Aquaculture

Aquaculture https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/2/e/2efcb70b3e05d26e1b6c45782b30090fbb0ea1ba.jpeg
effort 4.583333333333333 12 quality 4.384615384615385 13 reasonability 4.0 15

After some reflecting, it appears to be that people hate the idea of suggestions having some sort of double-edge system, only that players should only gain a positive effect and nothing else. So I reworked a draft of my next suggestion that appeals that idea, which resulted in this.

New Features For Fish Tank

Fish Breeding

• If two or more of the same type of fish is in the fish tank, then there’s a 1/10 chance that they could make a baby version of the fish in the tank. Each minute would increase the chances by 1, maxing up to 10 minutes for the guaranteed produce.

• Due to this change, the max fish to be put in the tank is raised to 6.

• Only two giant variants of the same type of fish can only create new fishes of the same type.

• Fishes that you didn’t place won’t take storage space in the fish tank. For example, you have 2 of the same giant fish type in the tank but there’s 4 more storage space left, if both fish produced a baby version then the space would still be 2/6 as it isn’t counted.

• Gold or massive variants cannot be produced in the fish tank for balancing reasons.

• The max amount of excess fish ( Produced fishes ) could only be 6. Meaning at max, you can only harvest 6 excess fish. If there’s 6 of the same type of fish, then they would produce 3 excess fish at the same time. If there’s 2 or more types of fish is in the tank, then at max each type of fish can only produce 2.

• Produced fish can also grow up to the giant variant.

• Produced fish cannot produce more fish unless you take them out and place them back in.

• The fish tank would now also have the “Q” button when taking excess fish, it would only show up if there’s excess fish in the fish tank.

Example Of The Outcome
( My two giant turtles produced 3/6 turtles. )

Notes
The only purpose for this is to consistently gain the same type of fish that you want for food. This benefits players and especially clans based around serving food to people.

Fish Cultivation

• The fishing shop npc would now also sell fish food which costs 2 galleons. Fish food boosts the growth rate of the produced fish by 33% and can stack up to three times. This could also be obtained from chests.

• The produced fishes would have stages in its growth, including the length of time it takes and as mentioned previously, fishes cannot produce golden or massive variants. This is for balancing reasons but it is subject to change. An example:
    Small: requires 20 minutes to grow into medium/default size.
    Medium: requires 40 minutes to grow into giant size.
    Giant: maximum stage, can now produce fish if taken out and placed back in.

• The fishing shop npc would now also sell golden fish food which costs 3 galleons. Golden fish food would not affect the growth rate of the produced fish, and instead it increases the chances of the giant fishes ( Fishes you placed inside ) to produce a baby version by 33% and can stack up to three times.

Notes
Considering the galleon inflation that the game has right now, people would still need to wait a little bit after using both fish food. This is subject to change if it doesn’t affect the fishing community drastically.

New Artifacts Related To Fish Tanks

• Ruined chest: increases the max cap of produced fish by 1 ( If the deckhands hold in total of 8 ruined chest which raises the cap to 14 and there’s two or more types of fish, then the last 2 will be randomized ).

• Deep Sea Coral: increases the chances of the type of fish to produce a baby version by 5% ( This is optional as there could be some people that prefers free growth rate if they aren’t using combat/survivability related artifacts ).

• Broken Ship Toy: increases the growth rate of the produced fish by 5%.

TLDR

Aquaculture adds a simple addition to the fish tank that makes it possible to consistently obtain the desired fish that you want but it would take a bit of time unless items, such as fish food, is used to hasten it.

10 Likes

The timer could be a bit longer to balance out the fact that you can afk farm colossal squids

Nice cooking

.ok

Me watching as great sharks that are bigger then my ship make babies in a fish tank smaller then my body

cool

THIS.
This is exacly the maybe unessasiary cute immersie type stuff AO is perfect for.
I cant even say much about it as its just plain a good idea.

Maybe this needs an UI to have a better view as to what is going on in the tank but other than that absolutle masterclass cooking.

U are a michelin star chef. :cook:

yay we can Minecraft farm now but with fish

its just a lazy version of fishing but its cool

My golden anglerfish tank will make so many cute anglers!

images

1 Like

i’m sorry this isn’t a whatever-that-is game and it’s not REALISTIC for those things to have offspring in a fishing tank of that size, and it’s good you’re considering multiple aspects and doing all this research but for aquaculture? like let the aquatic life worry about their lineage

let’s say we do want AQUACULTURE, i only see it in a suitable space ( not that cage of a tank, i’m sorry i dont wanna say there’s some “magic” explanation to it ) with a net around it and an npc, much like how it is in pokemon, by going to the pokemon daycare, I do not see this being added at ALL, and remember the LAG this will cause for each player to have this is unnecessary.

dosnt matter

How can you say so little using so much text?

1 Like

(joke is gone ) read closely the detail is all in the words

6 minutes? :sob:

Love the idea but there’s some hilarious implications of having fish that’s been out for like 3 hours make babies once you put it back into a tank.

timer should be a formula where g = galleon value of both fish combined and r = rarity, t = time (seconds)
t=gr

Yes please. Would love some functionality for the fish tank. It feels kinda lacking compared to all the other things in the brig cabin rn so this would be a welcome change in my books!

Meanwhile White Eyes and Flying Glass Man:

requesting to add white eyes as a fish you can add in tanks, sorry guys i don’t know what got into me