Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

oh boy, mutated calvus eventually
infection probably caused during evacuation efforts (no tiberians though)

lets be real, calvus prob used the tiberians as human meat shields (and his ass still got infected :skull:)

Question, if an infected person dies, specifically through suicide, do they just turn in to Atlanteans or just dead?

If they die before the infection spreads, they will stay dead.

This is the case of Carina, in which Elius had to unfortunately kill her by her request in order to prevent the mutation from spreading to the rest of Cirrus Island.

what about Ruby Roger?
he better be alive

put me in the story as the warden gigachad hypervitaligod thatā€™s been asleep and when I wake up I vaporize the atlanteans with my pinkie

ā€œvitality technique: testicle removalā€

2 Likes

currently up to interpretation! Iā€™m just not too familar with as many side characters to be able to determine what could specifically happen to him

I do like the idea of him surviving for god knows why, just out of sheer dumb luck

Ruby Rogers is secretly immune

ruby rogers IS the cure real

2 Likes

So how intelligent are the atlanteans and/or sirens in this AU? If either of them have human intelligence why are they doing what theyā€™re doing?

Since they are equivalent to basically zombies, they arenā€™t very intelligent, and mainly follow their one drive to satiate their hunger. The more mutated they are, the more detached they get to humanity.

Lesser mutated Atlanteans seem to possibly show signs of their past conscience, and the Order believes they could maybe be saved at this point if a cure was to be found. They are more docile and aversive, more frightened by their situation rather than aggressive.

Iā€™m guessing the same can be said for the sirens?

I think the sirens would hold a bit more intelligence than the Atlanteans, being naturally born in the Dark Sea.

However, there arenā€™t as many of them compared to Atlanteans, as they tend to enjoy hunting ships that are sailing around (based on their appearance in The Odyssey), and after the invasion not many human ships are active anymore.

no ships aside from supply runners or combat fleets are gonna be active
so womp womp to any lone captains

Speaking of boats I did want to ask if possibly right when the Atlanteans invaded the navies of Ravenna plus the Grand Navy and Assassin Syndicate navies stuck in the bronze sea did try to work together out of necessity to take down the Atlantean navy(which Iā€™m guessing is just sortā€™ve a collage of ships since I doubt they organize much). Of course if this did happen they definitely lost which would explain why there arenā€™t many active human ships or why the only islands(sea islands) that donā€™t have Atlanteans on them are fortress islands like Silverhold.

Or

Are there still fleets from 1, 2, or all 3 active just constantly fighting away at the atlantean ships hoping to make some sort of headway?

Wouldnā€™t Morden technically die if became an Atlantean? Atlanteans are mutated by magic energy, and magic energy causes curse users to explode? I donā€™t mean to kill the idea, but wouldnā€™t Morden justā€¦ Yknow? ā€¦ explode?

1 Like

You gotta believe in the AU magic :sparkles:

2 Likes

All order within these organizations have been thrown out the window as more and more higher ups fall to the infection, but near the beginning a ceasefire did occur due to the emergency.

The Grand Navy is mostly in tact due to their Silverhold lockdown, but the same cannot be said for the Syndicate. Since Blackwater Grotto is so close to the water, they are constantly dealing with hordes invading their base.

Most AS ships you see out on the sea now are lone deserters trying to find safety.

Who said he mutated yet? Oh right, I did, but heā€™s kinda in a limbo between that point as the Order keeps him under their watch (I should change his status to infected)

Iā€™m mostly asking if like at that moment near the start their navies did actually work together to try to fight off the atlantean ships before eventually losing maybe slowly overtime or in a big battle with all 4 navies involved where they lost most of their ships. Or was it just a ceasefire and aside from that its been entirely every kingdom/organization for themselves?

I think Iā€™ve invested myself a little too much into the politics and logistics of this horror AU, sorry if this isnā€™t actually too important to the story lol