Air Dodges from Create a Magic

Some features from Create a Magic can definitely return and make an appearance in Arcane Odyssey. Air dodges are so fun and could really work in combat.

Function

You’ll be able to double tap wasd in the air to do an air dodge. You’ll also be able to do a flip if you press t mid air just like in CaM. You will suffer minimal end-lag and can be a great mix-up to dodging. You can also cancel the distance with any spell. This gives a ton of new options to the player and feel less restrictive in the air.

Adjustments

• You can only use one in the air of any kind. In CaM, they’re really busted due to being able to spam them.
  • They’ll be slower and travel less distance. This is so you can’t abuse their speed and can’t ever be caught. You should have some leniency to hit people that air dodge. This gives magic dodges more function too.
  • Perhaps a tiny bit more start-up. Just enough where you can just tell that they’re gonna start doing an air-dodge. Probably slightly faster than high jumps by a decent percent.

Magic Dodges Situation

Magic dodges are actually currently planned. They should work similar to how they are in CaM but be faster and travel further distances. I think a small issue I have with them as well is you’re locked to having them be in a specific way (left, right, etc.) and also will be affected by cooldowns. Some adjustments might need to happen.

After getting tester you need to become one of vetex’s friends because test ui is friends only. You also have access to online fighting does that mean you have access to fairy tail game made by vetex?

Hey man, use my funny air dodging video :trollhd:

1 Like

I think it honestly depends on whether magic dodge options can be made omnidirectional rather than in a set direction, but in the case that it can only 100% guaranteed be able to made in one direction and plans don’t change in the future then yes I’d support a physical air dodge as long as magic air dodges have their advantages.

1 Like

Hell yeah! Been wondering if we’d ever hear about this one!

needed a good amount of time to rethink how this can be made into ao

Air Dodges.

Pog.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.