Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Vet can’t do all the balance changes at once.

It was NOT supposed to be like that lol, from testing I thought grace period always applied after the attack but apparently not. Suggesting that it be changed so that u don’t drain during skills at all rn.

Regardless it’s still super easy to keep your heat up, just don’t use 5-amount attacks.

Was overnerfed, the nerf was definitely not 17% lol, it was halved for some reason.

Like before Vet prob won’t do every change if there’s too much to add at once, otherwise yes, those changes are coming.

what about increasing the intensity scaling to compensate, small increase to be enough to balance but not as overwhelming as before with diminishing returns (still would need a high intensity to replicate prenerf).

Just want to make the stat slightly more useful since I would prefer a big temporary boost (can also help hazard/DoT) than defence/power stacking

my suggestion here would be:

make a fighting style’s speed modifier not affect range

this may be super scuffed and shouldn’t be added but it’s weird how attack speed multiplies my distance by like 2 with thermo

cries in double water with no t2 techniques for size to matter

I mean I knew water sailor warlock was a bad idea but I expected better size from 2 1.2s. I underestimated the strength of tiers cause a berserker with sailor was nearly the same size as me when they were using 30 size and I was using 150 with a water imbuement.

Wish I had 1.3 size instead of .2 speed :sob:

Do tiers still only boost size like they did in wom and AA or is it all non dmg stats?

If he can’t but he wanted to, he should get a team. But oh nooo teamwork is BAD!

New changes

WOOOOOOO, 2% did seem low

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…
Why is it green and not red, also without being a berserker with high tiers the size is ass. Not sure it needs a nerf cause of size, maybe cause of dmg?

Not gonna make any strong opinions on this yet as the balance is new and most people have still not realized pulsar is still strong.

I guess halved imbuement synergy compensation?

Scalded changes yay

oooo

@SpectreTheFox they’re giving your magic buffs

Not really? Instead of halving it, all above 15% is reduced to 10%. So only 10% synergies for warlock and conj

This is the how it works currently as it is bugged, it should be halved to 7.5%

1 Like

Oh thanks for clarifying

What if

Water/Sailor:
Dmg: .925 → .9
Speed: 1.0 → .9
Size: 1.2 → 1.3

or

Water/Sailor:
Dmg: .925 = .925
Speed: 1.0 → .9
Size: 1.2 → 1.25

Would be consistent with the values that current explosion vs water seem to follow
.025 dmg = 1 point
.1 speed = 1 point
.05 size = 1 point

Really hoping Earth, water, wind, lightning, ice, Ash, shadow, and explosion get something actually useful for their status existing alone. Movement slows, Attack speed debuffs, Regen reduction debuffs (energy/Health/Stamina), Shellshock for explosion (shown as attack speed debuff)

Wish stacking statuses increased synergy (sand and snow would need their single stack synergy greatly reduced). Could provide more use to stacking certain magics.

1 Like

Would it be possible to make the airstall for cannon fist something you can toggle on or off? it severely limits cannon fist’s mobility since you can’t dash and throw cannon balls at an enemy to close the distance and deal damage at the same time anymore, if you try to do it now the airstall stops you halfway into the dash which also makes your cannon ball easily avoidable because of how much distance your cannon ball needs to travel before it can get close to where you were aiming at.

@ThatOneGuy

major skill issue

thermo fist is literally skill spam lol

I have a silly idea for cannon fist, but how about we make it so when you defeat an opponent or an NPC, you get some cannonballs back.

I mean logically you’d assume you’d just pick up the cannonballs you threw and re-used them for later (explosive balls are a bit confusing since these blow up but we’ll say for all intensive purposes that coincidentally you might find some explosive balls while foraging for the others you threw)

this just kinda acts as a reward for triumphing an opponent by giving back losses, and helps keep Cfist users from going too bankrupt at lower levels.

1 Like

Does anyone know if steam imbue base damage is a fixed number or does it depend on the magic used?

Pretty sure steam is its own magic (just not usable alone) considering it says imbuement: Steam magic instead of imbuement: fire or water. Likely a clone of another magic’s stats

Hypothetically, if we did add it
how would you switch between airstall and freefall.