Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Just speed boost and reduced size

Faster magics are still faster though with the half, slower magics less slow, 1x remain same speed. It seems misleading for 1x size to now reduce than get treated similar since both stats, speed and size don’t go below 1x

Since tiers are supposed to be like mastering the fighting style or magic, shouldn’t it be buffing all the stats, not just size a shit ton?
Ex:
Instead of like +30% size
+2.5% dmg, +5% size + 10% speed

Ik the dmg buff seems a bit overboard, however in affinities dmg is used to balance size and speed, so only size and speed getting affected would be weird and hurt the dmg magics.

Side note: anyone know if weapons are effected by tiers? Like for their weapon quality or something?

1 Like

Off the top of my head since I recently used, all rare weapons have 25 base dmg except bow, argos weapons have 1.3 size but lower speed. Unsure but: uncommon/not old weapons usually have 15 base dmg, less size than argos (1.1)? Old weapons have 5 base dmg 1.0 size

Imagine how cool it would be if everything had followed the same ratios and centers from the beginning, and then imagine how much work would need to be done to change them all back to the same ratios and center. All of magic and fighting styles would need to be changed for their base dmg, affinities changed, and a huge amount of the enchantment stuff changed.

But affinities could have been calculated than and more readable.
Ex: water = 1 dmg affinity, 1 size affinity, 0 speed affinity
Light = -3 dmg affinity, -3 size affinity, 8 speed affinity

multipliers
Dmg = 1.0 + affinity * 0.025
Dot = 0 + affinity * .125
Speed = 1 + affinity * 0.1
Size = 1 + affinity * 0.05

Too bad enchantments and shapes follow one set of rules and affinities follow a seperate one.
Weapon enchantments also follow their own rules.
Equipment stats also causing a ton of work to change them alone.

I don’t think a solid set of rules could consistently be applied when stuff like status effects, synergies, and hazards exist

Indeed, dmg size and speed enchantments, shapes, and affinities could be made consistent though.

Dmg:dot:speed:size ratio for affinities is somewhat

1:5:2:4

For shapes and enchants it’s

1:0:1.5:2

And then there’s tiers who just give size only

Some smaller magics shouldn’t get the -0.1 debuff imo, I feel like they really need help with size so shrinking skills doesn’t really make sense. Make magics like fire, light, and plasma (who all have at most 1.1 size) not get the nerf?

Of course magics like sand and crystal who have 1.15 should be affected but magics with 1.1 I feel shouldn’t get it

But they are supposed toe be sacrificing their size for other stats. Not applying it to all magics would mean water would give the same size as fire

There’s always halving it like speed. Both solutions can be tested to see which is preferred. For warlock, larger magics already have increased damage and size so most reduce the size for even more damage. Weapons lack that customisation and already have big aoe

1 Like

This is just a problem with that stupid size bar and base size on techniques being too low to be worth focusing on. Weird that we don’t have a bar to trade speed for dmg, but I would hate that just like I hate the size bar.

Considering we now have shapes, I think we could go without a size and speed tradeoff bar. Dmg doesn’t need any more multipliers.

Side note: weird that mutli blast doesn’t reduce projectile speed like it does dmg and size.

We setup a server for people to give feedback on the balance of the game. Only join if you plan to give organized feedback about the game. The point of the server is to allow much better communication from the community.
Only suggest balance changes/additions.

4 Likes

Hold on.

So is this topic going to be shut down because of the server or will it still exist?

I thought you mean 2 DOTS

when do y’all think we’ll be ready to start discussing spirit weapons Neviro_emoji

I’m really curious about how spirit weapons gonna play out

1 Like

2-3 months

I just want some confirmation that Vetex has any ideas about them past “use hp to deal damage” (which isn’t even a great idea to begin with imo)

EmbodimentSizeNerfs
Aren’t embodiment size changes all 25%, not 15%?

Or is this image just outdated?
Embodiments

I thought only the nerfs were unchanged didn’t know the size buffs were too.

Not really needed tbh but it should be consistent with the mage changes.

1 Like