AOE and Agility Demons, PVP is less skill than before

Before the dark sea update PVP builds were usually always made with the same 2 focuses; Power ranging from 60-90 and Defense 600-900. Secondary stats such as agility, attack speed and AOE were of course important but there was a general trend saying that if you run lower AOE and higher attack speed (and do well), you are most likely better at the game and will win.

Now that the dark sea has dropped, most PVP builds tend to be AOE focused or Agility focused running a viable power/defence balance along with over 150 secondary stat. I am gonna be brutally honest, I do not think running high AOE and getting hits no matter what you do is skilful. More that I think it ruins the whole effort part people have put into getting good.

Knowing you will hit someone or hoping you will hit someone really puts players apart and I think the new stats are kinda fucks this over

(example, 160 Attack size)

My point is I do not want META to become high AOE or running strats (see metamancer from 1.12 lol) and in the end, the better players SHOULD win when fighting, not the one who gets “lucky” to be hit

This is not a suggestion post as I’d love to get more opinions about this situation but one thing I can think about immediately is to make the secondary stat calculations logarithmic; y = logx. As x increases the change in y decreases. Or simply put, the bigger a certain stat number gets, the less it increases by

Sorry if this is a bit confusing but please put your opinion about secondary stat meta, I’d love some feedback

you can also refer to the graph as f(x)=sqrtx with y-axis as VISIBLE/HITBOX AOE while the actual given stat number is the x-axis

So basically revert the stat changes to the old formula :pensive:

the biggest issue from what I can see isn’t even just max x stat builds but the fact that you can run the previous updates meta with like 200 extra stats in other stats

it’s not my 418 agility’s fault, it’s the 200 agility 97 power 600 hp 47 attack speed builds

nerfing the scaling just makes high x stat builds worse and nearly no change to the actual problem

1 Like

This isn’t the issue:

This is:

4 Likes

Well said and I totally agree with you. However without completely removing the new gear and enchants etc, changing how much a certain item gives or adjusting the scaling really only feels like the way to go

Do you know the exact new and old formula?

nerf how much EVERY accessory/enchant/jewel gives

the game has a huge stat bloat issue

eh u don’t rlly see the actual good pvp players complaining about this stuff aoe is still a crutch and is pretty ez to counter when grabs are functioning right. my only question is how come grabs don’t complete combos sometimes like u can hit someone and they get out of the combo mid animation.

I think this is an estimate for it, but do take it with a grain of salt since it has been a couple years:

the thing is we don’t need nearly 500 stats total at level 125

you say that with out good reasoning thoe, like I can’t agree if you don’t give a good reason why.

the reasoning is that, at level 125, we have access to such a large amount of stats that we can and usually do defeat npcs over level 200 from just how absurdly bloated our stats are. Not to mention that at these amounts we can have 97 power 600 defence and 300+ of a third stat, which is absurdly broken and extremely meta defining, and this problem will only get worse as time goes on without any nerfs. Not to mention that bandaid fixes like changing the formula only serves to harm pure stat builds a huge amount by hitting them far harder than the problem builds

:broken_heart: cant wait to be able to have 200 agility 200 attack size 200 attack speed 600 defense 100 power LOL

logarithmic stats actually dont hurt pure stat builds from what i’ve learned. We need higher stats for ds, because after insanity one ish gets ridiculously harder, and to say that the 97 power, 600 defence is meta is pretty bizarre none of the competitive pvp players run that, tbh I respect your opinion, but Vetex knows what he’s doing the way stats are rn are fine.

you aren’t meant to be in insanity 2+ lol

i mean are stats will keep going up as the game progresses, and people need to stop being so scared of it, its an equal playing field just play the game how u like if someone is beeter than you learn something from it or just appreciate the dedication
and focus they put into the game. It is harder to appreciate someone else’s greatness if you yourself aren’t very focused its not impossible just less likely.

Man what u on about, before the dark sea update most meta builds were lowkey shit like this

The problem is because of these bloated stats, someone that is way better can’t actually use much of their aim and movement, end lag punishing to win when the whole arena is damage

1 Like

yes you are there’s way better loot the farther u go ik i go there with my crew mates u can get 8 chests from one island and they’ll have a better loot table because chests from farther out have better loot. confirmed by a tester.

so ur telling me someone who is skilled at the game wouldn’t make a build that was competent enough to beat this build? thats funny, look if anything this update the skill cieling is WAY higher not the other way around.