Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

My poison dagger doing 500 dmg:

Literally 1 dagger throw and 2 piercing shots and you’re dead

good luck hitting dagger throw also ew musket user

Magma also literally does not melt you

I’m not saying it’s realistic, I’m saying that it’s much more realistic than acid freezing.

There is 0 reason to add freezing acid

Also no it’s not fairly achievable with ice, the ice would melt, not cause the acid to freeze, liquids are much better at transferring heat

I view magma and acid as counterparts, to me it is completely reasonable to give acid access to freeze so long as it removes corroding. Otherwise we just have magma, a DOT magic, that synergizes with petrify.

So the ice melts into cold water which is still below the temperature required to freeze sulfuric acid.

Just putting it out there but…

Aren’t we forgetting about Glass? T_T

Then you’re viewing them completely wrong, they only have a single similarity which is dot dmg and duration, literally every other stat is different

No, it would just become cold water + sulfuric acid, you are aware that it turning into water lowers the freezing point right?

I stg forumers never took middle school chem

DOT is 0.5x the initial hit damage, acid is more speed focused while magma is more AOE.

Who said the ice had to be in mixed in the acid (scratch this, ice impacting corroding)? Wouldn’t that be counter intuitive since the acid will interact with the water and produce heat because that’s an exothermic reaction? Although I as I’m typing this the logic would fit for water + acid inflicting scalding or something similar.

Good job for proving exactly what I said

It would initially heat and then cool down

Also if the ice never collided with acid, then why would it lower its temperature to freezing point, terrible logic.

They’re still counterparts, they don’t need to have the exact same stats to be one. The new changes only further that given that acid is more middle of the pack in terms of synergies when it comes to heat and cold synergies (although acid has quite a few heat synergies). Magma is obviously going to be more heat focused.

For some reason I was thinking this through the logic of using ice water and a test tube, first thing that comes to mind when it comes to cooling acids down. But yeah, I’m going to agree with the logic behind acid and ice not inflicting freeze when combined with each other and just agree to the current damage increase for ice.

One thing I just remembered, at least for soaked/acid effects. The effect is usually shown with splotches on the person with the status, so the logic somewhat still remains even if it’s bad. Iron armor can be chilled to cool down the acid indirectly, but there would still be some form of direct contact with the acid regardless when the person gets smashed by a large chunk of ice.

What about comparing magma and acid to glass? :smiley:

Glasses biggest issue comes from the fact it just gives bleed when it could honestly do a bit more. If you’re going to have glass shards in your body then regardless of whether or not your wounds are cauterized the glass will still be inside your body. Inflicting damage internally, and restricting movements if you want to differentiate it from other DOTs.

I mean acids synergies with everything is extremely helpful in clan wars. No one dislikes having an acid as support.

As a guy with a glass slot now, yea i’l agree on this part
Its not great nor bad but it could be more as you said

Acid is pure dmg for both cold and heat magics, often the same or more dmg than other synergies, all it lacks is stuns. It does not need stuns when it alraedy synergies well with dmg. It doesn’t need stun, high synergies and dot

Acid is becoming the better shadow

More like it’s becoming the better explosion and water. It doesn’t have raw stats but it does have synergy.

Yeah I said I agree with the changes after discussing about it.

Wdym it’s not bad?
It’s ONLY used EVER as a secondary magic, an easy way to trigger bleed synergy on mages.
It’s utterly useless and outclassed by MOST other magics.

Acid IS the better glass. On every way

Bad example since most of the discussion is based around Acid’s synergies…
Of which shadow has none, but I’m gonna make a different topic relating to shadow and something I just realized as a conjurer.