AO Ideas Trello

Isn’t that just the metal curse?

true

yeah maybe as hard as metal would be a better term

hehe that-

nope nevermind im not gonna talk about it.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

thwomp sus eyebrow raise

nevermind.

dark thought.

don’t wanna elaborate

boss idea for the curse

The Boss

Ezio Hollow

An old captain of the Grand Navy, who went insane after obtaining the Curse. Most people who still think the bone curse is unclaimed and go into the dark seas die by him. He is a warrior build who wields heavier artisan weapons along with his curse. The fight against Ezio takes place within an area of the dark seas that looks like an abandoned kingdom.

(I didn’t use this name to reference Ezia’s I just saw it on the list of AO first names and decided to use it)

Arsenal

What the boss weilds.

Bone Curse - The external curse he has found in the dark seas.

Attacks - Bone Curse

Bone Dragon - A large blast spell made of bone with a spiky appearance.

Skeleton Barrage - creates a barrage of large blasts made of bone.

Skeletal Shockwave - The user slams into the ground and surrounds themself with spikes made out of bones. This also sends a shockwave through the arena, which people have to jump over.

Reaper - An attack which he uses when he is closer to people, which summons a line of spiked bones that follows a player, dealing heavy damage when the attack hits.

Bone Wall + Bone Carving - The user summons walls of bone spikes in the arena before slamming into the ground creating shockwaves. The walls then shatter and damage anyone near them.

Exoskeleton - The user creates a shield around their body made of bones, which breaks after a couple hits. When this shield shatters, walls made of bones will surround the boss and the person who broke the shield, locking them into a short melee phase.

Skull Traps - The ultimate for the curse. The user leaps high into the air before crashing down, summoning a larger shockwave of bones. When this shockwave hits the walls, a bunch of mines from the bone curse are placed in the arena, damaging anyone who steps on them.

Bonesaw - A large scythe Ezio uses the most out of all his weapons, which he uses for slamming attacks and slashing at people.

Attacks - Bonesaw

Scythe Slams - Ezio spins the scythe before throwing it into the air, then having the scythe slam into the ground multiple times, summoning a field of spikes for a short time after each slam. This attack arcs towards players, but can be avoided. Later phases might have the scythe create smaller shockwaves each time it lands.

Consecutive Slashes - Ezio slashes the scythe four times, summoning a blast shaped as crescents that are made of bone after each slash.

Bone Recoil - Ezio spins the scythe very fast before throwing it at a player before coming back to him like a boomerang. Later phases might make this attack faster and summon a trail of spikes after the scythe comes back to Ezio.

Skeletal Greatsword - A large greatsword imbued with the bone curse which Ezio wields.

Attacks - Skeletal Greatsword

Sword Draw: Bone Claw - A grab move with a large AoE that deals small damage but gives heavy bleeding. The user plunges the greatsword into the target before slicing them again with it, knocking them away.

Skeletal Seekers - A variation of the Mountain Wind skill which summons three large spikes made of bone into three directions in front of the user, before crashing into the ground and creating bony spike trails that lock onto a nearby player.

Sword Plunge - The user plunges the greatsword into the ground, causing a shockwave and summoning small fields of mines made of bones in a circle around the player, which damage anyone who steps on them.

Carver Spear - a large spear weilded by Ezio, which is the smallest of his weapons, but is still very large.

Attacks - Carver Spear

Bone Plunge - A dash attack with the spear, which grabs players and impales them if it lands.

Skeletal Impale - The user throws the spear at high speeds, which causes a big explosion when it hits the ground or hits a player.

Bone arrows - The user spins the spear in the air, which summons a bunch of bone projectiles shaped like spearheads from the spear. These spearheads arc towards anyone they come close to. After a couple seconds, the user slams the spear into the ground, summoning more spearheads which aim towards players near the attack.

Phases

Phase 1 - The first phase of the boss, where he doesn’t use his full power. He uses some of his attacks and the attacks the weapons do are normal.

Phase 2 - This phase starts at 3/4 of the boss’s heath. The boss starts using more of his power during this phase, using his seeking and using his other 2 weapons more often.

Phase 3 - This phase happens at 1/2 health. Ezio uses his Exoskeleton attack, which summons a shield around his body made of bones. Breaking this shield causes the boss to enter a short melee phase with whoever breaks the shield. When the Melee phase ends, the boss is without their shield and is open for a couple seconds. The weapons also get their attacks buffed and do more effects during this phase.

Melee - This phase happens when someone breaks the Exoskeleton shield during the third phase, causing the player and the boss to be locked in a small area surrounded by walls made of bones. The boss uses more of his weapons during this attack, which deal heavy damage. When the boss takes a couple hits during this, the walls retract and the boss is left open for a couple seconds.

Phase 4 - Enraged - This phase happens at 1/4 of the boss’s health. Ezio leaps very high towards the middle of the arena before slamming down into the ground, causing a large shockwave and summoning bone traps on the floor of the arena. The boss then uses the exoskeleton one last time and does more melee attacks. The shield takes much more hits than it does in the other phase. When the shield breaks, many bone walls pop up around the arena, making the arena similar to a maze. Ezio will leap towards a player during this phase and do some attacks, before leaping to another player and repeating. When the boss is defeated, the bone walls will retract back into the ground.

Drops

The drops the boss has. The armors looks similar to that of grand navy captain armors, but very pale and with spiky bones on them.
1/6 chance of a drop
Pale Bone Armor
Pale Bone Leggings
Pale Bone Helmet
Ruined Navy Gauntlets
Bonesaw
Skeletal Greatsword
Carver Spear

I might also add dialogue lines for Velvet and Ezio later

Also an idea for boss template

(Boss name here)

Small description for boss

Arsenal

Description of what the boss uses to attack (magic, fighting styles, and weapons)

Phases (only if it has phases)

List of phases

Drops

List of drops and drop chances

Ayo i can do it i won’t destroy anything trust + I have a good amount of free time

Frost Fist: Base

Base Fighting Style

A fighting style where the user slows their body enough to where their body temperature is ice cold, it utilises attacks with all of their limbs, striking multiple times towards the opponent’s arms and stomach in an attempt to stop them from fighting back, before retreating. This fighting style uses stealth and hit-and-run tactics to make up for the lack of movement speed. (In short, this fighting style uses quick bursts of energy instead of constant attack)

Effects: Slows down an opponent on hits, and has a chance to apply freezing.

Frost Fist: Snowflake Form

Lost Fighting Style.

A variant of Frost Fist that sacrifices defence for constant bursts of energy.
Users of this form have mastered the ability to lower their body temperature quickly, as they can’t afford to stop and defend. This fighting style utilises speedy attacks and even quicker retreats, constantly pressuring the opponent with speed.

Effects: Users of this style take more damage from other fighting styles. Slows down opponents on hits, and has an increased chance to apply freezing compared to the base version. Users of this style also jump and high jump higher.

Frost Fist: Iceberg Form

Lost Fighting Style

A fighting style that utilises the defensive aspects of frost fist, attacking slower but keeping a constant defence up, users of this style have mastered the ability to lower their body temperature under pressure.

Effects: Takes greatly reduced damage from other fighting styles. Slows opponents on hits and has a reduced chance to apply freezing compared the base version.

Won’t have my computer for the next week or so so I won’t be able to add it

warp fist: telepunch

a strange fighting style, the user creates a small wormhole for their arm to be able and deal devastating punches from long distances.

the user will attack an opponent with multiple warp punches before cooling down

You get your computer taken away a lot lol.

1 Like

Imagine getting your computer taken away
both of mine are desktops lol

Vetex

The developer of the Arcane Universe finally joins his own game to kill everyone who thinks his game is a copy of deepwoken.

Arsenal:

Aether Lightning Magic: All spells
Ability to control and move the terrain (boss arena)
ability to use any skill in the game
flight

Phases:

1 - Base form: only uses aether lightning spells
2 - Toxic mode: occasionally picks up terrain and objects around him and throws it at the player (can pick up players as well)
3 - Developer Mode: Gets an aura of green aether and code and can access every ability in the game.

Drops

Literally nothing

Lines:
Agro

• “So you pinged me eh? Let’s see how you deal with this ping!” (lags ur game lol)
  • “My game is NOT a copy of other games. It is its own universe that has lore and unique characters.”
  • “…”

2nd phase

• “Stop trying, you’ll never win.”
  • “You forget I am the creator.”
  • “I can control everything!”

3rd phase

• " :skull: "
  • “- finished adding all skills to database”
  • “Final version has released.”

Defeated

• “I can just recreate myself.”
  • “Impressive.”
  • “See you later.”
  • “Geno Arcturus (vetexgames) has left the game.”
1 Like

Why did I even spend so long on this…

Boss: Ace Grey, Mage of Duality

Description: A boss fought at the end of the “From Beyond” side questline, involving the investigation of strange people with powerful magic. He wears black mage robes with white lining. Above this, he wears a large, black, hooded cloak with sleeves and white lining as well. At his waist, under the cloak, is a book and a… handle of a weapon?

Arsenal

Build: Savant with a particular focus on magic and less focus on vitality.
Magics: Polychromatism, Arcane Magic
Weapons: Chromatic Convergence (basically the swiss army knife of arcanium weapons and a combination of his weapon boss drops)
Fighting Style: Radius

Opening Scene

“A calm sea and sky… defiled with chaos and magic. Never thought that I would see something like that. Magic certainly acts in strange but similar ways in this world…”
“So, you’ve arrived at this large island in the centre of these seas. I’ve heard of you from my friends; some of them you fought while some you simply found… all the way up to me…”
“But, I do have to ask, what do you seek with us? Do you find us evil or good? We’ve done nothing for or against this world so you wouldn’t have a definite answer.”
“Although, I guess I should reward you for coming this far… and why not with a duel? A test to see if you’re ready for the dark forces I feel in the air. Talk to me again and we’ll head to the arena in the middle of this island to fight.”
“Let’s begin.”

Phases/Attacks

He alternates between two subphases within each phase:

• Passive Subphase: He blocks more often (including perfect blocks) but dashes less. During this phase, he often uses his bow and magic at a distance and plays passively. Although, if you engage in close-range attacks, he uses one or two swords to attack.
  • Aggressive Subphase: He uses dashes more often but rarely blocks (never perfect blocks). He also attacks with claws, one/two swords, magic, normal fist and radius fist. He plays close-range but has ranged attacks if necessary.

Phase 1: starts at 100% hp

• Attacks like a normal player including dodges and high jumps.
  • He only uses normal attacks (no lost spells/techniques) and arcane magic.
  • Passive subphase attacks: all normal magic abilities except aura and ultimate art, all bow skills (including basic) and some singular/dual sword skills.
  • Aggressive subphase attacks: all normal magic spells (particularly explosion and dash) except aura and ultimate art, all singular/dual sword skills (including basic), all claw skills, radius fist techniques.

Phase 2: starts at 70% hp

• Indicated by a pulse of rainbow particles.
  • Chat Indicator: “Let’s take this farther!”
  • Constantly in passive subphase.
  • Now uses polychromatism magic instead of arcane magic.
  • Uses swords more often and has access every one of its skills (including basic) instead of only a few like in Phase 1.
  • Has access to lost spells and different abilities including: arc sphere, shaped blasts, orbiters and barrage.
  • Starts using magic-weapon imbuement, which means there is a chance that his weapon attacks have a glowing trail effect and inflicts the same effects as polychromatism.
  • Starts using String of Obsidian’s ricochet arrows skill.

Phase 3: starts at 50% hp

• Indicated by a pulse of white energy.
  • Chat indicator: “My Turn.
  • Constantly in aggressive subphase.
  • Uses arcane magic instead of polychromatism and no polychromatic imbuement.
  • Has access to lost spells such as strong blast, transformation, dragon’s fist and recoil jump.
  • Has access to lost techniques as well (can’t think of any :/).
  • Uses swords less often.
  • Imbues arcane magic on fighting style and weapons, giving them white energy effects and increased damage on some attacks.

Phase 4: starts at 30% hp

• You’ve come far… but now it’s time to see your true capabilities!”
  • Indicated by a long spell incantation (immune to damage during it) and then a massive spell cast. This spell is area control, and covers the entire arena, allowing Ace to cast spells without magic circles (still has some warning, especially for any potential cheap shots). The sky also turns black with colourful stars.
  • His passive-aggressive subphase pattern returns, but passive has polychromatism, and Ace Grey have access to all added abilities in phases 2 and 3 in their respective subphases.
  • He can sometimes warp across the arena after exiting aggressive subphase and use spells such as summon elemental and lines of explosion spells.
  • He can sometimes warp towards a random player and then cast multi-point magic circle: annihilate a short amount of time after exiting passive subphase.

After defeat, he warps back to the middle of the arena and the sky returns to normal. Both the player and Ace return to the point they talked at before the battle.

Ending Scene

“Wow. That was tough… Congratulations on winning!”
“I’ll be off to find my friends (and hopefully our way back home) since I know you are capable to facing the world in all its glory.”
“Good luck! … oh, and take this chest. It might contain a gift from me. (What was in there again?) Thank you for the fight, and I’ll see you around, [file name].”
Ace Grey disappears and a chest is left where he was. He can reappear after a small while somewhere on the island (for repeat fights).

Rewards

Since this boss is neutrally renowned, the renown gained from him is neutral as well.

Rare drops (from chest):

• The Starless Sky (arcanium sword)
  • String of Obsidian (arcanium bow)
  • Archdragon’s Cloak
  • Random lost spell/technique scroll that Ace Grey used in the fight
  • Arcane lost magic scroll
  • (Very Rare) Polychromatism lost magic scroll
  • Chest also contains loot equivalent to a gold chest (excluding items if a rare drop is given).
Lost Spell: Dragon's Fist

Infuses magic into the user’s fist and then dashes forward with a powerful punch that inflicts knockback. Requires magic and strength levels. Think of something like Fire Dragon’s Iron Fist and Strong Left combined.

Lost Spell: Orbiters

Creates 3-7 (changeable) magic orbiting orbs around the user. These orbs launch themselves at the cursor after some time or launch during the next spell the user does, regardless of magic type. User is in stunlock for the duration of both spells. If the user is hit while having orbiters around them, they explode doing some damage to the user and others nearby.

Lost Spell: Multi-Point Magic Circle: Annihilate

Creates 3-7 (changeable) markers in a circle above the cursor’s location when activated. When used again, these markers fall and form a powerful magic circle that explodes in a pillar of magic quickly afterwards. More markers means more damage and energy cost (which is taken when the markers are placed). It also has a prefix that changes depending on the amount of markers used, e.g. “Five-Point Magic Circle: Great Pillar”.

Weapon: The Starless Sky

Rarity: Exotic
Description: “Fine-tuned arcanium sword(s?) of a strange craft. Its power seems neutrally aligned to magic.”
Weapon Type: Arcanium sword/arcanium dual swords
Features: black sword that has glowing symbols (colour is the magic it is bound to) along it.
Unique weapon skill: Switch

• Allows the sword to split into two one-handed swords or the swords to fuse into a one-handed sword. This also allows the user to use both singular and dual sword skills.
    Dropped by Ace Grey, Mage of Duality.
Weapon: String of Obsidian

Decription: “A fine-tuned arcanium bow of a strange craft. Its power seems neutrally aligned to magic.”
Weapon Type: Bow
Features: black bow with glowing markings and string (colour is the magic it is bound to).
Unique weapon skill: Ricochet Arrows

• Launches 1-3 (changeable) magic arrows that bounce randomly on air until they reach their target and explode. Their curved and unpredictable path avoids clashes more easily.
Accessory: Archdragon's Cloak

Description: “A cloak infused with the essence of a powerful dragon. Whether or not this ‘dragon’ was its original owner is unclear.”
Features: large, black cloak with sleeves and a white lining around the front and ends of the sleeve.
Stat distribution: Increases power and intensity by a lot, along with some defense.

(Area Control is already there, so I didn’t rewrite it)

1 Like

Lost Spell Idea:
Outward Explosion: A lost spell that starts in the inside of your body and moves outward, expanding as it goes and destroying anything in its path. When it reaches its limit, which based on how much magic energy was put into spell, it will explode, creating even more destruction.

1 Like
Lost Spell: Mega Laser

The user charges an insane amount of magic power to one location, then unleashes it in one, straight direction. The result: It creates a MASSIVE fuck off-beam that basically destroys anything in it’s way

best way is can describe it is that it basically looks like this:

Lost Spell: Ground Splitter

The user concentrates their magic in a compact formation to form a dense, solid spike. The user then creates many of these and lays these on the ground. After casting, tons of spikes created from magic will rise dealing damage to anything that walks on them.

Lost Spell: Grand Storm

The user sends a great amount of magic energy/ mana upwards into the air. In turn this causes magic to fall wherever the magic cloud is, dealing damage to anyone hit by it.

Lost Spell: Forcefield

Works similarly to a smaller version of the Zone lost spell. Creates a small barrier of magic surrounding yourself that also blocks incoming damage. It passively drains your mana and you can’t charge it while sustaining it. After a certain amount of damage is taken (roughly 35% of users HP) or their mana is completely gone, the spell will dissolve

1 Like

Silent Death (Curse)

One of the most dangerous of curses, this curse has very few attacks. The curse is blood red in color.
Status Effect
LOCKED.

The person hit with the curse cannot move for 30 seconds to a minute before dying.

Silent Death most infamous attack is a bloody red zig zag. It has very accurate aim and can lock a person in place before they are killed a minute later.