Dark Wings, Dark Skies

Warning: Graphic depictions of Gore.

We had been out at sea since this invasion started, I don’t even know how long it’s been. We’ve just been lost at sea. I fear if an Atlantean ship finds us we can’t put up a fight.

“Sir, we’ve been out at sea for days!” Vel complained.

“I know Vel, but we can’t go back to Ravenna, not in a crisis like this.” I responded. We had to do our duty, and that was to sail the sea to stop Atlantean ships.

“Dammit Cassius, stop being such a coward!” Spurius shouted, even though we were at most 10 feet apart “lets just link up the Orthys Legion and die doing something!”

“No point in dying like martyrs when they’ll forget our names in a few months Spurius.” I responded once more. The Orthys Legion were throwing themselves into a meatgrinder for no reason, this invasion will blow over after a while… right?

“Let’s just go find some secluded island to hide, if we’re going to be cowards we might as well commit to it!” Drusus begged, I doubt even know how a coward like him was allowed in to the Bronze Legion.

“Could all 4 of you just shut it? I’m trying to keep an eye on the hor-”

CRACK! Thud.

A elegant and ornate spear stuck out of Gnaeus. It looked incredibly high quality, made of a bright white metal with blue and gold accents. Either way, it had been thrown with enough force to pierce heavy bronze armor.

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!” Vel screamed at the top of his lungs.

“LOOK OUT THERES SOME SORT OF-” Drusus cried out “AAAA HELP ME-”

Drusus was lifted into the air, before being eviscerated by some creature up in the sky. Vel picked up his musket and tried to shoot at it with a BANG!, but only managed to shoot Drusus in the chest. Whatever it was, it was smart enough to use Drusus as a shield.

Thud

“WEAPONS READY!” I yelled at the other 2.

Drusus’s dismembered corpse dropped onto the deck. Vel vomited upon seeing what remained of his face. It looked nigh unhuman.

“WELL, COME AT ME AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN YOU CU-” Spurius yelled, though he’d never finish his battlecry.

The sound of him screaming in agony joined the orchestra of chaos around me. From Spurius’s mutilated right arm on the floor and his screams, the chaotic conditions of the oceans, and Vel’s now constant vommiting, I couldn’t even hear myself think.

CRACK! Thud.

The spear within Gnaeus had disappeared, and I had feeling of where it was going to go next. Spurius tried to get a punch off on whatever took his arm, but it only ended in him getting impaled by that spear.

I was just in utter shock. I about to die, nothing I could do would stop it.

Vel didn’t even realize he was about to die until that beast started tearing him apart. His screams pierced by ears, though the screams of whatever that thing was were louder. There was just an absolute sense of hatred and vitriol in that things roars at it tore poor Vel apart.

Thud

By the time he was done with Vel I had finally broke out of my shock. I imbued my towershield with my earth magic. If I was going to die, I was going to do my best to take whatever monster this thing was down with me.

“I don’t know what you are, but in the name of the Caesar Family I’ll kill you!” I shouted at it, I doubt it’d understand my battlecry.

It did.

“You speak of me as if I am a the worst monster this world has seen, when the people you fight for are even worse than the worst sinner in Tartarus.” It spoke.

I felt a chill go down my spine. It stared at me with a cold fury. The thing stared me down, for a moment the feathers seemed to give way to human skin. For a moment, it looked human, but then that faded back to it’s black feathers.

CRACK! Thud.

I tried to bash the beast with my shield, but all that resulted in was it shattering into pieces. Some sort of darkness began to swirl around the spear and it threw it at me. I felt my vision darken and a bitter cold go through my body.

RIP!

I felt my throat rip. Now, with my throat torn out, gurgling up blood, alongside a spear in m-

RIP!

Now a hole in my chest, instead of a spear…

WOOSH!

I watched the thing fly back to it’s boat before sailing in the direction of Ravenna. If only I could warn the people back home of what was coming. If only… At least I tried to put up a fight…

…I’m not long for this world, am I?..

2 Likes

“Send my regards to the king.”

Idk how but you managed to EXACTLY predict what one of my next art topics is gonna be about, and itll probably look like the aftermath of a situation like this :eyes::eyes::eyes:

anyways GO GET EM NEVIRO WOOOOOOOO