Any tips for playing plasma?

iron i mean but they arent too different rn

okay but shields still exist and dodging does too.

I don’t remember seeing anything on trello that specifically says they require to be countered ONLY by clashing.

pfft okay like that’s disastrous. smh just use shield or idfk run around screaming, clashing is so situational and if you use an energy magic like fire or something like snow or sand you may as well ignore clashing altogether.

that’s why shatter magic is bad.

that’s true, however as i stated already dodging takes a lot of stamina
shield are good, and the durability probably wont matter much,
but you still take damage and dot :)

i never said that, i meant that it gives clashing opportunities

who knows if there might be something that can pass through shields?

unless the opponent is using a magic that loses clashes
also in ao the client/server projectile thing is fixed so clashing will be easier

im just saying, if you have the opportunity to win a clash and deal damage, then use it instead of not dealing any damage or taking damage.

in what way

• as you said, shields are an alternative that’s already so much easier.
  • dodging only taking 10% really does not sound that abysmal tbh.
  • “but you still take damage and DoT”

:snow_magic: :water_magic_var3: :wind_magic_var1: :lightning_magic_var1: :magma_magic: :ice_magic_var1: “yeah, mhm, keep talking about DoT and bad status effects honey, we can wait…”

okay fine but most of those opportunities are ones I doubt I or most people will choose to take in most scenarios

doubt it. would absolutely ruin pvp meta and cause another wind scenario where the meta gets wayyy too overcentralized. also shield durability already exists, what’s the point?

“ah, oh no. I have taken -40 damage from a perfect block using my shield. I only have another 1k or so HP left. such sad, much despair, cry cry cry sob sob sob.”

I mean like a magic made for something that is ONLY EFFECTIVE on lower level spells and only of those spells hit you seems really not good for pvp and really only pve suited.

Plasma is just worse fire and fire is worse glass

glass is worse british weaponary

but above all that…

AMERICA oh wait there arent any ak-47s in ao

glass is just…

worse acid :fr:

acid is worse
uh
actually acids probably the best out of similar magics

if you are talking about glass with bleedstack then yeah glass wins, but bleedstack is getting removed in AO thus acid is in fact superior.

no i meant acid is worse than nothing :nod:

true lmao

no glass is actually better acid because bleed stack

we’re talking post-AO

where bleedstack is removed. completely.

in that case then they’re probably about equal, unless solidbmagic jumps still suck in ao

wdym still suck

ngl solids are amazing, you can T jump off of it for an extra boost.

acid can deal acid puddle dmg and has better synergies (?)

Why are you guys even still here, like this post was kinda unnecessary anyways and now it’s turned into a lecture hall

yeah you can t jump off of it but they break half of the time if you try moving while casting it

and when it’s laggy then solid jumps take longer to load and you can literally fall under your jump because it couldn’t load in time