Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

1 Like

Chg is difference from the balance doc
1.12 are doc stats
Average is the weighted average of the standard deviations of dmg dot speed and size, weighted 2, 1.5, 1.25, 1.25, respectively.
Positive is a beneficial tradeoff negative is bad tradeoff
Closer to 0 is more balanced/neutral tradeoff

Trying some balance changes on a spreadsheet for magic stats

Honestly the huge ass aoe’s that 's just gonna creep up are going to kill both pve and pvp

Thing is that attack size scales upwards but not agility with it
Attack size is also the only stat that doesn’t reward you for aiming your shots

i mean, agility will get worse too, no one wants to fight someone with 3x run speed and 10x dash distance even at level 1000

the reason why attack size is getting out of control is that attack size ALREADY scales with level, and when people level up, they upgrade their attack-size-boosting armor, which makes it give even MORE attack size. long story short: scaling exponent is higher than 1.

(table is more of a proof of concept of how attack size is getting out of control too quickly and not meant to list AO’s actual armor stats)

Level Attack Size Bonus from Level Attack Size Bonus from Armor Attack Size Bonus from both Level and Armor
100 2x Attack Size 1.5x Attack Size 3x Attack Size
300 3x Attack Size 2.0x Attack Size 6x Attack Size
500 4x Attack Size 2.5x Attack Size 10x Attack Size
1 Like

Redundant moves on multiple weapons
So many weapons in the game yet some are just copy paste movesets rn
Some weapons like trident (not triasta) and spear don’t really have a purpose since share very similar moves such as 1. spear/trident throw 2. impaling strike. There’s no point to using them either when staff has knocking blitz (impaling strike counterpart) and piercing gale (spear throw with different visuals and more aoe). Make regular tridents and spear have more purpose (speed, size or damage). Elius spear throw aoe (when Elius uses it) is even larger than piercing gale

These weapons aren’t even used because of better options (staff), some are just more op like kai sabre or scimitar of storms
which both have tp moves and flying slashes. Only difference being SoS has 2 flying slashes. Yes, the hitbox and distance are being changed next update but they’re the same thing on different weapons.

Also why are katanas (kai sabre) getting +20% projectile speed on flying slash? Fast imbues make it fast enough and warrior will get +10% speed next patch. Fast enough already imo

1 Like

Calvus also has a higher level cap so it’ll eventually just be better regardless once the cap reaches level 200.

Eventually? It’s better now. Elius armor has no purpose and carina is only used in atk speed builds :smiling_face_with_tear:

I mean better in those specific stats, even after the nerfs

The stat nerfs are only for the accessories so they match boots like other armors. There’s no real nerf other than the power and size scaling change which affects everything

Speaking of stats, 1.75x where x is a whole number of pl level divided by 10 (final value is rounded down) is how we can calculate the stats for a hypothetical level 160 vs 200 piece of armor for Elius vs Calvus in stats.
Gotta find the general pattern for size and agility for both but we can guesstimate that Elius at level 160 will have ~28 power while Calvus at level 200 will have ~35.

Calvus chest piece is 1.5 for agility and size
level 200: Agility = 30, Size = 30
Calvus Boots (and later the accessories)
Power: 1.3 per 10 levels (level 200 = 26)
Agility and Size: ~1.09 per 10 levels (?) (level 200 = ~21)

Elius chestpiece is 2 for agility
Level 160: Agility = 32
Elius Boots & Accessories:
Power: 1.3 per 10 levels (level 160 = ~20)
Agility: 1.5 per 10 levels (level 160 = 24)

As for the nerfed Calvus stats I won’t know since I don’t know the general pattern on a stat spreadsheet. Mostly got these by comparing level 100 values with ±10 to 20 level stats (80, 90, 110, 120).
Guessed at the value for agl and size for Calvus boots so it matches the table on the wiki.

logistic growth

mmm i guess that would work even though i really prefer everyone getting options like

• 50 defense and +50% magic size
  • 100 defense and +25% magic size
  • 175 defense

for armor

It’s logarithmic, not exponential, also level scaling isn’t linear either

Working on something for this alraedy.

It is. It’s affinity * (level + 19 + power) * multipliers. But the level buff is linear.

Logistic prevents any sense of power scaling though.

You do know that was referring to attack size right? Illiterate forumers I stg

Levels don’t give attack size though? only tiers do.

Logistic growth scaling for equipment stats. It kinda doesn’t show any power scaling though then.

Which isn’t linear, it works on a step function based on points

Considering that Spiraling Fury is having its mobility nerfed, can its attacking part be buffed? It should be able to deal damage throughout the entirety of its travel duration, not just at the very end of it. Would also make the visual less confusing.

8 Likes

imo this would make spiraling too strong, its already getting a hitbox buff
also because attack speed affects the movement speed of spiraling ur still gonna go pretty far as ur momentum is kept at the end of spiraling

1 Like