Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

I expected AA water underwater synergy, than I saw a measly 1.15x size buff and no other size or dmg buff. Also expected good synergy until I saw this

This funny as shit

does this same calculation work with size and speed?

Yes, but they don’t have anything added to them

ah alright ty

this problem will be fixed when the full movesets are added

Which won’t be for a long time

Why me?

What y’all think of this logistic growth scaling, the max and scaling can be changed for different stats.

Shouldn’t these be 2 sides two sides of the same coin? They are both meant to be catalyst, why are petrified and frozen so different in the buffs they give to the stuff applying them?

Also why are the debuffs on heat statuses against cold magics so much higher than the debuffs of cold statuses on heat magics?

Whats with snow only having 10% on its freeze synergies?

Also, would be cool to give explosion a size reduction underwater instead of getting deleted. It would also get a slight dmg buff instead. Water would get size and speed underwater instead.

Personally, I feel like water should have a size closer to explosion and speed higher than an explosion, but lower dmg. Boom boom more dmg than a fast river. Kinda just wanna have explosion and water be similar except in dmg and speed. Water 0.9 dmg, 1.1 speed, 1.25 size. Explosion .925 dmg, .8 speed, 1.3 size. Is this based on any balance reason besides making explosion and water similar and cooler? No.

What if since imbued synergies are half as effective, why not have stun imbuements have a 20s cd instead of 10s, or just lower their time. Stun imbuements seem to be the only thing people ever use stuns on unless someone falls into the water. This just for consistency, stun duration still an L.

Also, since you’re giving up any potential of synergies with double status, I still believe non-dot double statuses should have a dmg buff instead of 20s status. Or Make it stack double status and give the non-dot statuses self synergy and make stacked statuses give double synergy like it will with light.
Prob not gonna change this stance until stacking water is viable. I’m giving up bleed synergy or any other synergy by using sunken sword or sailor imbued with water. The buff also wouldn’t affect anything really besides those double status builds.

This admittedly only affects water since its the only status on things besides magic that isn’t a DOT.

Also, give dot more dmg or lower hp regen

I hope this is not concern however…

The combinations of the buffs to fighting styles and conjurer imbuement and the nerf of warlord’s imbuement damage affinity is a bit worrisome to me.

At the moment, with bleed synergy, there are a fair amount of magics that have similar imbuement damage to warlord (Tested water imbuement damage in comparison to basic/iron leg). With these changes, conjurer’s imbuement will get a 0.1 buff and fighting styles are getting a buff of at least 0.1 as well. However, Warlord’s imbuement is also getting nerfed from 2.5 to 1.5.
(Please do also note that fighting style imbued weapons do not proc synergies)

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am just judging from what I can see, but won’t the imbuement nerf and fighting style buff just balance eachother out while conjurer is getting a unhindered boost? Won’t conjurer do a noticable amount more damage than Warlord as a result? I don’t know the math.

@ThatOneGuy

They don’t? What fighting style?

I mean when imbued on a weapon they don’t proc. For example, bleed synergy on iron leg does not carry over on weapons. The weapon attacks don’t get increased damage from synergy. This goes for every fighting style rn

1 Like

This one is just a known bug with bleed synergies and weapons not working. Should be fixed next update to make bleed synergies auto apply. Happens on conjurer too

Oh, alrighty then. Do you have any insight on the other stuff I mentioned btw?

Aside from meter fighting styles having a low meter I’m pretty sure fighting styles will give more dmg overall, for example sailor 70%+ will give 1.075x dmg multiplier and 1.2x size, water would give 1.025x dmg multiplier and 1.2x size

Although sand imbuement and iron leg imbuement would give the exact same stats, and I truly mean the exact same.

Hm, when the “+” symbol appears next to the damage number, it means a synergy was triggered right?

Yes