Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

yeah it was but I feel like if nothing else gets it, at LEAST piercing shot should get it because this is actually one of the best moves in the game right now

It is a bit understandable that musket has a high base damage, due to not being an AoE skill, but most part of its crazy damage maybe is because of the way power scales?

I mean, 400 damage is honestly not that high compared to what a warrior build can deal with Kai sabre or even a greastword with the wind ability. Both of them also have HUGE AoEs

How would the sweet/sour spot work for the musket? Based on distance?

400 damage super long range beam attack with aoe on impact

shits not hard to hit

1 Like

And somehow I make it look precise

if your opponents in the air you’re gonna have to actually aim a lot more though (70% of the playerbase including me can’t do that)

Especially hard with base shot since you aren’t held in place.

they do not have more endlag btw

no just the AOE on piercing shot

if you hit a direct with piercing shot it’d be the full damage
if you miss the bullet but hit the aoe it’d be like half or 2/3 damage or smth

same with slow magic warlocks i think execpt from crystal warlock due to its crystal breaking bug thingy

OOOOH now I get what you mean!
Then yeah. I 100% agree with this.

Mor Spreadsheet, Dmg weighted 2, size weighted 1.5, speed weighted 1.
Compates magic stats

Normalized data.

Think I finally found how they justified that water nerf. This is water with pre-nerf stats. Idk how metal stayed without a nerf though then.

Only way I see is if stat deviations where all weighted the same. Which I mean I wouldn’t weight speed the same as size and dmg. And ignoring dot.

flat weights almost never work in a video game as it is very very multifactored

1 Like

the WIP is gone, scalded with heat on soaked is gone, scalded with cold on heat remains, water no longer clear scald remains. Negative synergies with scald from cold remain. Idrk what the point of scalded is.

Bleed synergy buffs only remain for fire.

Updated the sheet with the explosion dmg nerf being removed and being replaced with an extra speed nerf

1 Like

self synergies

Rebalance magic stats compared

No dot

with dot

An interesting (though futile) incentive to use seemingly redundant combos together.

Wish I could use water and sailor and it be good