Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

yeah almost everyone feels the same

already was a thing in wom and was very bad and got removed becase you can use it to your advantage

arcane odyssey SUCKS!!! IT SUCKS BAD!!!,!!!,!!1!!11 I HATE IT WITH EVERY GUT IN MY BODY…,.,.,.,.,.

1 Like

until those crystal balls come, maybe…

don’t have that problem with that option, so imma just say skill issue

I got a cernyx drop for taking a lvl 125 to frostmill from sailor’s lodge.

1 Like

Dude what. Are you a Blox Fruits player?

mostly its an issue when you mistime it, like, you’re in the air and try to dash, but can’t, so it just makes you charge instead. Still, they need to add better binds for dash.

RNG boss drop/fishing systems are and always will be garbage, this game needs some sort of remembrance thing like elden ring did that lets you choose one out of all of the drops for a boss after killing it, like, three to five times (one drop per kill sounds too fast, one drop per ten sounds too slow) or something, i’m tired of reducing calvus to dust over and over again just for some rando to show up and make the fight take 2x longer

don’t know what to do with fishing, but i sure as hell don’t want to spend 7 hours for a single piece of a sunken set that’ll probably just end up being the helmet

oh hey i actually agree with you here

the ONLY times i’ve gotten m1’d while it was even anywhere NEAR a threat was when it was an NPC that doesn’t actually think or care, m1s are too unreliable to do basically anything if you’re a player

i agree but i want to brag about myself
i killed calvus first try on my berserker after killing him 10+ times on my mage at the time and 1-2 times on my conjurer (dont have a reason to farm him on it)
it was slow, but staying relatively closeby with a berserker who has access to shot (and also hiding in the hallway when i was at like 200 health) got the job done (also double shockwave smash is a pretty quick damage dealer if you ever manage to actually get close to him, but i don’t even try to approach when he’s far away doing his big/condensed blast move)

it seems you have ‘‘missed the joke’’ as they say

“magma is bad”
Me: Untitled - Clipped with Medal.tv

I had fun with them and that’s good enough for me. I don’t think you can convince me that I didn’t have fun, and I’d gladly accept being an outlier.

Only disagree with “tolerable”, if there are fun things to do they’re unnoticable. Getting a better ship and gear are things you will need to do at one point or another. I think it’s much better for the pacing and difficulty progression if you do them during downtime at your own pace then when you hit a difficulty spike with a boss and inadvertently overlevel, then rinse and repeat the next time you’re underprepared.

Not having things to do can be a real issue, but that should get better over time.

That’s my whole point, believe it or not. You pick the things you like most, you do those, and you both have fun your way and progress in the game.
If progression was entirely tied to the main story, and it spanned the entire level range, there would be exactly one way to progress - doing the main story.

It’s just a fundimental difference in playstyle, then. I dont grind levels, I play the game how I like and level up in the process. I don’t care about the time invested either, if my progression time is woefully suboptimal, I again don’t care. I’m not likely to play on another file, and even less likely to progress it in the most efficient way if that means doing it through activities I find uninteresting.

Go on and berate me then, if that’s something you want to do. Don’t let the dark blue name scare you either.
If I would add anything to this, the fact that people need the protection of arbitrary authority granted by the leader role or moderator status to not be berated for having a differing opinion, even if you or someone else deems it “stupid”, is a problem in and of itself.

6 Likes

freeze, petrify, and paralyze are almost useless currently

1 Like

given the fact you have 11 likes, I’d say people agree with you. I personally agree fully, the game has SO MANY fun things to do when you’re not doing the main quest. I’ve never had to try to level up specifically, I just go do island completetion tasks or kill some pirates or fish or bounty hunt. Even playing through my second file I feel the same way, it’s just fun.

builds don’t matter in the meta
use what you like
vitality probably has an abusable niche
just look for it

also if we’re asking hot takes lemme talk about the fucker himself Lord Elius cause he’s the most controversial sunnuvabitch in the entire fanbase

yes i made this meme myself do not ask why it is an outdated format

I have no idea why people struggle with storm of Arrows so much
Sure, it’s unpredictable, but it leaves him open for like 8 whole seconds where he doesn’t move and he doesn’t attempt to retaliate
every second is fucking gold when you fight that guy
just dash out of the way and wail on him with what you have. If you have a strength build, Crash is especially good at this time since you don’t even need to dash.

Healing is annoying but it feels less like an unnecessary difficulty increase and more like a soft level requirement. I first fought him at like level 50 and I wasn’t able to damage him at all because he outhealed me. And after reaching level 60 I was already consistently outdamaging his 150 heal. Pay attention to how much damage you deal and if you do under like 80 per blast hit then you should probably continue grinding.

Thunder Rush is his most dangerous move to me for some reason, but that’s mainly because I barely blocked during the fight, let alone parried. Unlike other bosses, you really do not need to block during his fight. Dashing is your best friend and it works to be just as slippery as he is to be able to avoid his attacks and to counterattack.

His Phase 2 transformation depends on wether you have a good computer or not. Me personally, my computer is worse than a potato, it is probably bad enough performance wise to be considered a Daikon Radish. I genuinely had trouble tracking Elius during the later stages of the fight because my game dipped to like 5 fps due to how much lightning particles were on screen. But then again, it’s a pc performance issue and I was still able to beat him.

TL;DR: if ur struggling, try to imitate him:

• Dash around like weenie so it’s hard for him to hit you
  • Eat a fish meal prior to the fight the recovery really does help in survivability
  • Spam projectiles outside of a few situations. You can handily beat him with only blasts.

and make sure you’re around level 60 or so to outdamage his healing and good fucking luck if your computer is shitty but mine was shitty and I could handle it. If you don’t beat him first try, that’s totally fine. I died like 8 times before I made a good strategy to beat him.

also this is really important make sure it’s daytime when you fight him. At night it’s literally impossible to track him especially in phase 1.

You missed something Screen pollution

screen pollution is why my frames were bad it counts i mentioned it

Oh. I treated the screen pollution as a separate thing but it’s impossible to see especially with thunder dash spam