Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

i WILL eat this up siren neviro is literally the only thing i can think about now there is so much potential there

this might be terraria :fire::fire:

2 Likes

the atlanteans have converged into a meatball, fitting that it’s on the island inspired by rome/italy

Honestly a huge sea serpent made out of hundreds of thousands of fused atlanteans would be so metal (totally doesn’t look creepy trust me)

Done

does get quite a bit gorey.

Chest Atlantean:

Ok here’s my take on what happens in this scenario.

Instances of Mutation While Pregnant

While everyone knows that being infected results in eventually turning into an Atlantean, one thing that most people don’t know about is what would happen if a pregnant woman were to become infected. This is largely because any pregnant woman chose to stay in the safe zones if they could when the invasion happened, but there have been cases of it happening. Usually, the woman would be killed if infected, but if mutation is allowed to set in, then here are some scenarios about what would happen.

Scenario 1:

Upon infection, the woman will begin to mutate like normal, along with the child she is carrying. However, unborn children seem to mutate slower than their mothers, meaning that mother will still remain pregnant for a time even after turning into an Atlantean. When the child does eventually mutate, it will often tear its way out of its mothers’ womb and make for the closest body of water. Should the mother be in the lesser stages of mutation, the process will usually end up killing her.

Scenario 2:

Upon infection, the mother will remain okay, but the magic poisoning in their blood will carry over to their unborn child instead. This results in the child mutating at a faster rate than normal, which typically causes great distress than the mother. Should these mutations happen fast enough, the child will tear their way out of their mother, killing the parent in the process. However, there have been rare cases in which the mutated child is able to be born normally, which often causes mass panic as the mutant baby tends to infect people if it is not killed quickly.

Scenario 3:

Upon infection, the mother will begin to mutate, but the unborn child remains uninfected. In most cases, the intense amounts of magic pollution in the mother’s blood results in the child’s death, remaining forever trapped within their mutated parents. However, in rare cases, the unborn child seemingly remains healthy and is can even be born if the mutated mother is be sedated enough. However, testing by the Order of Aesir has shown that children born from this process may not show any symptoms of infection, but seem to generate an “aura” that attracts infected to them. As such, the Order often puts these children down as they tend to be more trouble than they are worth.

Scenario 4:

Upon infection, the mother and unborn child will begin to mutate, but the child will not leave the mother after tearing their way out of her womb. Instead, the child will remain and fuse themselves into the mother, becoming a symbiotic organism. The mother provides movement and protection, while the child acts as a lookout while the mother is sleeping and can even spit out infectious bile. These Atlanteans tend to be deadlier than their standard counterparts, especially if they are allowed to grow and mutate further.

2 Likes

but atlanteans still have bones

gimme them boneless atlantean wings

do sailor style users and the seawater for that matter
if they drink the ocean do they get infected or do they just get a buffed up sailor style
are pre-packaged water still drinkable or do they make you infected

Drinking large amounts of tainted water can make you slowly mutate + go insane

Not as fast as getting hurt by an Atlantean, but sailor style users might need use their fighting style in moderation

picturing sailor style users slowly starting to transform into basic combat users from not using seawater out of fear they overdose on seawater
this does bring up how do people have food and water if the water transforms you

im sure there are already ways to make ocean water drinkable, cause its not like they could drink it before the invasion anyways

also water magic users

As for food, raiding abandoned buildings for non-perishables is an option, but the sky islands are able to produce food and send it out to the islands below via skyship airdrop

also one more thing
do atlanteans taste good

Sailor style is something I had thought about. My thoughts about it is that it does make you much stronger than usual and makes you temporarily resemble an atlantean a little but too much will infect you. This could make it an interesting sort of situation where someone has to decide whether the power is worth it in every combat situation, and allows for some good self sacrifices.

May I direct you to the atlantean cooking sub AU

apparently dark seawater is an actual hting in the game
we dont drink it at all and we dont even get the bottle back from using it as a catalyst so going off that i assume drinking toxic seawater could fill up our entire seawater meter or something along the lines of that but make us have like insanity two

the what huh

they made an AU of this AU where the people of the Bronze Sea retaliate against the invasion by uh. eating the Atlanteans