Arcane Oddysey's story is kinda

She’s definitely used as a plot device (makes sure that it makes sense story-wise for the player to be injured and then running towards the castello), yeah.

frostmill’s mayor does mention something about ravenna being suspicious and calvus is mentioned by name at cirrus

3 Likes

shes basically a miniboss lol why would she have build up especially since the plot right before that is the player trying to hide from ravenna’s army

2 Likes

How far away would you say is when we’ll fight our first curse user?
If you aren’t willing to answer that…
Will we fight a curse user during the story?

yeah the frostmill dialogue about ravenna not communicating at all besides shipment is a really subtle red flag that there’s some kind of corruption from the top. i don’t think it’s weird that the very obviously corrupt and overreaching government has a king who is a major antagonist

i forgor :skull:

Lmao, I also kept forgetting that, but I remember it very clearly now since I keep repeating the new story when I try to make a new file.

It also gives more reason as to why MC decides to persue Iris, because something is kinda off with Ravenna and what happened with Iris’ father makes them curious abt what’s going on

if i’m being real with you, practically anything above the level of basic goon (like carina) benefits from any buildup

1 Like

prince revon got more buildup than her lmao

But I feel like he’s either gonna be a serious threat later or a running joke that shows up just for you to beat his ass each time, or maybe even something in between

1 Like

this topic is so funny it goes inactive for 2 days then comes back with 30 replies

1 Like

Why not both? At first becomes a running joke where he messes things up for us behind the scenes but at the end of the story, we all stop laughing at him as he comes out of nowhere and unseals the final boss right when we won.

I can see it

player: “finally, we beat all the order barons and high lords!”
morden: “wait we only beat 11 barons”
revon: “hey guys im gonna unseal this dude rq”
player + morden + iris + neviro + warren: “huh”

1 Like

almost certainly. curse users are powerful people and we as players are gonna get really strong so it only makes sense we end up fighting the strongest of the strongest bad guys

1 Like

VETEX MAKE IT SO WE CAN RECRUIT RUBY ROGER AND CLARK SILVERS OR SOMETHING TO OUR CREW PLS HE’S SO COOL BROn :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

Man idk you could’ve maybe had elius hint at her or something… I mean she really just appeared out of the blue and I don’t exactly understand her role in the story besides, just being a small miniboss.

Honestly most bosses unless like some sort of joke character should have some sort of buildup, or some kind of foreshadowing, because if they don’t, they just feel sort of “forced in” I guess.

2 Likes

Is Calvus stronger than Julian

If julian can OHKO us, and calvus’ most consistent attack only can deal around 85-150 damage to us, I think this question answers itself.

Julian thinks of us the same way we think of Revon

(just watch as julian gets his ass melted a few chapters later when someone discovers a new way to abuse the newest lost spell for boss farming)

I can already see the youtubers making titles for videos like that.

NEW FASTEST WAY TO BEAT GENERAL JULIAN ARCANE ODYSSEY!!! ZONE SPELL OP!!!

1 Like

Morden already beat them to it