AO Combat Poll (2)

Yeah… It especially sucks when they’re a hybrid build (Knight atlanteans have 3K HP and 300 damage auto tracking moves)…

A big part comes from how they have aimbot and that weapons outclash magic… Including CRYSTAL magic, a rather heavy one. And theyre fast!

I love atlanteans but man… Im scared of range 1

2 Likes

I will say, though, that side stepping one of the throw attacks when I do see them without needing to dash is extremely satisfying lol.

Makes me excited to finally get my hands on something to change magics so I can experiment with other things.

1 Like

Oh also @TheoreticalExistence do you mind adding a poll on the most fun boss to fight? I think it fits the theme of this topic perfectly and is also a pretty interesting question

If I edit the polls at any point, all of the data will be deleted and that’d kinda suck.

Most fun boss though… Would be CALVUS!

1 Like

This post is for additional polls added after the original set

All discussion you would put there belongs here instead.

Most enjoyable? Calvus, probably. Shura, Iris and Elius were boring and I cheesed Argos every time. Carina was even more boring smh and Maria was literally just a combination a of blocking and hitting, no dodging or even moving at all (atleast for me). I wasn’t ever able to kill Merlot… or Kai either and Cernyx was way too easy for the recommended level.

I like Argos the most, I find it really annoying when bosses are hyperactive and wont stop moving, they have a huge hp pool and dmg, we should be the ones running around to avoid getting hit not them

1 Like

unironically elius fight was really fun for me
argos was more boring
carina was absolutely horrible, most boring fight ever
maria is a close second to most boring
calvus is a close second to the most fun but he also has a very unpredictable pattern with his tps unlike elius (yes i have a skill issue)
iris was boring
shura is meh
never fought merlot or kai
cernyx is pretty fun but its hell to keep track of him.

Thankfully, the unbalanced builds this patch are just bugged ones (inverse speeds, bleedstackers, etc)

1 Like

99% of the npcs in the game are beaten by staying away and spamming projectiles, there’s no other viable strategy.

3 Likes

argos is just too cool, epic music, badass character, cool attacks, and not too easy or too difficult

2 Likes

Skill floor is too high, even the grind for good equipment sucks and will invalidate your ability to PvP because you won’t have any stats to keep up with the meta

The ceiling feels correct however, at least. Any meta that doesn’t center around attack size and huge skills feels pretty balanced.

1 Like

I wouldnt consider this as being the skill floor but more of the build floor (?) for the lack of a better term. Having a meta build has nothing to do with skill afterall

If you want decent equipment Titanium Set all hard works for some good defense. Then you can run an amulet of your choice as well as another accessory that has the same stat as the amulet and you have a mid build. I am working on getting frozen oracle armor (same defense as titanium) as well as other frozen gear for max defense no drawback or metal magic

close enough, welcome back satoru gojo

1 Like

is this like pve or pvp or in general cause u have another one that says pvp but idk

Originally that one was supposed to be for PvP but people got confused and thought I was talking about PvE so instead of throwing out the results and editing them I just made two more polls better labeled.

does the “only when being hunted” crowd have something to confess to us

1 Like

I’m surprised a lot of people enjoy the Mob PvE. For what’s supposed to be a prime focus of the game, NPCs feel like Mario Kart opponents: they’re dumb, but power through whether by dumb luck or the game giving it every boosts the player just can’t have. They always move to your current position when they have a movement opportunity, don’t change their strategy, and can easily be manipulated into spamming certain attacks (for better such as slow projectiles or for worse such as Flying Phoenix). Their power comes exclusively from being up to over 100 levels higher than the player as well as not having to worry at all about Energy, Stamina, and blocking/parrying.

With bosses, sure the boosts from mobs are still there, but they have pre-determined attacks that can’t be manipulated, are meant to be fought when the player is around their level, don’t always beeline for the player, and don’t spam their abilities unless they have a limited amount (i.e. Shura).

1 Like