Allow Magic and Fighting Styles To Be On One Key/slot

Allow Magic and Fighting Styles To Be On One Key/slot
effort 4.0 2 quality 4.5 2 reasonability 4.25 4

When you awaken as a warlock, you get the option to put both fighting style moves and magic moves in one slot. How? Basically when you go over to the “strength” category and click on your combat style, there would be a button between the text that gives the combat style description and the text titled created techniques. The button would say “standard.” However, when you click on the button, it would turn into “imbuments.” There, you can create new skills, which are separate for the “standard” option. Basically this lets you have another moveset. When you click to create a new skill, it will show all the options for the skills you can create (this includes both fighting style skills and magic skills). After creation, these skills would be accessible when you imbue your magic onto your fighting style as the “imbuement” option. If you choose not to imbue your magic onto your fighting style, it will have the skills from the “standard” option. You can swap between these two movesets with the H key.

In a nutshell:

• If my magic is imbued onto my fighting style, my fighting style will get a moveset that allows me to have both magic skills and fighting style skills on that.
  • If my magic is not imbued onto my fighting style, my fighting style will get a moveset that allows me to have only fighting style skills on it.

Reason to add/change

• Quality of life (I find it painful to having to switch between keys 1-3 if I want to use my magic move then switch to my fighting style move. Adding this would fix that. Also works as a small warlock buff since everyone says warlock sucks).
  • Allows for name customization for imbuments.

(Something similar is planned for weapons, this is just for fighting styles since its not planned for them).

7 Likes

For example, I could have this skillset for my fighting style if its imbued:
Q - Magic Blast
E - Crash
R - Self Explosion
F - Rush
C - Shot
Z - Mode

This would greatly help lower the stress on my fingers as well as make sure I don’t accidentally unequip my things in order to switch to magic.

By the way, sorry I can’t do images for reference since I don’t know how to edit pictures.

1 Like

Sounds like a cool suggestion. I’d appreciate something similar for pure builds as well if possible.
And this is a really nice spot to put imbuement name customization like the ability to change synonyms or even completely changing the move entirely.
I have some questions:

• How will this work with lost spells/techniques? (Maybe you can only add existing Magic/Fighting Style moves)
  • Would a Warlord (str/wep) have something similar to this?
1 Like
  • For lost spells/techniques, if you already have them unlocked on your “standard” moveset (whether it be magic or fighting style), you should be able to create a move with that spell/technique on your “imbument” moveset. However, if you lose it on your “standard” moveset, you can’t create it on your “imbument” moveset. Another option would be to be able to make them part of the “imbument” moveset if you use the scroll on that. Apparently these are the only ways I can think of since Vetex wanted lost spells/techniques to be part of the trading circulation as people lose/gain them.
  • Warlord could have something similar to this (however, it might be a little bit complicated to implement compared to this), but that’s not the suggestion. That would have to be an entirely different suggestion.

Also upvote plz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Actually, for weapon/fighting style hybrid, the magic tab could get replaced by weapons, where the user can customize it there.

2 Likes

This would be a great QoL addition, and would definitely help to make playing warlock more bearable.

Won’t that be like Arcanium boxing gloves?

Never heard of those
(not mentioned in the trello as well)

“Weapons forged out of Arcanium metal which allows them to conduct magic. When equipped, you can select what magic you want to bind them to, and then create a spell to bind to the weapon. Different weapons will have different “boosts”/affects on these weapon-created spells, for example an Arcanium Bow may increase the damage and speed of spells exponentially, but reduce AoE size by a ton, making the attack similar to an arrow.

These would likely start being available at Level 100.

These weapons will scale with Magic and Weapon level, so they are most effective when used by Conjurers (Magic/Weapon hybrid builds), but also decent when used by Mages (Magic builds) and Warriors (Weapon builds)”

There was also

Ancient Language Tome - An equippable item that allows you to read runes of the ancient language in the world in english. (No color variations)
Lesser Crystal Ball - Level 20-60 - A small crystal ball that can be used to cast your magic. (Color changes to match your magic)
Inferior Magic Tome - Level 20-60 - A magic tome that can be used to cast your magic. (Color changes to match your magic)
Novice Magic Wand - Level 20-60 - A small and basic magic wand that can be used to cast your magic.
Instrument Weapons - Types of instruments that have skills that allow you to buff party members, requiring Weapons stat to be used. There would probably only be 1 level range tier of them (100-250) but they’d be useful until the end of the game.”

Maybe suggest some Arcanium weapons for warlocks?

I don’t really feel like there would be a point for that. Wouldn’t really make sense for some fighting styles like cannonball fist which doesn’t use arcanium/is a “non-contact” fighting style. Along with that, warlocks don’t use weapons (except cannonball fist). Plus I’m not suggesting different gear. It feels “natural” for warlocks to be able to use both magic and fighting styles without a conduit. Also the part with the crystal ball, magic wand, magic tome is basically just a stat multiplier for magic or a visual cosmetic. If warlocks could use weapons, that would just make them conjurers. Basically, what I want is for things (which I mentioned in the suggestion) to be available for warlocks (and warlords, but that’s a different suggestion) right after they awaken. Plus this is mainly to make it easier on the fingers as a QoL.

BTW I’m going to assume that you haven’t played Arcane Adventures before, arcanium weapons are literally weapons (like a bow, lantana, sword, flintlock, etc) that conduct magic energy and shapes it in a way that when using the weapon, the magic energy is put in a certain way. For example, a kantana had a move called lightning fang that basically is kinda of a magic blast but shaped in a vertical slice-like fashion. (My interpretation of how arcanium weapons work since I don’t renember the lore stating explicitly about them)

At least to me it feels like magic imbuements took the arcanium weapons role completely, idk what vetex plans to do with the concept but rn it just feels useless. Maybe arcanium could still be expanded on with armors and ship parts, but theres no reason to be magic-conducting weapons if…all of them are magic conducting even without being made of arcanium

Well, from the Trello, Vetex is more or less planning to make arcanium weapons more like the “shape” option for magic as well as make it scale off both weapon and magic (scales more if your hybrid) with different moveset.

Also, this suggestion isn’t about that.
It’s more like letting both magic and fighting style moves being bound to one key.

i dont like that it makes fighting styles the catch-all tool for all of warlock’s quirks even more than currently. like yeah, i get that fighting styles suck rn, but that doesnt justify giving you basically 2 magic tools, with one of them having techniques if you feel like it
thats just mage but you have the same magic tool twice and your attacks are unlocked later

sure, i’d rather have the option than not have it, but thats valid for basically every suggestion and i dont like the direction it brings warlock toward, being a discount mage who can punch sometime

wait thats even worse than i thought, you get 16 spells/technique slots on the same tool since you can have two movesets, plus your magic tool with 8 spells

I haven’t thought about that part lol
Plus I don’t really think anyone is going to waste 12 seconds of their time to press the H key to switch movesets for combos, since by that time their opponent would be somewhere else. Along with that, don’t the same move types have a shared cd?

So the way I thought of this suggestion, was that you had your magic moves (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H) and your fighting style moves (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8). When you imbue you’d be able to mix and match existing moves, but that’s it. (A, 1, 2, 3, C, 6, H, D) So you’d still have 16 move options like warlocks now, and not 24

yeah, something like that
ideally, that would be the case

Would it be possible for someone to edit the initial post so it’s something like this?