Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

1. they’re gutting attack speed? what the fuck?
  2. when was the last time you ran out of stamina in a fight with somebody
  3. just remove agility lol (sorry warmwater)

Keep the size the same and just defenestrate all the agility

Oh, I see now.

Earth, you have to deal 33% to get the bleed. Glass is guaranteed. Metal and wood break the rule by having a measly 5% threshold. Basically guaranteed.

ok but seriously why the hell is attack speed being nerfed
agility is genuinely useless and i don’t care what you do, nobody except warmwater actually cares for it
just remove it (as for the sets that have agility… nobody used them for anything other than vanity anyway (except for that one that also boosts your power and your attack size lol), it’s fine)

@WarmWater
I’m sorry but look it this warm

Nah I don’t count earth’s dot cause it’s not 100% guranteed

i will fight warmwater if i have to

Light has a damage affinity of 0.825x, if you add 0.1x then you get 0.925x. Now if you apply the stacking damage synergy from the blind and partial intensity build. You could reach a 1.0175x damage boost with 1.4x speed (the +0.8x boost is halved iirc; although this seems to have been removed so it’s probably 1.8x speed) and normal size.
Poison has a 0.75x so even with the +0.1x and bleed synergy you’ll do less damage but you’ll have 2 DOTs working together (bleed and poison).

As for the metal point, assuming the speed formula isn’t changed by halving the change from the magic (ie. metal -0.5x/2 and light 0.8x/2; -0.25 for metal and 0.4x for light). Then yeah, you tank your speed for 10% more damage and more attack size. The counter to this is that you can be a magic focused conjurer to lay into your zoning side (magic), but this’ll only show itself fully once conjurors get like, 10 more levels so they can nab pulsar or more spells are added.

He’s a zoner. Watch out.

oh right, zoning
that WOULD be pretty good on a mage, but i’m pretty sure that he minmaxed agility, meaning all of his defense/power is gone and he may as well be gearless

Earth just has such good stats from its size and dmg that it doesn’t need dot to be high with dot counted

Mhm. Try to overwhelm him when he’s on the ground.

I said it because it’s the only high impact magic with high threshold. Metal and wood just get free damage from bleed

this is the problem with anything that isn’t a boss drop, btw, if you don’t have some power or defense on that accessory/armor, nobody is using it in a normal playthrough

Makes me want to run an earth user, almost.

Magics will small size multiplier will stay unpicked/unpopular forever, Simply due to better accuracy = more dmg. All magics with less than or 1.1 will always be garbage.

Lightning being the most popular magic:

And acid just being really strong for mages/warlocks atm:

Lol, most popular yet, most just give up their build. You see like no mage pvp’ers using lightning.