Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

Im pretty sure this has been mentioned already but like, increase the damn drop rates, or let us choose what the boss drops (or like a pity system idk), just something please. For reference, i have been grinding for hours and have killed Lady Carina 100+ times, and haven’t gotten a single Gi or Leggings, 5 pauldrons, 6 bracelets and 2 faulds, which is annoying since literally the only things i want are the leggings and gi

Yeah, the game is fun but these drop rates. Getting messed up because of luck is really annoying.

Well, i got the Gi, still going for the pants.

Just got over 1k farming argos. Even had a toxic assassin player sink my ship while fighting. Only drop was the chainmail :smiling_face_with_tear:

but trading exists for a reason no?

I mean, I guess??? Thats kind of like putting a Band-Aid on a stab would, and it doesn’t fix the actual problem whatsoever, but you can.

to be fair he made over a million robux on day one from all the global messages lmao

bros complaining about 1/10 :sob:

Grabs suck in PvP ONLY because they are nearly impossible to hit. There have been two many times I can even hear the impact of my weapon grab someone midair and the grab does NOTHING.

Also
Grabs should work on bosses.

3 Likes

No, im complaining about 1/7, stoopid.

Also, :nerd_face:, think about it, you want 1 specific thing, and Carina has 5 drops, so its 1/7 to get a drop, then a 1/5 to get the correct drop. You have a 15 (ish)% chance of getting a drop, then a 20% chance of getting the right one, which is about 3%. (if my, admittedly terrible, math is correct) Keep in mind, theres also actually fighting the boss (which is pretty easy at max level, but can be slightly time-consuming and you’ll have to do it alot).

grabs in general are kind of annoying, especially when you’re grinding someone like Carina, and she hits you with her 1000 hit (2 damage total tho) for so long it makes it really annoying.

i might be more ok with it, just because i’ve already spent so goddamn long playing gpo. so honestly i say arcane odyssey is godsend for that type, tho yes i agree. there should be a pity system, there’s already one for sunkens (tho VERRYYYYYY high amounts of fishing needed, tho ig it’s ok?)

1 Like

man, literally this. ik there’s probably some reason or whatever, but there isn’t a reason good enough to just fuck over anyone who wants to use grabs. like, fuck weapon and fighting style users… right???

Imagine having weapons
and having half your moveset be grabs which are useless unless you are in pvp, kek

Also, real hot takes time:

Using meta magics because they are strong isn’t an objectively bad thing, and people need to stop pretending it is,

Using Fire magic doesn’t make you basic (honestly, whens the last time y’all saw a fire user)

Getting help with bosses that you can’t beat on your own (eg, Calvus) isn’t “cringe”, and you shouldn’t care if random people who, and i cannot stress this enough, you will never meet think its a “skill issue”

6 Likes

this is something i wanted to say, something like “the big map in WoM was more enjoyable, wish island were bigger”, i find it annoying how most of them are small

Honestly, i wish there were other ways of travelling, other than just by your ships, like, if they had Portals to major islands or Ferries that you pay like, 10 gold to travel between islands (either have it be a teleport, or a ship that drives itself with a chance of pirate attacks, which might be fun idk). At any rate, having to wait 30 years and while both having nothing to do and pay attention to not run into anything or any ships is so boring.

Also, ship combat is only fun with rams, ketches are overrated.

:skull: bro said “5” minutes

I don’t really think anyone has a problem with people using strong / meta magics, but when you’re bounty hunting and come across a Metal mage for the 10th+ time that day it gets very, very boring fighting the same thing over and over and over again. There’s 20 choices and the fact that so many players use one of two magics when there’s so much else available is just boring, man.

It’s also annoying when you lose a fight you know you would’ve won if they weren’t metamancing. Using magics like Metal are an easy way to make up for a personal skill deficit, which is cheesy.