An update on Artemis Morgan (Part 3)

The Artemis situation (Part two)<

After spending some days loitering around Frostmill, helping the local paper, I started to notice an increasing amount of ice. I asked the mayor, and he directed me to the local wizard, Enizor. Enizor told me the increase in ice and coldness was due to Iris no longer melting it.

After a few more days, I set out and came across a quite large mountain, even bigger than the myths of Mount Etna back in Magius. In fact, it reached the clouds themselves. I saw a few ships at the bottom, along with many notes. One of the notes read “Up”, so I did.

After a full day of climbing, multiple close calls, I finally reached the top. It was a, how to describe it, truly legendary sight. A whole town, upheld by the clouds themselves, with a few ships that flew, flew I tell you! Anyways, I reached the town and got greeted by the townsfolks. I managed to secure Myself a sky-ship and rested due to the climb.

Now, the title of the story is a little misleading. I only saw Artemis twice, and one was a mere glimpse. Before booking in the inn, I saw Artemis Morgan board a sky-ship and sail away, or fly away, whichever one. The second time I saw him was more solid. He returned and told me about the Order of the Aesir, and how he defeated a recruit named Lord Elius. He said he would have been literal toast, as Elius was an electricity user, were it not for another group of adventurers who helped him. The next morning, he was gone again.

I have an odd feeling about Artemis Morgan, he seems extremely odd, even apart from his amnesia. The only other wind magicians I’ve seen were one of the Magic Council guards back in Magius and one of the residents of Cirrus Island. Anyways, that’s it for now. Stay safe and sound, and see all of you readers around.

Artemis Morgan part 4>

2 Likes

Just got to say, these journal entries are pretty fun to read in short increments. But here’s my little pieces of writing advice:

Putting the “a” before quite large doesn’t sound as correct as just saying “quite a large”. Maybe it’s just me. I believe it’s still correct either way.

If you’re going for more outdated English to fit the timeline of the story, it could work. There’s also little parts like the flying ships taking flight that sound good but not the best they could be, so maybe it is intentional.

I’ll have to catch up with these journals, so see you soon!

Thanks for your advice, and reading, see you in the next entries, and when the story expands more.