Apollo's doodle thread

im not gonna explain everything in too much detail because this was meant to be a doodle thread, but he got himself into a contract with the island in his dreams, where he promised to protect the land

yeah uh few years later he forgot abut that contract and tried to move to cirrus because he felt like living at akursius was weird

that didnt turn out well because akursius decided to then kill him and posess his body and make him return back to akursius, where he will spend rest of his existence protecting the island

2 Likes

Why does he look barefoot in this image

OOPS hes wearing boots

I figured that out after looking for a bit but for the first few moments I though he had nothing on his feet.

Also, what about the skirt?

1 Like

it’s his secret weapon…

skirts are pretty

gift for a friend!

4 Likes

Aww, look at this scrunkly boi.
Reads his backstory
Oh hell nah. All this does is fuel my already seething hatred towards the Assassin Syndicate. Man didn’t deserve to be abused like that :cry: :sob:
He needs to be protected at all cost, even if he can already kick ass.

1 Like

time to post old doodles bc i havent had the time to draw anything other than commission work

7 Likes

Obligitory “Is this you?” poster wave before brutally hunting down said bounty player

2 Likes

oh crap maybe i can share my (rejected) animation college portfolio works here too!

10 Likes

IM SORRY WHAT? U HAVE A COLLEGE PORTOFOLIO??? THESE ALL LOOKS GOOD IM CRYING :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:. (whoever rejects this masterpiece im gonna strangle them :troll:)

YEAH… I got rejected pretty badly to the college (the cutline was 89/100 and I got 83/100) but it was my first time applying so I wasn’t too shocked. I’m reapplying next year and hoping I’ll make it that time! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Is this Apollo suffering from the struggles of everyday life as a homeless man living on and protecting Akursius Keep?

yes! he has to deal with lost sailors who go absolutely batshit insane on akursius keep and guide them out of there so they stop trampling his garden

oh hey you also use layers like I used to do

(I assume you always draw the farthest objects first)

wait can u explain how cutlines work for art?

For the specific animation college I applied to, theres a total of 7 sections required for the portfolio (life drawing, hand drawing, character rotation, storyboard, animation, layout, and personal works) that all add up to 100 points! Some are worth more points than others (such as storyboard that has 20 marks in total), and because the college has limited spots, they have to reject everyone below a certain point :[

The cutline changes from year to year, this year it was 89-90 depending on your GPA. This process isn’t the same for all animation colleges (this specific one is for Sheridan College), and most will have other requirements. Calarts for example, requires you to submit a sketchbook full of your art! (And they don’t have a specific grading system)

Its a pretty tough process! But thankfully I don’t get too demotivated from it or else it would kinda mean art wouldn’t be the right path for me…

oh alright it’s like I need to master these things

I draw for fun now though but maybe it would be cool to try and go a little further in the future

I applied for graphic design next year when I become a sophomore so that will be fun

(graphic design IS the right class you take for these things right?)

Graphic design is pretty useful, but the colleges I listed are mainly for animation which is usually more focused on illustration rather than graphic design. It doesn’t hurt to have graphic design experience though, as a lot of information learned can also be applied to illustration as well! :]