Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Hmm looking more at it, I don’t think dmg is the problem, more of it being size. Where as magic can only go down to 1.0 size and as such never reduce size on imbuement, fighting styles go down to .8 giving a 20% size reduction.

I tested out weapon imbuement with crystal and it seems to work, the synergy also seemed to proc for sand conjurers and water conjurers. It can’t have been another synergy as the opponents hit had no effects on them. I am guessing that bleed synergy just works for imbued weapons that usng magics that clear bleed for now.

Going by that logic, it is still strange that it doesn’t work for warlord imbuements then as fighting styles like iron leg or basic combat don’t clear effects.

Aside from bleed synergy, it also doesn’t proc Thermo’s burn synergy either so I think it is a seperate issue from the bleed bug.

I was aware of water conjurer bleed synergy functioning, not of others though. I know ice bleed synergy does not functions. I do believe synergies not working is mainly a bug.

Ah, well we’ll just wait and see. Hopefully it is just synergies not working. Though thermo fist’s burn synergy not working on imbue isn’t a bleed synergy problem so hope it will be ok too.

Thank you for your answers

To go along with this, since imbuement synergies are halved, if water gave 10% self synergy. Double soaked would be 10% instead of 20% which would make it marginally better than bleed synergy but still worse than a dot stack with self synergy. Also would help water be more viable as a standalone magic.

This would also btw make a bleed weapon imbued with water or sailor give 10% due to bleed + soaked and a sunken sword imbued with water give 10% from double soaked. It would just allow more build variety and weaken the loss of a stun + dmg synergy.

Heats were made viable with sailor, why not water sailor.

Also this boost other non dot statuses to not be useful without a synergy. Also buff dot magic impact dmg with this

1 Like

wouldn’t earth be objectively better than metal in the current state? it is much larger, and slightly faster while dealing only a little less damage, still hits hard.

also poison seriously needs some kind of damage rework god damn the fact it’s better to wait an entire 20 seconds or so until you can use your magic again is so stupid bruh

1 Like

Its dps is getting increased by the duration reduction, but also the higher dmg but over time is the point of dot magics. Also dps will change if you hit them with a higher dmg hit.

It’d be nice if when you inflict poisoned onto your opponent, until the poison wears off, your magic can’t inflict it again, so it doesn’t reset the DoT timer.

then again I have no idea why I’m complaining since I’m a conjurer and I use weapon skills to wear down opponents while the poison eats away at em’

Countpoint: Not funny

wjat :question:

Refreshing statuses was meant to be this patch but it was too much so it’s being delayed to the next patch.

oh so that’ll help poison a lot too neat

yippee :poison_magic_var2: :tada:

I feel like self synergy should be for non dot statuses, cause their dmg is supposed to be dot. But also, dot should stop or reduce hp regen or just be higher.

really weird idea, DoT should be reworked so when you hit an opponent, the DoT scales with the target’s regen and vitality so it’s always slightly higher, resulting in a net positive damage gain.

Poison’s net gain would be a bit weak, but something shorter like plasma or whatever else could be much more noticeable.

1 Like

It is super weird that dot doesn’t just stop regen since it basically makes dot do no extra dmg if someone has enough hp regen

yeah it kinda defeats the purpose of what DoT is meant to be ngl

how are you getting any “damage over time” if all your damage just gets morbed by goofy ass regen

@Fluect Anything for dot to not get defeated by hp regen and not just be a regen canceler?

Also combined statuses (statuses created by synergy) from imbuements like stuns still have negative dmg synergies. For example, snow imbued onto sailor does 60% reduced dmg on freeze. Might be something like it thinking it was applied by the server and not the player?

I see no point in buffing water, When explosion is already planned for a huge 0.15 speed nerf. Plus its already balanced in stats from your own weightage chart. The whole point of explosion nerf was to get close to water magic’s stats. So why nerf explosion, then buff water.

I agree debuffs need to be fixed, Because all positivie interactions got halved so should negative ones.

Whats with snow only having 10% on its freeze synergies?

Similiar to ash to charred its 10% only. You could say fire,plasma is 20% but they are like bottom of the barrel in stats so in real terms its 10%.