Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

True. While Crystal (and mage DMG buff) is definitely carrying the build’s damage potential, you have my respect for using glass as a primary element.

Eh, I use it for the synergy with crystal. It’s my second mind.

yes, I’m that guy.

air pressure pushing away objects

1 Like

Why would yall ever do something like this? More love for ice smh

Soaked, Charred, drained (withered) and freezing dot too

I truly wonder how soaked and charred would deal dot doe

The Crystallized status should stay at +35% when a shatter is triggered by itself. Builds that don’t recieve their 2nd magic on their 1st awakening shouldn’t be penalized just to improve crystal’s interactions with other magics. It would be more viable if it functioned like this instead:

The Crystal status still stacks, however the stacks can now be shattered early from a hit by lightning, earth, metal, explosion
Every stack increases the damage of the shatter by 15%.

1 > 15%
2 > 30%
3 > 45%
4 > 35%

So, while the 4th hit with crystal alone will still do +35% the 4th hit with one of its magic interactions will do +45% instead. I’d prefer this over a flat nerf to Crystal magic as a whole.

5 Likes

Ice doesn’t deserve love. It wasn’t in aa. Remove all magics that weren’t in aa as base magics and than remove all customizability and just make it aa spells. Gurantee no more complaints from ids and glass users.

Making it 20%. The same as clears does seem extreme since it needs to stack.

And it’s still one of the best magics in the game. 1.2x is generous enough. Let’s not make it even more braindead maybe

1 Like

Buff the underwater size boost to 1.2x than. I want water to be one with the environment. Also I just want a boost higher than the other underwater synergies since size scaling will add together next update.

its very good idea but 3 stacks giving 45% extra damage bonus is absurd no matter what way you slice it. Crystal should stay the same way it is, but the only change is that other magics will shatter the status affect when its ready methinks. and/or nerf it to a 30% power increase.

0 attack size and this hit my caravel

you are actually beyond insane if you think water needs more size in its current state

Scrap everything I said, there’s some server bug where unimbued weapons don’t bleed as long as they’re supposed to. It’s supposed to be 5s on weapons always. Glass conj is ass unless they add the 10% dmg increase

Keep in mind size formula is being changed to be additive instead of multiplicative.
That hammer multiplied an extra 1.2x and the aura of it was destruction which it looks like it is also multiplied size.

That definitely makes more sense. I found it really strange how I simply didn’t find any difference between imbued and unimbued glass weapons, other than the fact that you ACTUALLY just nerf yourself lol

1 Like

power aura. even with the size formula being changed you can still build into it pretty easily. how about instead of adding more aoe to magic we make it so that people are allowed to get close to the zoner class :+1:

This is just a problem with how op self explosion is due to its dmg being the same as blast.
Giving mages reverse dmg drop off would fix most of the close range problems with mages by making their dmg suck close range.

Buff glass :fist:

2 Likes

I’d rather Mages do damage and have to aim rather than deal no damage and keep their AoE. skill expression is what keeps many players interested and should certainly be taken into consideration on a PvP balance document

Mages are supposed to be zoning, they need aoe for that. Also I’m just saying reverse dmg drop off so they are good at range but worse being up close.

1 Like