Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

F, they said it needed to be higher. But instead they nerfed the Crystal only one to be the same as any other clear synergy, and then gave the other synergy the old shatter.

Better to use magma on bleed with conjurer or iron leg.
Or ice on sailor for 20% as well
Or ash on thermo for 20% and stun same as ice sailor.

Also the nerf wouldn’t even solve the issue whatsoever. Crystal mages could just select metal, earth, explosion, and lightning as a second magic to get the exact same damage. So… 1000+ damage is still acceptible as long as if you have to switch magics for the very last hit? I didn’t think so.

Ah I thought when you get a second magic with crystal it’s combo mechanic is removed mb

Yk like every solid magic can hit over 1000

It really confuses me why more people don’t do magma iron leg or ice sailor more when they are basically the same as Crystal hybrid next upd

Better actually cause stun and not needing to stack.

Don’t have a magma file so I should try. I think there are a few ice/lightning sailors

There are. They are extremely cringe. Imagine sunken conj with stun but with more dmg and decent skills

I don’t think shockwave specifically needs any buffs, it’s pretty versatile. It’s only a problem with small fstyles hence the size buffs.

Shockwave deletes projectiles and it’s a free/reliable “combo” tool. Can pretty much be used after every time you use Crash, and works as throwaway damage (Slam grounds you, Shot needs either aim or proper spacing).

Sometimes it’s preferable to Slam after a Rushdown (e.g. if it’s too risky to slam or if you wanna maintain aerial superiority, you can do Rushdown → Shockwave → Shot and it works pretty well)

Does rising tide clash better or worse than shining cycle?

Intense 4 hour reply.

Fluect replying……nvm he ain’t……fluect replying….nvm

Just seeing this now but I’m gonna reply anyways because I don’t like grace period at all. At all. Max heat should have never been a guarantee in the first place and I don’t even know why grace period was added.

Max Thermo is supposed to be the point at which you become cracked, not something that’s guaranteed by playing the game. You’re going 40% faster than and dealing burn at the cost of a fraction of 3% less damage and 15% less size. If the size decrease is holding Thermo back that much it’s because Vetex underestimated how much the size decrease harmed its viability (as he did with Boxing).

This isn’t at all accounting for the fact that Thermo got multiple buffs in return for those two changes. For reference, it literally takes ~8 consecutive attacks not exploiting grace period to get to max heat and -5% per second.

Let’s say after the changes you block for an entire 2 seconds, idk what ur taking two seconds to block but let’s say it takes 2 seconds.

2 - 0.5 = 1.5sec of drain, 1.5×-5%=- 7.5% heat

You can probably get all that heat back in 1 move. Especially with a 10% buff in heat gain.

Fully charging your energy (post-Awakening) would look like 9% of ur heat bar lost with the halved rate during charging.

Combine that with secondary fstyles giving you heat, and similar buffs.

No meter-based mechanic should ever be at max all the time, it’s not like that in any game. Sailor loses its meter as soon as you attack once. Thermo loses it if you fall asleep.

1 Like

So he was truly replying for 4 hours

1 Like

Idk bro all the clashrates on weapons are invisible or smth

I’d imagine better though.

Underwater ice imbued sailor warlocks. Also if enviro freezing isn’t supposed to cause freeze than why does enviro soaked.

Idk bro that was centuries ago

It causes it with the sea but it’s not supposed to in rain iirc.

And freezing is like that because there were scenarios where you could just become Frozen for breathing, like if you were deep underwater it used to initiate Frozen, or high in the sky during rain or smth.

Plus Frostmill exists and there will likely be other cold islands.

1 Like

I wonder why cold temps didn’t get their own effect to solve that instead since heat did. It kinda prevents ice from benefitting. Same with water and ocean/rain

How about we just remove all stuns so that people can stop using it as an argument as to why water doesn’t deserve synergy buffs with the drink

Buff the drink.

Why tf would water need buffs, literally better snow

Better snow??? Of all magics to compare water to? Snow is a stun magic and has a completely different purpose. The magics actually comparable to water in use are explosion and acid

1 Like