up confusing:
    • If you’re scaling gear’s stat numbers, you’re making non-power/defence equipment look vastly better at lower levels, as magic size items will provide +100 while power items are sitting at +20.
    • If you’re scaling the actual impact of the stat points, it’ll be near impossible to know what effect your stats have without using a calculator.
      • This would also mean you could near-max any given stat at high levels with a single accessory.

The main problem is the first one. While this’d patch the other stats being completely unnoticable at low levels, it wouldn’t patch them being useless.

Full Magic Size enchanted sets will be able to provide +20% magic size at level 160, and won’t reach +50% until 750. Practical stats like casting and magic speed are even worse - going at level 160 it’ll be a mere +10%.
At our current level, we’d be going from +1.5% on our Agility sets to +10%. Big change, but still no impact.

Going for these stats at sub 1k levels is going to be disappointing no matter how steep your curve is, and considering how fast the level cap’s going up, I’m not sure I want to wait until 2022 before I can feel something tangible from a destruction set.

The ultimate issue is that Power and Defense scale at the exact same rate as you level, whereas the other stats don’t, because they don’t have a base to scale with.
Possibly entering new suggestion territory, but honestly the only fix I see working is to just remove scaling for those stats entirely. Bursting enchant provides a flat +% Magic Size, at all levels - same case with items that provide these stats. To keep levelling these items relevant, you’d give them a secondary effect - all magic size items also provide +defence, or +power (though less than a pure defense/power item), which does scale with level.

7 Likes

This was recently added to adjustments

3 Likes

Now planned.