Arcane Oddysey's story is kinda

When you die from being in a Ravenna city during that section of the story, you aren’t killed, you’re captured. (then most likely killed later)
They most likely do exactly what you’re describing here.

1 Like

Honestl, I was under the impression they assumed MC was a rebel or working for another kingdom – which wouldnt surprise me, as that is a dialogue option in the mines

Some of the characters in Ravenna also call MC a lunatic, so they could also just think the MC is insane [which isnt far off honestly]

1 Like

Tbh, just a personal thing, but this is why Im so into it rn. Theres a lot that leaves to the imagination, but still enough actual lore to base it off of. Im actually finding a lot of details I never realised previously. Again, personal thing.

1 Like

Morden is a loner and after a traumatic experience he just wanted to be alone, and for all he knew he was never going to see you again, so it wouldn’t have made sense here for him to spend more time with the player especially since he straight up tells them he needs some time alone

They don’t know their purpose and since they got dragged into the whole Order thing along with the others they follow it through out of sense of duty, the protagonist in lore takes great pride in using their powers to help people

Edit: This is something I would explore more in the actual books, since as a game its very hard to convey the main character’s emotions and reactions to events while also making your character feel like their own and not have “forced” emotions to things. Like for example, the MC would feel shocked to learn that the events of Fort Talos led to hundreds of innocent soldiers dying due to their actions, and have to reason with themselves that it was for the greater good

There actually are one or two mentions of him during the story, just not by name. As for Argos, it would be weird and out of place to randomly mention one of Ravenna’s generals

I agree

That’s pretty much what it is, you’re assuming a lot based on limited knowledge of the overall plot, with complaints such as “you don’t have enough time to get attached to the characters” when there are 5 whole seas left to grow that connection and this is just the beginning

it already is very enjoyable, i feel like this opinion just comes from people who have played the game too much to the point they’re sick of the same story over and over again

11 Likes

So in terms of negative rep players – would they maybe see themselves as a robin hood deal?

Especially with the fact that Kenton directly states that the Navy is very suspicious and that we might investigate them further with him in the future [and bonus, Kai has some suspicious dialogue]

Or would a negative rep MC not be canon, and simply be a player thing?

1 Like

Yeah to me bad rep is just a gameplay thing, in lore your character is neutral to the public eye but good at heart

6 Likes

Thas pretty cool actually, I also love the writing on the whole navy corruption stuff with Kenton and Kais dialogue, mega excited if [or when] the next quests get introduced god bless

1 Like

Man… am I the only one who understood bad rep stuff was just gameplay? :sob:

2 Likes

LOL, I honestly didnt think much until now about it

1 Like

Huh, I just so happened to be planning to make an analysis on the MC recentlly, but it seems a lot of the things I wanted to cover seems covered here. Really fun to know that what I was suspecting turned out to be true, Ig thats what happens when you pay too much attention to the lore.

Also, uh, Vetex, are you gonnafix a little inconcistency with the Wrath of the Gods from lore doc and the game? Cause there’s two contradicting info there

1 Like

I mean would you believe the official lore doc or a random old dude that wasn’t even there and is speculating on what happened ?

The thing is, the dude gives dates on WHEN the Wrath of the Gods takes place, not what caused it, but the lore doc gives entirely different dates… idk

1 Like

The lore doc mentioned the PK defeating Hades already and in Arcane Oddysey that will happen 3-2 years from the story date we’re at so it might just be correct idk

The dates are correct from what I know, the wrath of the gods was a shockwave from the Durza vs Peacekeeper fight

2 Likes

Hey Vetex now that you’re here uhmmm I was like very excited to see some Greek Mythology based bosses in the game so will you ever add them ? Like imagine fighting the Medusa that would be sick

Wait… they were fighting for 4 months…? What the hell???

Also, it says its from the Durza going boom on himself after being defeated, not during the fight iirc

1 Like

1 Like

hehe

1 Like

Hmm, then why it says it lasted 4 months and then ended a month ago? According to NPC

1 Like

nowhere does it say they fought for 4 months, the NPC who tells you about it is meant to be talked to before you go to cirrus island so the time frame he says obv doesnt make sense if you’re talking to him after ravenna

The NPC says the events of it lasted 4 months, that doesn’t mean the fight lasted that long, thats just how long the effects of the blast lasted on the weather of the world

2 Likes