Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Compared to water which starts 2 stuns???

Explosion and acid aren’t as directly comparable as snow

Snow:
.925x dmg
1x speed
1.15x size

Water
.925x dmg
1x speed
1.2x size

Water synergies better

Water is the catalyst for those stuns. It doesn’t trigger them

Ya and?

Different purpose cause it doesn’t synergize with those to cause the stun.

It literally is a magic which can be used to cause stun. You’re making a pointless distinction

but it does synergise, it has a damage bonus against freezing and snowy targets

Doesn’t trigger the freeze though

Nerf water dmg increase size to 1.25

so? either way you need two of a few magics to activate it, it doesn’t matter the order

Does matter the order for primary and secondary due to size tiers and shapes. Typically use your higher synergy dmg magic as primary due to increased potential dmg and size. Snow has 20% on water where as water is just 10%. Neither has synergy on frozen doe, kinda cringe considering explosion has it on petrified.

that’s fair, tho it’ll become less of a problem as the tiers increase with the level increases

it would make sense for water to be able to inflict frozen on freezing and snowy tho

I’m personally trying to push to differentiate cold and hot synergies by making cold synergies much stronger with the environment than hot

the environment?

I literally just explained why it’s a useless distinction.

No

Ocean, rain, cold temps

1 Like

I still find it egregious that the only reason explosion magic is getting nerfed is because it’s supposedly just better water ._.XD

Buffs/nerfs come when they are needed, not when you want it. buffing the size will just make it the fastest 1.25. Plus explosion was nerfed relative to water, so just ganna remove that nerf if water gets size buff?

And being 1.25 will make it the fastest “large aoe” to speed, compared to future explosion 0.85 and current rock 0.6. Unless the speed is nerfed to 0.9 and dmg to 0.9 as well.

Only thing magic worth being size buffed is plasma, its just a worse light.
You might say “Oh it has DOT”, does 9% of the dmg for 3seconds. But since it doesn’t stack, realistically it only makes the magic’s total dmg 0.9x (if you were to fire a magic once every second).
DOT is really not all that good, because they don’t stack.

Its really justs a worse shadow, when shadow is .1 faster, does 0.95 dmg and has a size of 1.15. And no one uses plasma ( i never do either) It should really get 1.1, or 1.15 size. Or have its speed buff wayy more.

Explosion had better synergies than water, so idk why the water synergies didn’t get buffed instead. I nana more of a problem with cold overall.

It’s already being buffed in the changes?? with scaled? and petrify with magma?

Worse magic imo, is poison it’s stats and dot suck so badly.
imagine this, your first blast is 1.5 dmg (great) then everything next i realistically 0.8 or 0.85. I honestly don’t know why damages are being effected so heavily by Dot, but when you really look into the values dot barely adds 5-10% because the dot Added dmg is really to the first attack, then its added dmg should be calculated by dmg/s.

1 Like