Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

thank you testers for this

1 Like

what exactly was cut from the document?

Well from what you highlighted the only ones not at the bottom are Metal, Wood, Magma, and Glass.

I say Glass is in a fair place, Wood SHOULD be nerfed (but I’d rather do that through adding splintered, so hopefully in a future update), Metal/post-nerf Magma would probably be fine after size meta is tackled (and if not they should be further nerfed).

Water had those similar stats except no speed disadvantage. Earth never received a nerf because size it wasn’t THIS BAD until recently (it was still crazy just not gamebreaking).

Majority of the changes to statuses, a few other things here and there.

awes

Isn’t glass just a worse Acid?
Pretty much the same reason for a buff than Ice.

Why does scalded still have the -20% though?

wym that definitely wasn’t removed what are you talking about lol

ok what about snow and ice. Snow will still induce scald but will still remove and have reduced dmg

Somewhat, as Level said with refreshing it would probably be better since it’d be easier to keep the DoT running.

Refreshing was taken off the doc until a future patch though.

Do you think that would be enough to make glass a bit more similar regarding power to acid?

Acid has much better synergies and it’s DoT has more than 2x the dmg glass has. Even with the stacking DoT thing, acid would still be just better than glass.

Including synergies prob not, as a solo magic I’d think so.

Just bleed stack conjurer

Yeah Acid conj is still better than that

I mean, even as a conjurer, acid also has synergy with bleed, doesn’t it?

Despite the changes, glass is still really weak.

hey this isn’t balancing but could we have it so that i don’t get fuckin’ leather or hunting armor from elite armor chests in 1.12

If imbuement synergies are halved, why are imbuement dots not reduced?

I understand the synergies being halved, but so much dot stacking.

DoT stacking isn’t exactly new.

Acid and Bleed already happens. Sure, it’s not ‘acid+acid’ but still…

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.02.23 PM

What is the purpose of nerfing explosion so much? It seems excessive to reduce its speed like this-- honestly, I don’t understand why explosion is being nerfed at all; since it’s already relatively slow, doing this would only make it a less efficient version of heavy-hitters like metal, earth, and magma. And even though one could argue that the significant AoE that explosion already possesses compensates for this, it doesn’t. That is simply because the very magics I mentioned earlier have AoE almost on par with explosion only a tad smaller, and damage that surpasses it. That in tandem with this nerf would essentially make explosion relatively obsolete. Shooting too slow to be effective unless someone is close because they can dodge easily if it’s distanced… which is exactly what heavy-hitting magics are meant for. Unless it got a damage buff, I don’t get why making it slower “balances” anything.

1 Like