Any tips for playing plasma?

and most of its interactions or boosts hardly matter anyway

even then, things like fire can do much MUCH better jobs at what plasma is supposed to do, like being able to dish out more and conistent damage as well as creating decent to meta heat synergies with all kinds of other magics.

now one may argue in the niche scenario that “well sandal you fool plasma has a good posions synergy and fire doesn’t haha guuhhh” which, yes, is in fact very true. a plasma and poisons synergy still deals barely any damage impact wise unlike fire and something else. and remember things like wind exist. so say bye bye to your precious DoT

1 Like

now, fire on scorched does a good deal of extra damage but at that point why not just use acid/fire? they have a 2 way boost whereas fire only does more on scorched but scorched does not on burned

the whole point of it being support man

plasma + explosion synergy for petrify (ik its not reliable)
good clashes
fast
can apply dot then switch to main magic
can have heat-based magic interactions in the future
ok synergies
plasma can destroy poison users

the reason why plasma is a better support than fire is bc of its clashes
and clashes matter
quite a lot

who tf clashes in the first place though lmao

fire is fast too.

fire can do this too

FIRE CAN DO THIS TOO

but not the best synergies

not really plasma is a bit of a double edged sword because you will also take extra damage in clouds if you are caught in too.

also…

fire does that too

You know what, instead of caring about the statistics of this magic I should just enjoy it for what it is

exactly
it has more calming visuals than fire

mostly the things here that matter is the speed and clashes

clashing will matter quite a lot in ao
and currently in wom when fighting against groups of npcs

ash/explosion would be better for this anyway

mid clashes

barely, and i would argue that average speed is better so you can get more consistent experience across files

only like 20% and with low impact damage thats only reaching average levels of damage

i dont see this being useful very often

i mean i guess?

yeah

ngl looking at combat leaks I can’t really be convinced that magic combat will be so fundamentally different.

it’s still spam hopping/switching/blocking.

clashing is still such an obsolete concept lmao

and it really doesnt matter that much, if somebody is 20 blasting then dont clash. go at a different angle and just quad them or spam q in different areas

idk play it like fire it’s close enough to it

combat leaks are 90% weapon skills

tbh if youre higher level youre just gonna shred their attacks anyways and if not you can always try to out blast them instead

unless they can aim

when the entire magic council is chasing you because you fished in the wrong lake

1 Like

I still cannot see magic combat being any less different.

most people who spam 20 blast are shit at the game, and even the npcs with it can be countered with Q like i said. as for the mc you probably arent gonna outclash them with plasma

the only magic ive been able to consistently outclash the mc with was metal

ig explosion has good clashes too

which one

ofc, there will be new spells that we dont know about
then lost spells, which bring a huge variation of attacks
from the archived card, almost none of them are mobility spells (or have mobility) and most have projectiles that can be clashed with.

dodging will always cost 10% of your stamina (as probably no one will go for agility stat)
so clashing is more convenient as you can also damage the opponent while taking none.

take a look at shatter magic, its whole purpose is to win clashes against lower levelled magics. maybe clashing won’t be as big early game, but when you’re up against bosses that can create illusions and attack from multiple angles at once, that self explosion will come in handy.