Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

SCOLD ME

what

Glass needs to be lower imo.

It doesn’t need to be lower, it needs to be removed from the chart as it’s so op you can’t compare it.

True. Glass is better than acid, even though Acid is better at everything. lol

People overrate melting SO HARD holy shit

YO you got a link to that?

ngl if this is a mage magic build then sure BUT if this is for hybrids you got a lot wrong imo

1 Like

Magma has:

• Good base damage with the second-highest damaging status in all of Arcane Odyssey.
  • Absurd size.
  • Disruptive visuals. Fighting a Magma user has more natural blind than Light will ever have.
  • One of the strongest Pulsars in the game.
  • One of the strongest Resistance and Destruction modes in the game.
  • Two hazards that can stack on top of one another. Magma pools, and setting terrain on fire.
  • Numerous self-clears, including Bleed, Soaked, and Freezing.
  • Superb and adequately varied damage interactions.
  • Absurdly strong clash rates.
  • Grants the ability to swim infinitely thanks to platform creation.
  • Will be able to Petrify next patch.

All of this, and the only downside is its lackluster speed. Magma is the single most overloaded magic in all of Arcane Odyssey. The fact that it is getting away with nothing more than a slap-on-the-wrist nerf in v1.12 is mind-boggling to me.

6 Likes

In stats, when dot is added in, I rank it 2nd only behind poison.

depressing that this is true, the smoke clouds when i was fighting argos was elius lightning cloak lvls of blind and confusion. that i had to turn my graphics from full to 1 to not be interfered when dealing w/ argos.

(speaking of argos i dislike him more than calvus’ move stacking holy)

Calvus visually Charges his swords and balls before using them later. You can see them on his back, also Argos is super easy if you just m1 or use bursting mode. Just call his face and spam attacks. Occasionally blocking. 1k go should be enough to survive

Calvus charges his balls fr

yeah im aware and im able to curb stomp the both of them since i can just face tank them

just movestacking is really annoying is all

hey guys, question:
are ultimate art blasts viable
like, at all

if youre a wind intensity build

That’s exactly my point - even if melting was entirely removed Magma would still be extremely powerful
Though I do have to disagree on disruptive visuals - Ash/Poison Magic Size builds are something else entirely

New Proposal

Equipment Stat Formula changes

Preps them for scaling well in the future and caps their buffs based on base.

All are converted into multipliers instead of being additive.

Stat Constant and Max multipliers per effect are subject to change.

If you have any real Pvp, you know metal and magma is garbage. Only win simply by spamming pulsar, which you could simply win by getting distance. Plus they are going to get a massive nerf once the pulsar.